Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!(SPOILERS HERE, PLZ USE THE SPOILER TAG)  (Read 2912629 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
In Reply To #48

Me either. I'll take a good 3D Castlevania over an over-hyped action-RPG drama plotline any day.

But I agree about Kojima team having awkward control schemes often.  At least with IGA's games you can just pick up and play.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 10:45:43 PM »
i don't want to go to sleep or go to work until we find the answer...

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »
In Reply To #49

True, but at the same time, that's been the standard for so long, I think it's about time we get a CV game with a learning curve of some sort.

That "pick up and play" is what makes IGA's games so casual. We need a return to the hardcore.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »
In Reply To #51

there's nothing hardcore about fighting with MGS-style camera and attack styles where you can't even properly strafe and shoot.    look at the sword controls and attack styles  in MGS2. simply terrible!  it even killed the mood of the final battle having to swing that thing like the game designed it.

games like CV3 were pickup and play but they were still hardcore hard.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 11:09:32 PM »
But then again there's no real reason to assume Kojima and team WILL program the controls that way.  The Stealth -- ER -- Tactical Espionage Action genre is a whole other beast from the action/adventure RPG one.

I really doubt they'll need to map nearly as many functions for a CV game as they would for an MGS one.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »
No IGA is good news to me. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »
I wonder if there will even be a Jump button,

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »
...I told you guys he looked like Simon =P

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:27 AM »
We need a return to the hardcore.

I know what you're saying there.  And in an age where series' like Gears of War, Halo and Resident Evil are huge and thriving, it's time for Konami to move up a gear with Castlevania, a game which is geared for Western audiences.

One thing I am concerned about it attaching the brand "Castlevania" to Lords': it could very well do it few favours.  Fresh IP would perhaps have been looked at with fresh eyes (so to speak) and without this poor back-catalogue of 3D entries.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 02:26:27 AM »
I don't consider the current library of 3D Castlevanias "poor," but they're definitely not meeting expectations, and let's face it, we have lofty ones for our series.

The dramatic cinematics and decent platforming of CVs 64 coupled with the modern, slick action-combo systems of the PS2 CVs, and now add the next gen graphical/technical flair with Kojima's hand at the helm...

Oh this could definitely be a good thing. I don't want to get ahead of myself though, cause we still don't know for sure. A rumor remains a rumor until proven not.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:28:01 AM by A n t r a x x »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 03:49:03 AM »
This image has the IGN stamp on it, so i believe that it is official:

Konami has sent word that their E3 2009 press event will take place on Wednesday, June 3rd, at 3pm. The announcement mentions not only 'surprise guests' but also 'revolutionary announcements'. Talk about a bold statement.

We shall see if it lives up to the hype when we bring it to you live during this year's E3 expo.

From the Announcement:
With Surprise Guests and Revolutionary Announcements, This is An Event You Do Not Want to Miss!

What: Konami's E3 Press Conference
Featuring a variety of high-profile speakers for all major platforms, Konami's Press Conference will highlight games across all genres targeted towards players of all age groups and skill levels. Konami will feature groundbreaking announcements that you will truly not want to miss.
Bookmark & Share:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:06:20 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:20 AM »
If this is a new CV, consider me excited. I don't see what the big deal is over the potential changes, considering Iga was allowed to do whatever the fuck he wanted with SotN, which took Castlevania from it's classic horror roots into Anne Rice territory if you ask me. If it's so easy to accept that change, then this one should be a no-brainer with Kojima behind it.

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 05:19:51 AM »
This is belmont, can you hear me. Kept you waiting huh?
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 05:30:24 AM »
Yeah, you "knew" it as much as we all did. As in "hey, this game is the spitting image of CV. But unfortunately I don't think it is".

If this is true, I personally hope it's an SQ remake. Yeah, they say the guy's name is Gabriel, but hey, Kojima is involved..

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 05:44:36 AM »
Hopefully Kojima-san's not helping IGA here to make Nanobreaker's origin story  ;D

Tags:

anything