Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 197743 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well it at least shares the same nondescript, robed wraiths from Lament!
Vassago and Swordmaster.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
or bone pillars, or bats (the ones that just "fly by" don't count), or skeleton dragons, mermen, etc. but we've already discussed that topic to death, so to speak.

I hope the new engine will show even shinier graphics in the rain scenes and

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Speaking of that new engine, a poster on Neogaf posted some info about it.

Now I know what your thinking "A random post on a internet forum isn't much to go on."  but since this is only lead of info about the game im willing to accept all possible rumors with Texas sized grains of salt until the game is shown.

Originally Posted by sara_is_anxious:  "I don't have a source but trust me this time around the programmers are using the surprisingly versatile and powerful satellite processors of the Cell CPU to help the rendering engine, we'll have bigger maps, better frame rates and improved image quality with better assets and all with even less loading or none at all for the most part (background caching and installing to the HDD where possible) and so far it's looking good, as for the 360 version it is going rather well thanks to its multi-core architecture as well, the size of the DVD is the only concern as when you want to revisit one place that you played earlier you might need to change discs again."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Meh. I'll just wait for the next handheld CV.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
the only concern as when you want to revisit one place that you played earlier you might need to change discs again."

God dammit.

You'd think there would be some way around this with installation of the game, but NOOOOO.

Oh well. I just hope they took some gameplay complaints to heart. (Also Hitoshi Sakimoto composing for the game wouldn't hurt.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:56:01 PM by Munchy »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, I'm interested to see what it's like.  Where does it pick up?  And from whose point of view are we playing?  We still don't know who the protagonist is going to be.  It could be Gabriel as a vampire for all we know. 

And in the event we actually fight Gabriel, I wonder how he will fight.  I'm hoping for a more melee based opponent over the old teleport and fireball routine.  A fast paced battle against an opponent who uses both melee attacks and wields magic.  Now that is what I call a boss battle!!!  We've had those before against other bosses, but never against the Dracula character.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
All I hope is we DON'T have to switch discs again. That is something which really kills the mood and makes me lose interest in playing. A game where you can revisit older areas really can NOT have 2 discs like that. Star Ocean made you switch to a second disc in 4, but you never had to go back to disk 1 (if I remember right) since you still could revisit all the old locations on Disc 2.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
1) Why do people have such a raging boner for Medusa Heads? They're an annoying as hell enemy, and I can't imagine them being done even remotely well in 3D. It's almost like if LoS2 has more Cv elements than the previous one, but doesn't have medusa heads, half the people on this forum will flip out and say it sucks and isn't Cv enough for that sole reason. Just let them go already, Cv is more than just medusa heads.

2) I'm obviously REALLY stoked for this. If LoS2 actually comes out this year (even if by next Christmas) that would be awesome!!

3) The 2 disc thing is annoying for when going back to previous areas, but that's the price of having a 360, unless they allow for loading of one of the discs to the HDD. Even so, it won't effect my opinion of the game (360 owner)

4) Even though I'd love another Belmont-like character, I doubt that will happen unless it's done as a quasi intro/backstory to what took place between Gabe becoming Dracula and Gabe in the Epilogue. If so, it would probably only the first stage, with possibly the possibility to play as the Belmont character throughout the regular game after having beaten it as Gabula. I say this because Cox mentioned that he always wanted to make a game staring Alucard. But since that would be lame in this story line, that means the next best thing is just playing as Gabula with reduced powers (which appears to be his current state in the Epilogue), thus making him play like Alucard in spirit. Point being, LoS1 was the Belmont-like game, with LoS2 being the Alucard-like game.

5) I don't think the haters need worry about the enemy roster this time around. Game will probably take place in the Castle, so plenty of classic Cv enemies will be present (as long as they can be made to work well in 3D)

6) While I actually loved the music in LoS, I am hoping more of the classic Cv tunes in orchestrated form.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:58:01 AM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
1) Why do people have such a raging boner for Medusa Heads? They're an annoying as hell enemy, and I can't imagine them being done even remotely well in 3D. It's almost like if LoS2 has more Cv elements than the previous one, but doesn't have medusa heads, half the people on this forum will flip out and say it sucks and isn't Cv enough for that sole reason. Just let them go already, Cv is more than just medusa heads.

No, no...I just used them as an example...first enemy that popped in my head that every CV has and LoS lacked. Jeez.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
No, no...I just used them as an example...first enemy that popped in my head that every CV has and LoS lacked. Jeez.

Not picking on you inparticular, just that I've seen a lot of people mention that particular enemy.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Hey...I just thought of something. Even though everything seems to point to Gabe being the protagonist of LoS2, what if they had the player alternate between playing as Gabe and playing as a Belmont throughout the game? Or even choosing between the two at the beginning of the game? Not saying that would happen (and I'm definitely not saying a Belmont will even be in this game at all), but I think that would be potentially cool if they did that. Especially if it dictated what the endgame fight would be...Belmont vs. Dracula, Dracula vs. Satan, or even playing as Gabe against a Belmont.

I dunno...I'd love to see it play out in three different factions like that, although I still really don't like the inclusion of Satan at all.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:39:28 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Meh. I'll just wait for the next handheld CV.

..Wasn't MecurySteam working on a CV prototype for 3DS?

You can't get away from them. I have a feeling they're the main developers now.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
All we know is that they were really interested in the system. But there is certainly a possibility that you're right. 

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Bah! Cox has both hinted at a sequel and at the same time said that it remains to be seen whether they will actually get to finish their little perversion of Castlevanias mythology, he's probably just trying to build up enough hype to convince Konami to let him release a sequel that has even less in common with Castlevania than their first game.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:56:52 AM by C Belmont »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
..Wasn't MecurySteam working on a CV prototype for 3DS?

You can't get away from them. I have a feeling they're the main developers now.

If it's a 3D game it'd be much better on 360/PS3.

If it's on the other hand a 2.5D game, oh muh gah that'd be amazing and perhaps tipping my scale in favor of getting a 3DS.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:44:02 AM by Munchy »

Tags: