Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami is already thinking about the next Castlevania game  (Read 26041 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Konami is already thinking about the next Castlevania game
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »
+1
Bergaron is legit. I've known him for a long time

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 12:25:03 PM »
+1
Here is your answer:http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6228.0.html

Sorry but I read all posts and still doesnt seen what type of connection it has with my question, but thanks for atleast trying :(

Im asking why the name of this thread is "Hardcore Gaming 101", I like to know the roots/origins of things, but it seems that instead you gave me information about castlevania future. xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »
+1
Someone can explain me more about this Hardcore Gaming 101 thing? I only know that we have a board with this name and that maybe another site has a section named this way too. 101 was meant to be a l33t "LOL"?

Hardcore Gaming 101 (the number signifying a basic introduction to the subject) is two things of significance. A sub-forum here for separate non-Castlevania gaming discussion is one. The other is the actual website dedicated to in-depth information and reviews of a large collection of oldschool games and series called http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/, which is run by the creator and former administrator of the Castlevania Dungeon - Kurt Kalata. (which also has it's own forum)

I hope that answers the question.

As for the topic at hand, I find it not only interesting that Cox would talk openly about Konami's already in-the-works future plans for the series before his own game is even out, but that he even slags on his own game a bit before its release. It simply reenforces my opinion that Dave Cox knows jack shit about how to market his own projects.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »
+1
Actually his decalarations about Iga made me respect Cox more. He's not as arrogant as we thought.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
+2
Hardcore Gaming 101 (the number signifying a basic introduction to the subject) is two things of significance. A sub-forum here for separate non-Castlevania gaming discussion is one. The other is the actual website dedicated to in-depth information and reviews of a large collection of oldschool games and series called http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/, which is run by the creator and former administrator of the Castlevania Dungeon - Kurt Kalata. (which also has it's own forum)

I hope that answers the question.

Thanks, I didnt know that this site have a so significative bond with this forum.

Actually his decalarations about Iga made me respect Cox more. He's not as arrogant as we thought.

That... or he is one of these type of people that acts all over confident and arrogant when is winning and then try to act like a humble guy when he notices he's losing only to gain some points and repeat this cycle endlesly until he dies or learn to stop acting like that (repeating it atleast 2 times is necessary for that). But I can be wrong.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »
+1
I'm not talking about game play, but sprites.

MoF has no sprites. It is fully rendered in 3D with 2D game play.

2.5D used to mean a 3D game with 2D graphics, I believe. Like Original Doom and Original Wolfenstein.

You sir, are correct. Then later on when 3D games with 2D game play were made they were also called 2.5D.

Can have 2D sprites in 2.5D. Hell could even have 3D sprites in 2D; that's what T&C2, DKC, and the Strike series were.

2.5D is 3D graphics with 2D game play. There's no such thing as 3D "sprites" only 3D models and more often than not the 2D sprites in some 2.5D games are actually textures on a flat model rather than actual sprites. T&C2, DKC and the strike Games are all pure 2D games. The graphics are just prerendered in 3D and converted into sprites. A 2.5D game with 2D sprites on 3D background is Strider 2. Games with 3D models on a 2D background are Resident Evil 1 - 3 and Final Fantasy VII - IX (except the world map, of course). In reality RE & FF just have the 3D backgrounds invisible they are still there, though. It was a common technique on the PSX to have 3D game play without having to spend the time, money and system memory on fully rendered environments.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:10:58 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:54 AM »
+1
MoF has no sprites. It is fully rendered in 3D with 2D game play.

That's why i see it as it is and not a 2D, because while it plays 2D game play, graphics are 3D.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2013, 07:01:40 AM »
+2
"Sidescroller" is a great term. :P

2D Sidescroller = Castlevania (NES)
3D Sidescroller = MegaMan Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 12:49:48 PM »
+1
I see it more like that. Mirror of Fate was a disappointment for both sides of the fanbase and now he wants to gain some points in order to sell a little more copies of LoS 2, which he knows it has its share of flaws, so he is saying it first so that people isn't so surprised and don't complain so much.
At least that's how I see it.

After 5 years of arrogance, what he claimed about Iga, if anything, make me disrespect him a little less, nothing more.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
+1
He can never win, can he? Cynicsm is feeding on us lately.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
+1
He can never win, can he? Cynicsm is feeding on us lately.
I'm not being cynic, I'm just expressing what I think.
I've had to read so many things about Iga (way worse than the way I express about Cox), even when he's been out of Castlevania for 5 years now, and I don't say anything because it's just people expressing his opinions.
I'm not insulting Cox.

It's way too late for him to win.

Also, please note that I'm not saying similar things about other people involved in the LoS saga (lik Alvarez or Marquez), and that I've repeatedly expressed how I like some stages, the DLC's of LoS 1, especially Reverie, some MoF backgrounds, Gabriel, Trevor, Carmilla, Laura, Zobek, the stories of both games, especially MoF...

It's always about Cox because of his attitude (not one time, but for 5 years, even against a lot of fans), and about Araujo, because his music completely ruined what could have been otherwise an interesting different take on Castlevania for me.
Because in the end, I know that if the music had been right I would have forgiven everything else I didn't quite like.

Anyway, thanks for telling me that something I'm doing is bugging you. And I'm not being ironic, I'm being sincere.
That's the way of getting along well and improve our ways of posting.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
+3
Cox blocked Nagumo in Twitter when she was simply kidding, with that (and his attitudes until now) we can imagine how many fans he treated bad.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »
+2
Cox blocked Nagumo in Twitter when she was simply kidding, with that (and his attitudes until now) we can imagine how many fans he treated bad.

In his defense, Twitter is an incredibly easy avenue for people to take random and not always warranted pot shots all the time, especially when they can do it at a whim and not give themselves any time to think about what they're saying. I'm sure Cox gets sick of hearing many of the same complaints over and over again, even if some of those are criticisms I agree with.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »
+4
I just feel Cox needs to learn humility. Bad habits aside, that's what I liked about IGA. He gets shitted on a lot, but he seems like a decent human being to me and is as much of a fan as the rest of us.

Skip to 1:00 to see what I'm talking about

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Koji Igarashi Interview

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
+1
"Please buy my game so I can retire"  is a classic  :P

Tags:

anything