Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I want to know why is  (Read 41103 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »
 I think I got most of that yet I cannot for the life of me type that out dang it. Key words are the secret  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 02:54:48 AM »
I now wish i could get to learn some Spanish, but, i do spot some keywords i understand.  ;D

I remember when Cox said forget everything you know about castlevania.

Thus he should make a new game instead of piggybacking on the Castlevania name.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 03:12:58 AM »
I now wish i could get to learn some Spanish, but, i do spot some keywords i understand.  ;D

Google Translate is decent with Spanish to English; it's good enough that you'd be able to get the gist of what's being said, anyway.

Thus he should make a new game instead of piggybacking on the Castlevania name.

Agreed.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 03:56:39 AM »
Google Translate is decent with Spanish to English; it's good enough that you'd be able to get the gist of what's being said, anyway.

Thanks for the info.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:37 AM »
You just need to try and appreciate where other people are coming from, señor Steampunk.  I think respect is due to you for opening the post in the way you have because you genuinely don’t get it.  I don’t think you are trying to troll anyone, haha.

Dave Cox as producer has come off as a bit arrogant at times, sending out conflicting messages about the games, marketing with a lot of hyperbole and comparison to old games (but that’s how it works! ;).  In his first interview on the Chapel he said, “some of you will not like what we are doing and I make no apologies for that.”

There’s no question he was going to stand on some toes.  IGA, Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane fade from the Castlevania scene and you have a man who is very focussed and almost bullish with regards to new direction.  I guess in the same way that you can’t understand the level of hate, Dave Cox was anticipating it, and some sort of backlash.

I kind of take the view that he was somewhat between a rock and a hard place, given the drive to make the game more mainstream and in some ways he was taking no prisoners.  IGA was entrenched in the series, the Castleroid games were cartoonish, reaching a niche market, the 3D efforts weren’t brilliant.  Konami and Cox were going to try and change this.

At this point I’d say there’s kind of this “fans don’t like change” thing being bandied about if you’re seen as “anti-Lords”, but at the same time those same people are advocating “it does feel like Castlevania”.  Well, which is it?

Since the very beginning we’ve had this damned question of whether we’re forgetting everything we know about Castlevania, whether we’re remembering parts of certain games like Castlevania IV, or whether it is very much like the old classicvanias.

IMO, where Lords’ was concerned it was any one of the above.  Any person can cherry-pick any number of Lords of Shadow pros/cons to put over their argument over whether it is or is not a Castlevania game.  I happen to think it does enough in relation to the lone Belmont figure fighting hordes, but am I going to try and influence someone who thinks the opposite?  There’s no way.  The story, enemies, some of the locations and gameplay elements are a simple counter-argument.  And that’s more than fair.

So overall I think you need to see the reasoning on either side of the argument as to whether it’s loved or hated, and appreciate the reasoning on both those sides.  There are some really good comments here and there that look at the finer details on the gameplay elements like platforming, combat, QTE, shimmying.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 05:41:41 AM »
There are some really good comments here and there that look at the finer details on the gameplay elements like platforming, combat, QTE, shimmying.

Don't forget butt-wiggling.

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
April 12, 2013, 01:27:23 PM - Hidden.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
+1

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »
and they were harshing Spain again, the people need to see Japan is not country to make good game of horror, one people sayed cox is not from japan or usa what he cant make good castlevanias, is so wrong that.

Now you're being deliberately obnoxious, language-barrier or not.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »
this to one write thing of page 3: and they were harshing Spain again, the people need to see Japan is not country to make good game of horror, one people sayed cox is not from japan or usa what he cant make good castlevanias, is so wrong that.

Can someone who speaks Spanish please translate what I ACTUALLY said which was:

"Japan ALSO has a long tradition of horror; many good horror books, movies, and games have come out of Japan, and the same thing could be said about Spain and other countries.  That does not mean that every horror-like game or movie or book that comes from Japan and Spain is good and that people who don't like a game or movie or book that comes from one of those countries are bigoted nationalists who can't be understood."

"I don't look at Van Helsing and go "That's what Castlevania MUST be!"  The only thing Castlevania 'must' be is Castlevania, not a Spanish/American/whatever horror movie made into a video game.  If someone wants a game like Lords of Shadow, that is fine, but don't expect anyone else to like that it's pushed as a Castlevania game."

I AM Spanish on my father's side!  How could I hate Spain?!

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of what you said. You've made it clear that you're not worth talking to.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »
He clearly understand what we said, since they said it correctly in spanish. He is simply ignoring our words like a brainwashed slave from nazi.

*equips Holy Glasses*

Im seeing a green orb with mercury steam logo floating near him.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:17:15 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »
Okay. I've had enough.

Steampunk, I will say this as nicely as I can: Leave.

Leave before you continue to dig yourself in a hole. You wish to continuously tell us how we should think and that Cox is a god amongst men in terms of making a Castlevania game, then you can go right on ahead doing that. Just don't do it here. That kind of attitude is what brings this fandom down and causes in-fighting amongst us that we simply do not need any more of. I would say the same of anyone who puts Igarashi on a pedestal to worship like he's god's gift to the series.

Castlevania is a collaboration between so many people across over 25 years of rich history. Even games that get hated on like Lords of Shadow and Judgment have a place in them....but they are in no small means the end-all-be-all of the series, nor is any other singular game. For you to continuously ignore what we are trying very hard to get across to you signifies your blind devotion to Dave Cox.

The game is Spanish-made. You're Spanish. We get it. You have love of your countrymen and the culture.

That doesn't mean you should force it upon us. Which you have tried, in pretty much ever single thread you've posted in since you joined. And if you continue to, you will be considered nothing but an ignorant troll. You are you're own worst enemy and doing yourself no favors.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:47:42 PM by Sindra »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »
But Cox-kun isn't Spanish, he's British, and that is 1000 times worse.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »
But I guess I shouldn't poke fun at him because he was born with that disability.

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »
they sayed to me the first day on the forum too, i am not the troll, i am very man. i just intent to the other peoples to see how i see, the graphic and music of the mercurysteam is no deny they are the best because tecnology is best now what in the past games.
i writed with not the rude that anoyed many people other time, and i still anoy but i don't insult or be the rude, the any thing i want is talk with other fans of lords of shadows and intent to fans of other castlevanias to like lords of shadows.
other peoples ruined me in other forums because i only writed the things i see and i think, and they insult, now when i am believe that many peoples is understand, again people is anoyed.
i like cox games because i see them the best, is not because he is spanish, but mercurysteam is spanish and that helps to make the best games, is what i see and i can't see other way.
and i don't know why, still, the many people dont see lords of shadows to be equal to old castlevanias but with esplendid graphics and music.
i need answer i dont need ruding.

Tags:

anything