Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.  (Read 96004 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 12:21:34 PM »
Yeah, if a this is real the trademark is most likely already filed. There is usually some time between it being filed and it being published, though. I guess that's a measure against information about it leaking.   

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
http://gameotakublog.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/leaked-nintendo-digital-event-2014/

There's that other list I was talking about.  It focuses on what the E3 Nintendo Direct will showcase.  No Castlevania, but then again, no Sonic Boom (which we know will be at E3, if not Nintendo's Direct) or other 3rd Party. 

Oddly...it does match up with the list of games that will be show floor demoed.  Even the description of the Zelda game sounds like it could match the game's supposed title. And the Xeno game is still there, just as Xeno World instead.

All rumor naturally, but make of it as you wish.  I'm still holding my breath until I get more proof.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »
+5
Just give us Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse and be fucking done with it already.

It's like they hate my money.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »
Just give us Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse and be fucking done with it already.

`Nuff said 8). I still wait for the independent project of that game. Is it finished?
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »
Exciting potential here. The Zelda game sounds like it might nail the right balance. I'd prefer a sprawling Classicvania, but even if it turns out to be real and a Metroidvania, Symphony of the Night 2 could just be a codename. We've had stranger things happen. Contra 3DS was announced in print as a real game, even in Nintendo Power, but it never came out. So this could be the opposite. A working title that comes true. Here's hoping on all fronts.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »
Hey!!! Maybe if it's legit, it could mention why the Belmonts could use the whip until 1999. I mean it's shown in PoR that Richter was the last true belmont to wield the whip via the whip's memory you have to fight to unlock the whip's full power. It would be nice to have that explanation. Or, dare I say it. Could it be the 1999 battle? Not likely.

We still don't know if this list is legit yet. Just my thoughts.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2014, 08:10:34 PM »
If this is true, which I don't believe it is really, them for sure it'll be a metroidvania, no doubt.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »
+2
I would be disappointed if it would be exactly like the DS and GBA games again. Now would be the perfect time to think of a new gameplay system. Personally, I hope they retain the RPG elements. Assuming, of course, this is actually going to happen.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:44:48 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2014, 02:31:53 AM »
+2
While i would like to see another Castlevania game, i would prefer to be for a home console and not a handheld console, specialy if it's like the rumor of the sequel to SotN. Also i can't stop but feel, like this is a way from Konami to mock Iga if this is real.

Konami: So you thought that you will quit from us and go and do your own Castlevania like 2D games? Take that Iga
(click to show/hide)

Iga: What?

Konami: So now what, are you gonna cry, beacause we have stealed your little baby?

Iga: Ah...sarcasm. 'For what profit is it to a company if it gains some people, and loses its respect towards its fans'?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2014, 04:19:05 AM »
I would be disappointed if it would be exactly like the DS and GBA games again. Now would be the perfect time to think of a new gameplay system. Personally, I hope they retain the RPG elements. Assuming, of course, this is actually going to happen.

This is one of the reasons I adore Aria/Dawn of Sorrow so much as a game.  It's one of the Metroidvania's I not only replay on a regular basis, bit that I actively try to do/collect everything in.  It's just that fun and feels different from the other titles.

I'm on Aria now on my play through and your thoughts ran through my mind.  I hope they don't just depend on the name and nostalgia to sell the game if it is a direct sequel.

While i would like to see another Castlevania game, i would prefer to be for a home console and not a handheld console, specialy if it's like the rumor of the sequel to SotN. Also i can't stop but feel, like this is a way from Konami to mock Iga if this is real.

Konami: So you thought that you will quit from us and go and do your own Castlevania like 2D games? Take that Iga
(click to show/hide)

Iga: What?

Konami: So now what, are you gonna cry, beacause we have stealed your little baby?

Iga: Ah...sarcasm. 'For what profit is it to a company if it gains some people, and loses its respect towards its fans'?

If the game is real, this isn't far fetched.  They may have noticed there is still interest from fans in Metroidvania, who knows, maybe they sold better in Japan (I know Dawn did gangbusters over there at least), and decided to go back that route.

If they've been working on it for a while though ( enough that a demo is ready to play on the showroom floor) however, I think it was more or less they just didn't want IGA on the project and either flat out lied to him about the game, he's under contract and has to lie about knowledge of the game but left because he couldn't work on it.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2014, 04:54:37 AM »
+1

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2014, 06:38:03 AM »
Hoax, rumor, I personally hope it stays like that.
Since los2 has not yet been released in Japan, i don't think they'll start spreading rumors about sotn2. Or has Konami accepted defeat on los2 and hope to bring back the fans through this?
This to me seems like a joke gone bad. It's too early or late for April fools.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2014, 07:50:42 AM »

This. Seriously, they're nearly on the same path as Capcom now.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »
+1
I remember IGA saying like in 2005 he thought about giving CVIII the chronicles treatment but never got around to doing it.

Now it's gone, like tears in the rain~

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2014, 08:13:55 AM »
Damn, if IGA thinks it's fake then it probably is. I doubt he wasn't aware of it before he left Konami.

Tags:

anything