Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project  (Read 112257 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »
I want a new wiiware title. Belmont's Revenge Rebirth would be GREAT. :D

Yes, please.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 08:21:12 AM »
Looks like we can offically rule out Cox's involvement in the anniversary project.

Quote from: Dave Cox via Twitter
People are asking me about the Castlevania 25 anniversary project. I just want to reiterate what I said, my team has nothing planned.

Quote from:
The anniversary requires lots of planning to do it justice and we don't have the time or resources to do it justice.

Well all of you who were dreading something Lords of Shadow related in the anniversary project can now breathe easy.........for now.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:22:51 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
Why i do not agree with peoples who want a wiiware game :

1 - bad quality

2 - short game

3 - it wont be that serious to a "celebration"

4 - we had enough of wiiware "psn or XBLA" we need to add something special to our collection !

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:37:29 AM by TheBelmontHunter »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »
I don't know... Castlevania ReBirth is a very good quality title.  It even incorporates oldschool jump physics when you turn on "Classic" mode.  As for the graphics, they're actually pretty great.

I do agree that the game is short (that's kinda how it is with oldschool ClassicVania games of the NES/Genesis days).
I also agree that it may not be enough.  I think swag to go with a game compilation disc would probably be better.
I also agree that something physical would be better than just a downloadable.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 09:06:59 AM »
MOTHER FUCKIN 1999 BATTLE GAME PLEASE

Seriously though, crossing my fingers for a brand new Classicvania on 3DS. I need my fix of Belmont struttin, a new Rebirth game on the 3DS's eshop would be really nice too.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:10:39 AM by OSM »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
With the slew of old GB games coming out for 3DS, having Adventure, AdventureII, and Legends would be keen-gear.
But what would REALLY rock is if they remade Castlevania as a 3D Classic.  Have you guys seen Excitebike and Xevious?  Xevious looks AWESOME in 3D.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »
But what would REALLY rock is if they remade Castlevania as a 3D Classic.
I approve of this. Castlevania 1 or 3 in 3D would be a fine purchase, I would not mind paying 3 or 4 bucks for them. Super Castlevania IV 3D would be an instant buy though.

I really hope Konami takes advantage of the eShop, we could see a new Castlevania ReBirth on there.

This news has me very excited, I really thought Konami abandoned us after E3.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:39:10 AM by OSM »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Eh, I really don't need another remake of the original Castlevania. Even the soundtrack CDs we got earlier are more exciting than that.  :-X

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
I wonder if IGA is involved in n e way

a ReBirth title would be neat, considering it'll be a classic & also celebrate Belmont's Revenge anniversary, but that just won't be enough. You guys aren't thinking BIG.

What we need is a BOX SET. A big black box with the CV logo seal on it. Once inside, you'll be treated to several original artwork pieces on index cards by various contributing artists. A "History of Castlevania" leatherbound book will be encased in bubblewrap, and a DVD which contains interviews from various people that have worked on the series, and from other producers from other companies that have been inspired by Castlevania. Throw in some never-before-seen promo artwork/vids in there as well. a cloth that reveals a "map of Transylvania." A CD that follows the process on how some of our fav tunes were created. A new, revised timeline pamphlet that details all the events in CV's history (should look much better than the previous PoR timeline). A download code for HoD for either 360 or PSN. A mini-replica statue of Simon Belmont attacking Dracula. A calender that has artwork from all the games. A shirt with a unique design on it. A preview on what's in store for the series in the years to come. Last but not least, a poster containing brand new art from Kojima which showcases all the Belmonts in various poses, with Dracula's eyes/face looming in the background.

MAKE IT HAPPEN KONAMI

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »

a ReBirth title would be neat, considering it'll be a classic & also celebrate Belmont's Revenge anniversary, but that just won't be enough. You guys aren't thinking BIG.

What we need is a BOX SET. A big black box with the CV logo seal on it. Once inside, you'll be treated to several original artwork pieces on index cards by various contributing artists. A "History of Castlevania" leatherbound book will be encased in bubblewrap, and a DVD which contains interviews from various people that have worked on the series, and from other producers from other companies that have been inspired by Castlevania. Throw in some never-before-seen promo artwork/vids in there as well. a cloth that reveals a "map of Transylvania." A CD that follows the process on how some of our fav tunes were created. A new, revised timeline pamphlet that details all the events in CV's history (should look much better than the previous PoR timeline). A download code for HoD for either 360 or PSN. A mini-replica statue of Simon Belmont attacking Dracula. A calender that has artwork from all the games. A shirt with a unique design on it. A preview on what's in store for the series in the years to come. Last but not least, a poster containing brand new art from Kojima which showcases all the Belmonts in various poses, with Dracula's eyes/face looming in the background.

MAKE IT HAPPEN KONAMI

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »

MAKE IT HAPPEN KONAMI

I'd trade all that swag for a brand new state of the art 2.5D Castlevania on a home console --preferably the 1999 Demon Castle War.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2011, 10:39:50 AM »
I'd trade all that swag for a brand new state of the art 2.5D Castlevania on a home console --preferably the 1999 Demon Castle War.

This^^^

A 2.5D Demon Castle Wars would be the best Anniversary gift in my honest opinion.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:39 AM »
b-but that's not very likely..

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »
Why not?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »
I like this thread. It's like a compilation of all other threads about Cox, the 25th Anniversary, LoS, Konami, the Demon Castle Wars, but this time, it's FOR REALZ! XD

Tags: