Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia *** NO SPOILERS  (Read 551611 times)

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: NEW Castlevania for DS (And probably Wii)!!
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »
The article on IGN said over 20 areas? Jeez, that's SOTN territory if you include both castles

Remember how Portrait pitched "many areas" but half of them ended up being shoddy mirror areas?
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Grim Reaper

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2008, 01:03:05 PM »
Interesting story!
I want more!
I want to see death. ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »
All of this sounds like extremely good news to me.. yet there's still complaining?? Some of yous will never be satisfyed, sheesh.

Soma Cruz

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »
In the interview, they keep talking about the trailer that was shown at the event.  How long do you guys think it will take before we see that? Man I can't wait!

Soma

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »
and so the hype starts. i can see some people in this thread are already overhyped and see this game as the second coming of jesus. ::)

to the point of bashing other people's views on it because they're not mindlessly praising it. iga did a lot of promises in his pre pork interviews too, and the game was not what he promised, with many of the things he promised being poorly implemented, or one hit wonders.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:29:14 PM by Serio »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »
In Reply To #110

Everyone's excited. I don't think we have enough info to be overhyped yet.  :P

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »
i'm not. i'll remain cynic this time until the game is released. the hype was what made me hate portrait because it didn't live up to it at all.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2008, 01:31:40 PM »
In Reply To #112

Hype from Konami or hype from the fans themselves? Konami's got to sell the game some way or another.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
Sound interesting. So, this game takes place between SotN and the events of Bram Stoker's Dracula!!

And it's funny that I predicted a sorta Simon's Quest thing regarding this game. Looks like you CAN trek around the countryside!! I wonder how the map will look like?

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2008, 01:46:17 PM »
I think, realistically, it's hard to get excited by this news.

Offline Abster

• For the hell of it
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »
I was stoked when I learned the first information about this game, but when I learned that EVERYTHING is based on MP this time with the glyph system my heart sank.  I want to be able to use blades and shields at will, but with this system, there might only be one glyph for any of the game's conventional weapons, and then the rest being all magic.  I'm a bit concerned that the game will go overboard with magic and not have any physical attack options.

I support the better animation required cause.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:31 PM »
In Reply To #110
Well, I can see where you're coming from.. but cv fans are gonna praise this new cv game, because, they love cv, y'know? This isn't really surprising. Just like how others try to find everything wrong with the game's screenshots. Everybody on this forum already knew this game will reuse some enemy sprites & tiles even before DXC came out, so I don't see how all this is so shocking now.

I try not to get so mad at the 2D games anymore. It's the upcoming 3D title(s) that we should be worried about, but that's a whole other topic!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2008, 02:17:24 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/video/945837/6190984/castlevania-order-of-ecclesia-interview-1

Shanoa's not her REAL name, it's her codename. Wonder who she really is??

Soma Cruz

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2008, 02:25:39 PM »
In Reply To #119

From the question the interviewer asked concerning the game's length, IGA's response made is sound like it was of "normal castlevania length.

I really wish the CV games could become longer while still maintaining quality throughout.

Soma

Tags: