Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 695898 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:45 AM »
I am very interested to see what this turns out to be. After playing ReBirth, I hope it's a Classicvania. I've had my fill of Metroidvanias, thanks. I'm not big on the notion of this possibly being another Juste game too. I hated Juste, but, if it turns out to be Julius's game, all the more reason for this to be a Classicvania. He is a Belmont, after all!

This is also my first post here, hello everyone! :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:34:32 AM by OSM »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 02:42:07 AM »
i guess i wouldn't be that surprised if it was a new Juste game.  he made it in the "greatest five" attack in Portrait of Ruin.  I don't think what he did in HoD is enough to merit him being in the greatest five, especially at Christopher's expense.  they need to show us more why he deserves to be counted among them.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 02:46:11 AM »
Some of these posts make me lol

I wonder why some of you even bother posting here

Because we like making you lol

or pissed...

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57:04 AM »

Get out of my head.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 04:22:56 AM »
IGA makes the games entirely by himself, it's true. He designs the levels, makes the sprites and also secretly did all the art and composed the music, Yamane and Kojima are just his entourage. Therefore it is all his fault that Castlevania games suck.  8) :'( 

Offline Nox_A15

• CastleKeeper
  • Hunter in Training
    • CastleKeeper's Chronicles - The World of Castlevania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 04:44:06 AM »
If this really will be a new Castlevania title then platform will be probably a 3DS. Maybe Nintendo wants to have this strong brand as a release title again.
“No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »
Ho3D..bring it on, IGA!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 08:03:02 AM »
oh yeah, good point.  it better have an acronym like Ho3D, i wouldn't know what to do if two games were HoD...

this reminds me, i saw a game called "Lords of Nature" by Konami.  it had no relation to Lords of Shadow...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
Quote from: Lumas
Because we like making you lol

or pissed...

Oh, I don't get pissed at all. I just laugh at all those people that are unable to form an intelligent thought & reply with "this," and those that seem like they came right out of the gamefaqs forums. Seriously GTFO here with that shit (not referring to you). But I digress..

I was hoping a new title would be announced for 3DS. I believe the last launch CV title was Circle of the Moon for the advance.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:13 AM »

To post their opinions.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »
Im hoping it's for the DS, a 2D Castlevania would be the perfect send off of an amazing handheld. :)

But I might just end up as a 3DS launch title :(

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
Quote from: Kale
To post their opinions.

Trolling the forum with nonsensical posts aren't opinions, Kale.. but lets get back on topic.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »
i guess i wouldn't be that surprised if it was a new Juste game.  he made it in the "greatest five" attack in Portrait of Ruin.  I don't think what he did in HoD is enough to merit him being in the greatest five, especially at Christopher's expense.  they need to show us more why he deserves to be counted among them.
I don't he shouldn't be in the "Greatest Five" either.  He didn't even fight the real Dracula.  All he fought was an evil spirit using Dracula's remains.  Ok, so he is the Belmont who actually use powerful magical attacks like his ancestor Sypha Belnades.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »
Trolling the forum with nonsensical posts aren't opinions, Kale.. but lets get back on topic.

Which post are you talking about? Didn't pay attention to all the post.

Why? I mean, Aria of Sorrow/Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Shadows/Order of Ecclesia, Harmony of Dissonance/Harmony of Despair
IGa is not the most creative man on earth, doesn't sound that bad though   :-\

I don't mind those... cept the Harmony ones. Since the "of" just doesn't seem to fit for me. "in" might have worked better. I actually like the whole Songs thing, it's cool, but harmony of dispair doesn't make sense.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 10:27:01 AM »
Why? I mean, Aria of Sorrow/Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Shadows/Order of Ecclesia, Harmony of Dissonance/Harmony of Despair
IGa is not the most creative man on earth, doesn't sound that bad though   :-\

You should blame the localizers for that. HoD's Japanese name is Concerto of the Midnight Sun.   

Tags: