Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia *** NO SPOILERS  (Read 551656 times)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: NEW Castlevania for DS (And probably Wii)!!
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2008, 10:40:33 AM »
PS. In about 2 hours, the Konami Gamers Day embargo will lift, and they will release more official info on this game, and other games :)

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Grim Reaper

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2008, 11:03:33 AM »
I can not wait!
My Castlevania  heart is beating again very strong!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »
Nice to hear.

That human-faced lobster looks like something out of the Contra series.

I actually like the look of this game. It looks more dark. Don't like the cheap details on the gothic arches in the church screens. Those look as lackluster as DoS and PoR. Everything else looks nice. There's something about the water area that looks cool. Maybe the screen showing OBVIOUS platforming potential(between each crate are urchins).

Wonder WHEREE this game takes place? Seeing that the majority of the screens take place in a church-like environment, I might guess the Church of Ecclesia, though there ARE outdoor shots. It would be major awesome if it's CV2-esque, an outdoor castletroid, so to speak.

Also, yeah, I'm not feeling the name Shanoa. Hope it changes(just like Charlotte Orlean changed to Charlotte Aulin). Shanoa reminds me of the FF names like Rinoa and Shimoa(which was romanized as the awesome Seymour....*sarcasm*). Actually, not fond of Chanoix, either.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2008, 11:29:56 AM »
to me Shanoa sounds almost like a ripoff of some anime character called Shana. just one letter less.

also btw. aulin is most likely another case of bad romanization. orlean makes more sense to me really. it doesn't sound as engrishy/bad/japanese as aulin, belnades, lecarde or the recent shanoa. :P

we might as well start calling Dracula dorakyura and alucard arukaado.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:32:40 AM by Serio »

TRON

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2008, 11:30:36 AM »

This boss is actually pretty original looking.

And yet, this somehow reminds me of Super C/Contra III: The Alien Wars.

Final boss of Super C.

Trip down memory lane in Contra III: The Alien Wars, that thing shows up again.

Having said that, I eagerly await for new info.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
yeah, uncanny! hey TRON, where is your avatar art from? Sick!

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2008, 11:45:59 AM »
In Reply To #76

Wow... that's some precarious furniture stacking in that save room.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
In Reply To #97

I thought that might even be a BOSS? Like a giant Oujia table thing..

MidnightSun

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »
In Reply To #95

Maybe it's a tribute?

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2008, 12:12:07 PM »
You know what? Iga fucking sucks. The Castlevania story line is so fucked up now because of him. Now anybody can kill Dracula, using any type of weapon they want. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game's main protagonist is a black guy, who acts exactly like Samuel L. Jackson, and kills Dracula with a fucking butter knife. Or worse yet, Iga will have him have to fight and defeat Richter in order to be able to use the Vampire Killer.

BAAAAWWWW IT'S NO LONGER CONAN CLONES REPEATING THE SAME STORY BAAAAAAAWWWW

The story got fucked up the moment CVII went back on the 'Dracula revives every 100 years' to 'oh, uh...just rape his corpse at the bottom of the castle ruins.' And Bloodlines deciding that Bram Stoker's Dracula would make a great, convulted addition to mess everything up.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »
http://ds.ign.com/articles/874/874263p1.html

NO WAY. IGN Dares to say " The game has a Simon's Quest feel to it"

and:
Gamers looking for a more serious trek down memory lane with Castlevania are in for a treat as well, as the anime style from the first two games is nowhere to be seen, with Order of Ecclesia instead embracing a beautiful line art, almost tapestry-looking design. We still got a brief look at an intro video, showing our femme fatal harnessing glyphs and ripping through endless hoards of monsters, but this time it felt more like a game geared towards the older crowd, with beautiful brush strokes and strong lines making up an impressive graphical showcase. Normally a drastic change in visuals is enough to set fans spiraling in different directions all at once, but everyone in our general vicinity had great things to say about it once the video was finished. It's clearly a step in the right direction, and the fact that this art is also used in-game for character portraits gives us a great feeling. A few other supporting characters such as the old, book-toting man Barlowe, and a younger, pistol-wielding hero were seen in-game and during the animated sequence, so while Iga himself confirmed that players would only be trekking through the adventure with Shanoa this time around with no character swapping (too much of anything can get dry, apparently), there's certainly a supporting cast to keep you company as you explore the lay and land around the legendary Castlevania.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:28:25 PM by Wallachia »

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2008, 12:29:08 PM »
Interesting, it's level based.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2008, 12:33:18 PM »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
From the preview, it sounds like the exploration is sort of akin to that in the Megaman ZX games. Sounds nifty.

Offline Flyguy82

• Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2008, 01:00:34 PM »
The article on IGN said over 20 areas? Jeez, that's SOTN territory if you include both castles

Granted, I don't expect them to be huge, but if a lot of playable area is outside with the Ecclesia fort serving as the 'hub', well... it's something to look forward to. :)

Tags:

anything