Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.  (Read 95969 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
+1
It's funny. I haven't been on this forum in some time, I haven't had much interest in the series or video games in months (had a baby, life gets busy) and I have yet to even purchase LOS2, let alone play even the demo, but this might be what gets me back into it. Really hoping this is true
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
Exactly like me, I've seen this by accident since I dont search for news at all, maybe only one time a week and very poorly.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
Oh...kay.... So, IGA's curious too. Or is it that he's gonna launch his new game under the working title 月下2.
Anyway, back at the leak sheet. Why is there no Assassin's Creed Unity?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
I was going to post about it but it seem that Im late. It seems to be somewhat real. Why? Because its popping everywhere with everyone acting like "I got this info, but I cant say who gave it to me", its common to act like that if you were the first to spread the news, but it seems that the trend is continuing and people in more than a place is acting a bit secretive.

People are riding on the E3 hype train. They want to be the "first" so they get all of that reputation. There would have to be much more than that for it to have any credence. In fact, you can find a good number of holes in it, such as the Xenogears name and the omission of other titles.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »
I was going to post about it but it seem that Im late. It seems to be somewhat real. Why? Because its popping everywhere with everyone acting like "I got this info, but I cant say who gave it to me", its common to act like that if you were the first to spread the news, but it seems that the trend is continuing and people in more than a place is acting a bit secretive.

Well, in my case there is not much to tell. I got this from no "public" place. It was directly addressed inbox to me, not by name, but personally, like... The person was talking to me, and then they were gone. They only told me something to the effect of "Look at this *attached picture*" then I looked and said "Where did you get this?", "Do not ask", "It can be fake", "It's not" then I asked who they were and no answer. I repeated the questions and no answer, not even "Message seen xx:xx". The profile for the person is gone today from facebook, but I looked at it. No profile picture, no friends, no nothing. The name was a group of consonants with no apparent meaning, and the person communicated with me in english, and not in portuguese.

It appeared today on the inbox from a facebook page I am admin, from a common person, who said they got it from a brazilian blog. They gave me the link, but still, it said nothing about the veracity of the image.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »
If only it were true....

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 11:16:05 PM »
I don't really think they'd do it, create a sequel-reference inside another continuity. It'd be just ridiculously dumb. But then again, they agreed in making Trevor into Alucard, so they might not know what "dumb" means.

I don't think they'd really do it, either...that was more of a jab at the ineptitude and desperation of Konami than anything else.

And about being pessimistic, I'm not pessimistic about Castlevania only. This whole document puts me in a foul mood. So many promises toying with our hearts. I also don't think Konami would birth another Castlevania in such a short time after LoS2 release.

That last line I included about being pessimistic was in reference to my own comment.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 04:23:30 AM »
+2
In all fairness IGA had already desecrated CV's tomb with shoehorned stories, massive plotholes and almost anyone being able to kill Dracula.

because these things did not exist before he became producer, right? It's not like KCEK started the trend with non-Belmonts killing Dracula (Nathan Graves et al), convoluted stories (Bloodlines making Bram Stoker's Dracula canon, Castlevania II igorning the 100 years rule its immediate predecessor set into place, Vampire Killer saying it took place in the 11th century with every other game saying it took place in the late 1600s), or the convoluted plotline with Simon Belmont (he killed Dracula because it was his destiny! No wait, it was to save his wife! no wait, it was destiny after all!)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 05:20:10 AM »
Yo guys, been a year since I posted here.

last night I was reading gaming news and everyone was talking about a chart containing so many interesting names that caught my attention, like Castlevania symphony of the night 2 which is a very dumb name to use for a SOTN sequel, but I don't really mind as long as it's a good game. anyways few hours ago Koji Igarashi posted a very interesting quote on his facebook wall saying : E3なのかな?
3DSで月下2が発表されると言う情報が!
ちょっと楽しみかも〜

Here's a translation : at E3 maybe? I acquired the information that an announcement probably had the 3DS Nocturne in the Moonlight 2! I may be looking forward to it a little.

I don't know if the SOTN 2 rumor has anything connected with IGA's plan. with him leaving Konami I kinda doubt that he has anything to do Castlevania

I'm just confused :S share your thoughts !
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:05:38 PM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
Does anyone remember how LoS1 also first appeared on some kind of list?

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,2165.0.html

I don't remember if people were saying the list was fake or not.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2014, 06:56:19 AM »
Does anyone remember how LoS1 also first appeared on some kind of list?

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,2165.0.html

I don't remember if people were saying the list was fake or not.

There was a magazine that had a silhouette of Gabriel 3 weeks prior to E3, then a mysterious "Mask" webpage showed up that linked right to the teaser site for Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Then a couple days before E3 started, a list of Konami's lineup leaked and had Metal Gear Solid Rising (before Revengance) Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Castlevania Lords of Shadow. And that's how everything came together.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2014, 07:13:31 AM »
Honestly, whether it's a sequel to SOTN or not, I just want another Castlevania game.  Doesn't have to be Meteoidvania either.  It could Classic or something completely new...just Castlevania.

Not sure what to make of the list: already seen another one for Nintendo that sounds far more accurate. (With a Star Fox reboot as the big surprise and all the games missing from this list that were announced on it.  It was also more Wii U heavy, something Nintendo mentioned as a possibility for this E3.  However, all the games on the list were Nintendo first party save Sonic Boom, so Castlevania could be a possibility, maybe just not an exclusive...I'm being hopeful, lol.). I would rather see a leak for Konami's lineup or something to that degree.

I just want a Castlevania game announcement. I'm current replaying the entire series now (on COTM...such an under appreciated game...) and would love to have something new to look forward to.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2014, 07:23:01 AM »
You know what? We'll see.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2014, 08:37:27 AM »
Ask yourselves this:

Would you embrace a revamped Al who is bald and yields a whip?

Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »
Well, in my case there is not much to tell. I got this from no "public" place. It was directly addressed inbox to me, not by name, but personally, like... The person was talking to me, and then they were gone. They only told me something to the effect of "Look at this *attached picture*" then I looked and said "Where did you get this?", "Do not ask", "It can be fake", "It's not" then I asked who they were and no answer. I repeated the questions and no answer, not even "Message seen xx:xx". The profile for the person is gone today from facebook, but I looked at it. No profile picture, no friends, no nothing. The name was a group of consonants with no apparent meaning, and the person communicated with me in english, and not in portuguese.

It appeared today on the inbox from a facebook page I am admin, from a common person, who said they got it from a brazilian blog. They gave me the link, but still, it said nothing about the veracity of the image.

Thanks for that last phrase, its even more fishy, if you are from Brazil too. Im from Brazil too and have seen this on some sites, but why spread it here first?

About these omissions, not wrong with them, since they could be announced later or even be shown in another stand different from the these big 3.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything