Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!(SPOILERS HERE, PLZ USE THE SPOILER TAG)  (Read 2912792 times)

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!!!
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2009, 12:54:01 PM »
Well, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker was real.

Looks liek this is going to come true.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »
Yeah Peace Walker looks great but what does that have to do with Castlevania?

I'll tell you: Kojima is still too busy making MGS to worry about CV (he also announced MGS: Rising for 360). This is probably a one-time thing to drum up attention for CV, but not a long term replacement of IGA.

In fact I have no reason to believe IGA and team aren't still working on that Alucard game.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
I'm pumped for Lords of Shadow, but when are we going to see that SotN thing from last year? I'm more excited about that. Is Konami waiting til later in the week or til TGS?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
Antrax, it seems that you really dont't want this to be a Castlevania, but why? This could be the great game we wished, let Alucard alone, IGA game is different and it will kick asses, but the Kojima game could be the real surprise. Kojima is a very deep man, under his hand, Castlevania could become the epic saga we always dreamt of.
I think this will be a new castle; I see the mask, and one word comes to my mind: Carmilla.
Gabriel (Belmont)'s Armor is very similar to the one in Simon's Quest, and considering that Carmilla's first appereance was CV II, could this be a prequel to Cv 1? Is Gabriel Simon's Father? I hope that.
And the rumor is about to be confirmed. For me, the artwork with the castle is enough, but if you want more proofs ,the article that unveiled this rumor said that the new MGS would be named Peace Walker, and so it was.
Let's wait until tomorrow, I hope there are 2 new Castlevanias coming! :D

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2009, 05:14:41 PM »
Not sure if this article has been posted but I found this at http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-kojima-turning-attention-to-castlevania so I apologize if this has been the second time this has been posted. I also apologize for the lengthy post.

"Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima may be working on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for Konami.

Industry pit-stop Games Press linked the project to Kojima's portfolio alongside the freshly-unveiled Metal Gear Solid: Rising (spotted by Eurogamer Spain).

Producer Koji Igarashi has apparently stepped down to make way for Kojima.

Lords of Shadow was unveiled at the Leipzig Games Conference last August and is being made for PS3 and Xbox 360 by Spanish developer Mercury Steam - of gory shooter Jericho fame.

A lone trailer for Lords of Shadow was released back then, and the game hopes to be out next year.

Konami delivers its E3 conference tomorrow. We expect to hear more there."
by Rober Purchese

Personally Im having doubts that this leak is real but I am in hopes that is. I can't say I am a huge fan of IGA (Though I was excited to see the trailer of Alucard's new game)and I have been hoping that someone would take the CV throne from him so we could have some new fresher CV games. If Kojima is going to be doing the next CV then that would be a dream come true.

As far what the article stated I haven't found anything about IGA stepping down so that might just be speculation.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
Yeah Peace Walker looks great but what does that have to do with Castlevania?

I'll tell you: Kojima is still too busy making MGS to worry about CV (he also announced MGS: Rising for 360). This is probably a one-time thing to drum up attention for CV, but not a long term replacement of IGA.

In fact I have no reason to believe IGA and team aren't still working on that Alucard game.

It was on the same list that Castlevania:LoS was on, and when it came out we didn't know the name of the PSP metal gear.  Turns out that was the real name, giving validity to that sheet.  I guess we'll see tomorrow!

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
It was on the same list that Castlevania:LoS was on, and when it came out we didn't know the name of the PSP metal gear.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:48:21 PM by Lumas »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »
even if the list is genuine, it's still possible there's a mistake in it.  doesn't seem to be though.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »
The 'MG: Peace Walker' announcement does seem to lend credence to LoS as Castlevania. (I don't think this means 3D Alucard is cancelled, it'll just come out at a later date. I think IGA said that when his 3D Castlevania was shown off, it was shown earlier than he wanted it to be. It was still early in development). Anyways, as long as they've thrown in some Castlevania references, it is third-person 3D, and has dynamic, whip-swinging level design, I will be more than pleased to see LoS become a Castlevnaia game. Especailly since it felt like a Castlevania-inspired title to begin with. It'd be great to see Castlevania come back with a bang, and not 'more of the same.'

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned either but the blog attached to Lords of Shadow's website isn't coming up.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »
That preview video is over a year old.

Who knows, if they got the castlevania license they may have switched the game up a bit.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »
Very true we have to take into consideration all the changes they will be making since they might be retrofitting this game as a castlevania title. Gabriel might just not be Gabriel anymore he could be Simon or maybe even Julius after being sealed with in the Castle or maybe someone new. The sequel to chakkan the forever man for dreamcast was eventually retrofitted to become Blood Omen 2 (I think http://www.thelostworlds.net/ has all the info on that) but we will have to wait till tomorrow before we know for sure.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »
The title "Lords of Shadow" is causing me a lot of problems, dangit.  I keep writing "Lord of Shadows" or "Lords of Shadows" and then have to change it.  Oh well.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »
Antrax, it seems that you really dont't want this to be a Castlevania, but why?

You are quite incorrect there. ;P

I would love this to be Castlevania but I don't want to jump to conclusions yet.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Tags: