Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kokoro Belmondo  (Read 53233 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2011, 12:28:33 AM »
Fuck all that, we need Wai Wai World 2012!

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2011, 03:57:52 AM »
Fuck all that, we need Wai Wai World 2012!

Where you play as Gabriel, Old Snake, some Otomedius chick, Pyramid Head, Bryce (the immortal guy in NeverDead), Bad-looking Dreamworks Sparkster (from the new Rocket Knight), and more in a modern assortment of Konami characters?

Sounds bizarrely hilarious.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »
Turning Kokoro Belmondo into a serious character would be like turning Kid Dracula into a DARK and GRIM anti-hero.   

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2011, 07:30:01 AM »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:02 AM »
I'm down. I love Konami's sense of humor lol. I don't know any other company that makes parody games of themselves.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
I'm down. I love Konami's sense of humor lol. I don't know any other company that makes parody games of themselves.

Ditto.

The rage-filled responses I don't get. Having a girl with cat ears is tame, especially considering we're talking about the Japanese here  ;D

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »

She ain't...even...sexy.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
would be like turning Kid Dracula into a DARK and GRIM anti-hero.   
I know right? How silly would that be...

That said, best I could find was this from pixiv,

And this from Rockman Perfect Memories' Oekaki.

Yeah Kokoro with a Kojima esque makover would be neat. Kind of like the Touhou Castlevania game which did the same thing with it's characters.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:21:18 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:24 AM »
I know right? How silly would that be...

Yes, making a more serious version of a parody of an already existing character really makes a lot of sense, newbie.     
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:51:43 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »
I dont think Kokoro is as sexy as characters like Shanoa or Yoko, or even Sonia Belmont. I'm disappointed in her ~_~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2011, 01:36:25 AM »
I don't understand how this character can be more popular than Angela.

I mean, at least Angela was in Castlevania.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:18 AM »
Yes, making a more serious version of a parody of an already existing character really makes a lot of sense, newbie.   
Should have worded your post better then. You asked for it.

Because she's an homage character to the Castlevania series and the Belmonts. She IS a parody Belmont. Supposedly from some thousand years into the future or something.

Angela meanwhile, was a side character who did precious little except have a cool looking "dark" form
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 05:30:59 AM »
Should have worded your post better then. You asked for it.

No, you were just wrong.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2011, 05:33:53 AM »

Well, like I said above, I don't think she's sexy, but she is pretty "cute," if ya know the difference. And while Angela is what I'd call sexy, I think 'cute' goes further with a Japanese audience at least these days. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2011, 06:02:41 AM »
That's no diaper. It's a type of women's dressware that was popular throughout the middle-ages all the way up to the very early 20th century. I don't know the name of it but it's no diaper.

-X

They're called bloomers.

Ridiculing the legendary Vampire-hunting clan by having a character wear cat ears and a diaper; that just goes to show how much IGA loves the Belmonts.

I'm pretty sure, IIRC, that almost every character in the game has some sort of head set that looks like ears. It has nothing to do with ridiculing anyone.

Wasn't enough shame with Judgment?

Castlevania's name is becoming a bad joke...

This is a parody game and is intended to be a joke where as Judgement actually was... ummm... serious.

WTF is up with the sexy comments? Research the game before you open your pieholes! There are only like 2 or 3 characters in Otomedius that are at least 18. Most of the characters look cute and not sexy BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG GIRLS NOT OLDER THAN 16. And get over the hate already, WTF do you haters care if Konami puts a CV parody character in a parody game that you're not likely to ever play anyway? How does that affect in any way the CV franchise? It doesn't, foo!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:21:02 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

anything