Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia *** NO SPOILERS  (Read 551604 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: NEW Castlevania for DS (And probably Wii)!!
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 09:40:41 PM »
Okay seriously the recycled sprites are getting old.  It's not even funny anymore.  That merman is over a decade, A DECADE, old.  And let's not even get into the realm of recycled sprites that are actually edits of OTHER sprites that are MORE THAN A DECADE OLD (RoB, what, 15 year old sprites?!??).  Graphically, the Castlevania series has been SUCH a huge let-down.  Honestly, to whoever said, "Why do you guys complain so much?  Do you even like this seris anymore?", I'm seriously starting to consider it.

I really don't mind the recycled sprites if they fit the game's overall presentation --It's not a big leap to take sprites from Rondo and slip them in the DS games because there's no major leap in the 2-D graphics of these games.

I actually enjoy graphic consistencies throughout the series' monsters --a merman always looks like a merman.  There should always be an effort to break new ground by introducing new monsters to mix it up, but there's no need to constantly reinvent the meat and potatoes unless major leaps in the graphics/presentation actually calls for it.

Now the recycled "copy and paste" redundant backgrounds are another matter entirely...  It's not as bad as say NES Zelda or Metroid, but there is a problem...

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »
In Reply To #55

I was wondering about that too. Maybe tomorrorw or something. I mean, to think we actually got an official SCAN of Order of Ecclesia today, and the KGD suposed to happen this week, it cannot be a coincidence. That's would be too bizarro! The thing is, you'd think all the web sites would be all over this. IGN, Gamespot, 1up, they haven't reported anything.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 09:42:38 PM »
The art's just been downspiraling in general. We need a good solid 3D Cv to kick it in the teeth.

Or even better a good solid 2D CONSOLE Castelvania.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
I hate the name shanoa. it just sounds soo weeaboo. Chanoix dammit, that's the proper romanization of that name. :o

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2008, 11:38:36 PM »
In Reply To #64

You never know, it could be changed to that when brought over.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2008, 12:11:57 AM »
Wtf?! Why is every games' protagonist a woman now a days?

what are you talking about? , almost every games protagonist ever created has been male, a chick is a nice change and a breath of fresh air.

The game looks like a lot more fun than DoS and PoR. I like how it's darker and they reused some sprites from SoTN. Granted I'm not expecting Rondo or SoTN quality from the DS cuz nintendo is an ass about making the games E or close to it but the game looks like it'll be fun and it should easily trump DoS and PoR from  what I've seen. One thing that bothers me is the girls hair color. Is the sprite the same one in the pic cuz the one in the pick has black hair and the sprite's is brown? That would look really bad if that's the same girl and her hair color is off in the finish product.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2008, 12:18:30 AM »
In Reply To #66

Shanoa's sprite doesn't look all that great. Granted I haven't seen it in motion yet, but the hair flailing about like thick tentacles doesn't look right.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2008, 12:40:34 AM »
What are you all people talking about? For me having a female protagonist is a really big change for the series and it also shows that IGA isn't a sexist.

Also the stages outside the castle, are more better than the ones from PoR and specialy the one with the water.

What is wrong with all of you people? Yeah, they have recycle sprites from previous games and enmies, but there also new sprites and enemies. You just talking about how bad is the games graphics and scenario, without knowing anything about the scenario or seen the game in motion.

I have found from these scans some elements, that i was really like to see on a castlevania game and i'm happy. To conclude, i find it very nice and better that DoS and Pork!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2008, 01:40:38 AM »
Thursday afternoon should bring the Castlevania explosion report on every major site.
No site can report it yet because they are under embargo.
CV:OoE should bring a nice surprise to everyone that's tired of the same old same old.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:42:44 AM by ReyVGM »

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2008, 05:26:33 AM »
Isn't there a ship in the background of the pic wit the water?

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2008, 05:38:57 AM »
Isn't there a ship in the background of the pic wit the water?

Yes...yes there is. I have good feeling that section is going to be great.

My thoughts: The worm boss with the mask is pretty cool looking, hopefully the battle is not lame. (and yes i agree that the background in that room is very blah) The main characters slashing animation looks a tad odd...hopfully when we see it in motion it will all make sense.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Abster

• For the hell of it
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards

I support the better animation required cause.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2008, 06:59:27 AM »
The guy posted more DS screenshots then immediately took them down.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Tags:

anything