Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: AOS castle enterence SNES  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:56:33 PM »
This isnt mine, but i have been learning how to make snes music myself, so I should be able to use either Dracula X's instruments, or Super Castlevania 4's instruments in making music

CV AOS: Enterence Hall
http://www.filefront.com/16381399/castle%20enterence.mp3
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
That sounds more like a GBA arrangement than an SNES song. CV4 and DracX both sounded way better.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
I'd have to correct you there uzo. This tune's quality is below that of the GBA synth. If I were you Omegasigma I'd look around on the net for the exact synths used in SCV4 and Dracula X for the SNES and try making the tune again. As it currently stands the tune itself is basic in instrumentation. But I feel you can achieve your aim if you can find what I've mentioned above.  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 04:52:37 PM »
that verson i posted uses the super mario world instruments, since you inject the soundset into an existing game, then export from said game to make a new song.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:55:58 PM by Omegasigma »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
Yeah I was able to pick up those MarioPaint/Nintendo Division 1 sounds (Earthbound, Mario, Zelda).
As for the tune itself, it sounds like an old RPG like Lagoon or Lufia.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »

Ah yes, Lagoon! There's something about it that makes me think of Lagoon too, though Lagoon had richer instrumentation. Hmm.. I haven't though about that game for years. The dungeons were ridiculously LARGE with no map system whatsoever, the bosses were extremely tough and the main hero used a worthless toothpick instead of a sword. Good times!  ;D

Anyway, the original GBA version of the AoS Entrance theme sounds a lot better than this. There seems to be a few "channels" missing or something..

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
Also done with the SNES sound set, but far better done is from order of ecclesia, Old grudge of the lord's castle now this sounds SCV4 to me, also not made by me

http://www.filefront.com/16404475/Old%20Grudge%20of%20the%20Lord%27s%20Castle.mp3

another good example of the snes sound set is Megaman 2 Wily's Castle Stage 1. again not made by me, but an exellent find

http://www.filefront.com/16404541/wily%27s%20castle.mp3
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 05:14:32 PM by Omegasigma »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
Holy crap, that Old Grudge sounds epic with 4's sound font!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:54:10 PM »
I would like the make songs like the one above, the old grudge, in the SNES SCV4 soundset, or even in the Dracula X sound set for other peices

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
Go for it dude! Let nothin' hold you back!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »
A few days ago I made a small Super Castlevania IV Soundfont and right now I've got a DraculaXX one going. :D

EDIT:
Here's what I managed to come up with:
CVAoS- The Top Floor (CV4 Version)
CVPoR- Dance of Sadness (CV4 Version)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:20:18 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 07:06:37 AM »
Its hard to say. which is better in sound, i think the SNES is clearer in using the instruments then the DS' synth's

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »
CV4-RetroMixed versions of.... CV4 Tunes... FOR THE LULZ!
CV4 Chandeliers... Retromixed as its original version (sort of)

XD

Thread over.

What has just been witnessed is the ultimate retro retooling of the best retro soundtrack.

Tags:

anything