Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 92376 times)

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:06 PM »
Did you just say Lego?! Hell yeah, bring it on! Camp is good.  ;D

I agree with both of you on this one. Everything really would be awesome lol.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »
I really wish they'd give it a try!  While I've heard about the many Lego games from a plethora of sources, they all had tons of positive stuff to say about them!  I realize that we're quite a picky crowd, but somehow it feels like it would just work...like it would just fit!  I think they could even make it work well to have some of both play-styles -- Classic- and Metroid- vania style play.  And it's already satisfying to see skeletons explode into pieces...now it can be even more entertaining!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2015, 12:56:10 AM »
I would assure you Castlevania would be perfect for the Lego style gameplay.
I have played 2 Lego games (LOTR and Marvel) and all I can say is. "Everything is awesome!" and "Smash all the Legos!"
They are easy to play but there are loads of collectibles in each stage that would require several playthroughs just to collect them all.
I would buy more of these Lego games once prices start dropping.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:59:32 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
Heads up, guys. I was creeping  :P on the Enric Twitter page, and these two caught my attention. They should catch yours as well.

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »
If only MS kicked out Enric after he butchered LoS2... Anyway, if they give us a nice LoS3, I would be happy.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2015, 01:01:19 PM »
If only MS kicked out Enric after he butchered LoS2... Anyway, if they give us a nice LoS3, I would be happy.

The first LoS was bad

Just give us 1999

or Dracula's big comeback in 3068, where he ends up killing Alexander Belmont, and he takes over the world, and Dracula ends up killing himself because Alucard fights him and tells hime what happened with Lisa because he was resurrected prematurely between SOTN and LoD but thats a different game with a bunch of run on sentances
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2015, 01:48:09 PM »
Since every single company has been riding on the remaster bandwagon, it makes total sense that It's most likely gonna end up being Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Remastered (or Revamped for maximum pun) collection for the X1, PS4 and PC.

Just give us 1999

Practically everyone involved with crafting the 1999 story is long gone. Like the 90's themselves, 1999 is over, that ball dropped 16 years ago. The best hope you could ask for is fan made game but good luck to whoever decides to do that before Konami comes in with a C&D letter.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:11:00 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. applied to the Japanese Patent Office for a trademark of Lords of Shadow on December 19, 2014.
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/558874350255095808

Lords of Shadow 2 Japanese version was sold on September 4, 2014. It may be one by which this trademark application means a new game.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2015, 02:29:19 AM »
+1
It may be one by which this trademark application means a new game.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2015, 02:48:43 AM »
They cannot be serious. Another LoS?

I want everything called Lords of Shadow to go away already. It's not funny anymore. You've had three games, please don't make a FOURTH one...  :'(

I hope it turns out to be a false rumour, but if not... Well, thank God for other games/franchises. 2015 is gonna be sweet regardless.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2015, 03:02:20 AM »
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. applied to the Japanese Patent Office for a trademark of Lords of Shadow on December 19, 2014.

Oh boy, here we go again.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »
+2

Lords of Shadow 2 Japanese version was sold on September 4, 2014. It may be one by which this trademark application means a new game.

Come on down folks and place ya bets!

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Remastered collection or Lords of Shadow 3?

Either way whatever wins we lose!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2015, 03:56:23 AM »
Either way whatever wins we lose!
I think we have better chances to be pleased with a new game than a PS4/XBO port. The chances are small, but new content > remaster.

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2015, 04:01:51 AM »
Reposting my quote:

Sounds like it will be going to be the similar case as Transformers, the japanese love the american take on their japanese toyline Diaclone so they also use the Transformer brand as well as making their own sequels of G1 cartoon series and completely abandoned the Diaclone brand.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2015, 04:42:01 AM »
I'm betting on an HD "collection" that only has LoS 1 & 2 without including MoF.
Whatever, I'm more excited this year for the new Zelda and Xenoblade.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything