Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 199662 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #420 on: March 27, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
THIS IS NOW A BATMAN THREAD

Batman And Robin The Movie shortened

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #421 on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »
By the way, anyone else notice that the ending of the series "Epilogue" mirrors the very first episode of Batman:The Animated Series "On Leather Wings?"

In the beginning there's a close-up of the sky above Gotham City with the police blimps floating, then one of the operators tells his comrade "did you see that?" when a figure flies right over them.

In the end of "Epilogue" after Terry accepts his destiny, the screen pans out over Gotham City again, with police hover cars flying overhead. Batman flies right over them & they say "did you see that?" Thus, the DCAU coming full circle.

EPIC

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
You know what's one of the many, many things that would have made LoS better? A minigame where you could torture a Chupacapra. They could have really put those QTEs and gore to good use  :'(

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Imagine if the next Lords starred you as Dracula.

And it still had the Chupacabra parts.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #424 on: March 27, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
By the way, anyone else notice that the ending of the series "Epilogue" mirrors the very first episode of Batman:The Animated Series "On Leather Wings?"

In the beginning there's a close-up of the sky above Gotham City with the police blimps floating, then one of the operators tells his comrade "did you see that?" when a figure flies right over them.

In the end of "Epilogue" after Terry accepts his destiny, the screen pans out over Gotham City again, with police hover cars flying overhead. Batman flies right over them & they say "did you see that?" Thus, the DCAU coming full circle.

EPIC

Yeah that's kinda what I was referring to when I mentioned it started with bats and ends with bats.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nycterida

• Awards

Good to see some love for Bats in this forum, even a few people that like the Burton films.. :)

On the main topic, can't wait for the LoS sequel.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #426 on: March 27, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
Cause batman i the most awesome thing coming from a humand mind, that's why.

Feel Batsy? Come to the new thread  ;)
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4728.msg98462.html#new

On topic, I can't wait either lol
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:32:10 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Soulsteal

• I like CV2, Got a problem with that?
  • Its CV1 only SUPER CHARGE IT!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
[LIKE GOD OF WAR BUT]
stamp on you?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well we are a forum that likes Castlevania. Hard to not like BATman
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
[LIKE GOD OF WAR BUT]
stamp on you?

^
Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with games that are similar to other games?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Depends on what kind of similar. A cut-paste job isn't particularly pleasing. Inspired by and/or of the same genre is a different story.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Depends on what kind of similar. A cut-paste job isn't particularly pleasing. Inspired by and/or of the same genre is a different story.

My thoughts exactly. I like similarities on games and not replicas.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I never considered LoS to be a rip off of GoW. In fact, I recall many folks considering LoS superior in combat to GoW.

I mean Theres no way you can call LoS a replica of GoW and not apply the same thing to Symphony of the Night and Super Metroid.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with games that are similar to other games?
When they forsake what they are to become another game, I have a problem. Though, I'm not particularly talking about LoS. An example I might give(be as far-fetched as it sounds) would be if the Final Fantasy series suddenly became like Gears of War(Third-person shooter, heavy sci-fi, grounded setting with main characters that are bulked up with necks like tree trunks). Just for the sake of tapping into that "genre's" fanbase. That's what I have a problem with. If it's a game that JUST happens to be somewhat similar, only by the fact that it's a real-time action adventure where one character fights monsters, I don't have a problem.

I've always had a problem with things(persons or things) that try to appeal to a different genre out of the need to stay relevant or for financial purposes. Imagine, if before Johnny Cash died, he did a hip hop album with Snoop Dogg? Imagine if Super Mario underwent the "realism" trend you see being fapped over nowadays, and they exorcise every bit of whimsey from the series just so it could be grounded in reality?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:52:47 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I think in case of LOS it was desire to stay relevant (making money) and attempt to shake off dark shadow of the "metroidvania" formula.
Both things were needed to be done to series survival in the long run. Another "metroidvania" most likely would have ended up as even more niche title than previous games (if it wasn't something spectacular like SOTN and I doubt IGA / Konami could pull it off) and going that road, would eventually lead to the series obscurity and slow demise.
Though, I guess some people prefered for Castlevania to die rather than change. But happily not everyone have such...interesting...mindset.

Tags: