Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Translation Request" Thread  (Read 165636 times)

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2020, 05:19:12 AM »
In the last photo, there's a small teaser article on Dracula X and Martial Champion. Is the girl shown there someone at Konami? Sound staff/vocalist maybe?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g475889775

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2020, 08:03:08 AM »
It's too small for me to read, sorry.  :(

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2020, 09:41:31 PM »
Based on the positioning of the photo, the person is for the "Martial Champion" game.
I also cannot read the text.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2020, 03:20:58 AM »
I've saved and resized the picture and then upload it, so now you can read the text.
https://ibb.co/ZfF3J1G
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2020, 03:43:48 AM »
Oh, I recognize that person. That's Taeko Hayasaka. She was one of Konami's PR people at the time. She did the promotion for Rondo of Blood

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2020, 05:54:22 AM »
thanks!!

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
Hi guys, I don't know if this is the right thread to make this request, but I would like to know the translation of the songs sung from Michiru Yamane's special album

For example this theme

https://youtu.be/j5SaiuOBBFE

I will be eternally grateful and sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2021, 12:36:18 AM »
Hi guys, I don't know if this is the right thread to make this request, but I would like to know the translation of the songs sung from Michiru Yamane's special album

For example this theme

https://youtu.be/j5SaiuOBBFE

I will be eternally grateful and sorry for the inconvenience.

I've translated this before.
Tadaaa!
https://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5642.msg200773#msg200773

Offline rasgar

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »
Hello, I am looking to get one of the Castlevania gamebooks translated: https://archive.org/details/akumajou-dracula-kojou-no-shitou

I know this will be a big undertaking. But once I have the text, I intend to make a playable online version of the book, in the same vein as the Twinetroid project: https://www.metroid-database.com/wp-content/uploads/Metroid/Twinetroid/Twinetroid.html

I appreciate any help I can get. I've been trying to get part of the way there by OCR-ing the scans so that I can run it through Google Translate, but I've been having a hard time getting the characters to read in properly.

Thank you!

EDIT: I've just found a website which contains the book in text form: https://web.archive.org/web/20180416093420/http://www.geocities.jp/retorogeme1/Gframe1.htm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 02:19:18 PM by rasgar »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2021, 12:50:05 AM »
Hello, I am looking to get one of the Castlevania gamebooks translated

I'm sorry. I am not available for any translating services at the moment.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #115 on: Yesterday at 05:19:50 PM »
Heya! I have one for you guys.

Rather than a simple translation, I'm asking for a bit of a lesson.

十字架を胸に (Jūjika wo Mune, lit. "Cross at Chest")

I was updating the track list for Konami Game Music Collection Vol. 1 over on the Castlevania Wiki and for the sake of posterity and practice I re-translated the whole Haunted Castle soundtrack. I was primarily focused on literal translations and this track caught my attention because I'm not sure I'm understanding the original Japanese wording correctly.

I think I get the use of を as a particle that signifies a location.
I feel like I'm missing the context of the wording I need to be able to actually get the meaning across in a translation.

It seems to have two main interpretations as either "making the sign of the cross over your chest" as in "Cross Your Heart", and the other being the literal one I used of "a cross located your chest". I dunno, I feel like I'm missing something.

There's also the context of this being the theme for the game's first and it being set in a graveyard.

I have a similar doubt about the final stage theme:

夜まで待てない (Yorumade Matenai, lit. "Not Waiting Until Night")

Which I've seen translated as "I Can't Wait until Night" and more commonly as "Don't Wait until Night".
The first one sounds more like it conveys excitement where as the other is more like a warning.
Given that the actual stage appears to take place during the day, I'm thinking it should be something more like "No Waiting for the Night".

Any insight on these would be most appreciated.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: