Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 199664 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Gabriel takes over Camilla's castle, finds Joachim in the basement, and proceeds to beat him to a pulp. Because he's just that baaaaad. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Cox is in the land of Dracul, say's we well know why he's in a few days.

https://twitter.com/#!/CastlevaniaLOS/status/186788518977220608

An official LOS2 announcement imminent?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:50:03 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

I'm getting tired now  :-\

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2012/04/02/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-sequel-announcement-incoming/

On other topic, I'm interested what MS could do with a different time period. The medieval setting is a little tired in Cv, how would they manage, for examle, a renassaince Castlevania? I hope they venture in unexplored settings and mix some things to make the story more interesting.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:34:43 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Saint Germain and other chronomages seem rather...odd for the series. Not even in the original series were they given detail and understanding. Maybe the biggest role such people had was with Judgment.

Well, it does make sense on the fact with in the original lore... Why are the Belmont's able to control time via the stop watch? It's obvious in a nerdy kinda sense to have like la 'Time Cops' in a sense due to this. Lords of Shadow would/could make an idea with this. But for how the game played out, it may not even be needed, so who knows?

1. Ultimate Shadow: If you paid attention to the actual animation of Gabriel swinging his whip, take notice to how everything slows down around you, upon hitting an enemy you in fact stop time for 3 seconds (this is NOT a bug.) This is in fact the Stop Watch, just not how we have seen it in the original series.

2. Time Machine, which is used to go back in time to open up the forgotten...

Makes sense to have "Chronomages/Time Lords/Cops" if you ask me. (:

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
On other topic, I'm interested what MS could do with a different time period. The medieval setting is a little tired in Cv, how would they manage, for examle, a renassaince Castlevania? I hope they venture in unexplored settings and mix some things to make the story more interesting.
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't want a Renassaince CV. That period was too close to the Medieval period. I'd be more interested in something taking place from th 1600s-1800s(or maybe even earyl 1900s).

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
There never has been much distinguishment between time periods other than the way people dress I guess. So it doesn't really matter in which year it takes place in.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:44:57 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
There never has been much distinguishment between time periods other than the way people dress I guess. So it doesn't really matter in which year it takes place is.
That's why I got to that point, that would be a refreshing, good change to the series that this reboot could bring, time aweareness and story progression based on the time period it takes plce along with different atmosphere of course, it could be very very interesting, think Assassins creed.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Sooo...I guess an announcement sometime this week then.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Sooo...I guess an announcement sometime this week then.

One can hope, it could be nothing for all we know.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

now we'll never know what Galamoth would've looked like in Judgment 2

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

now we'll never know what Galamoth would've looked like in Judgment 2
Oh my heart is soooooo broken

:P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
That's why I got to that point, that would be a refreshing, good change to the series that this reboot could bring, time aweareness and story progression based on the time period it takes plce along with different atmosphere of course, it could be very very interesting, think Assassins creed.

The only thing is, LoS has already thrown most of historical accuracy out of the window. I'm not faulting it for this btw, it'd be silly to as all other Castlevanias do this. But it'd be odd if suddenly the sequels were super accurate to the time and country setting.

I do agree that some historical basis would really help bring the LoS verse more in line with the other games, which played around with historical events. (Does anyone else think that a Bloodlines-era LoS would be weirdly awesome?)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:06:53 PM by Munchy »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Well, it does make sense on the fact with in the original lore... Why are the Belmont's able to control time via the stop watch? It's obvious in a nerdy kinda sense to have like la 'Time Cops' in a sense due to this. Lords of Shadow would/could make an idea with this. But for how the game played out, it may not even be needed, so who knows?

1. Ultimate Shadow: If you paid attention to the actual animation of Gabriel swinging his whip, take notice to how everything slows down around you, upon hitting an enemy you in fact stop time for 3 seconds (this is NOT a bug.) This is in fact the Stop Watch, just not how we have seen it in the original series.

2. Time Machine, which is used to go back in time to open up the forgotten...

Makes sense to have "Chronomages/Time Lords/Cops" if you ask me. (:

I still think the Ultimate Shadow = stopwatch is just grasping for straws, since whenever you hit en enemy, particularly with a heavy combo hit, there is a slowdown to make the hit feel heavier.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I think this explanation about Stopwatch and Chronomages is grasping at straws.
Stopwatch is just a game mechanic that doesn't need an explanation.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
** checks for an announcement for Lords of Shadow sequel, finds none, is sad **

Tags:

anything