Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 695980 times)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 02:36:56 AM »
"Harmony of Despair"

Nice Classification: 9
List of goods and services Video game software; video game programs; computer game software; computer game programs; electronic game programs.

Nice Classification: 41
List of goods and services Entertainment services, namely, providing computer games to video game machine, mobile phones and computers; providing online computer games via network between communications networks and computers; providing information to game players about the ranking of their scores of games through the web sites; providing information, images, music and/or sound regarding games; entertainment services, namely, arranging, organizing and conducting game tournaments.  

The first classification (9: Goods, includes Transmission or Reproduction Sound/Images) is the same, however the second (41: Services, Entertainment) reveals a bit more besides.  Mobile phones and computers, online computer games via network, ranking of scores, organizing and conducting game tournaments . . .

perhaps "Yu-Gi-Oh!: Harmony of Despair"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:25:30 AM by koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 03:58:33 AM »
Some kind off Judgment game?  :o

nooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:41:35 AM by Nagumo »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:53 AM »
no offence but that would be sssooooooooooooooo lame ???

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »
I'd be a lot more likely to believe this was a DSi title rather than a new cartridge DS game.  But of course, who knows?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
I'd say the iPhone/Touch is becoming a worthy competitor to the DS.

NO.

The iPhone can't compete at all unless it gets a Dpad and some game buttons. Shitty touch screen controls does not a good platform make. I assume you're referring to just touch screen games, but still.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:49 PM »
they can always do like some DS games do and draw buttons on the screen

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2010, 08:06:22 PM »
You can't blame companies for thinking outside the box & trying something different.

Offline nsideus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 08:23:15 PM »
NO.

The iPhone can't compete at all unless it gets a Dpad and some game buttons. Shitty touch screen controls does not a good platform make. I assume you're referring to just touch screen games, but still.

I used to think this as well until I played Street Fighter 4 on the iPhone.  Some phones have horrible touch screens but the one on the iPhone, especially the 3GS, is passable for virtual d-pads. 

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
It's not only that but you're either taking away screen space for button images, or placing your fingers over the action. Neither is favorable for me.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
I think taking up screen space for controls is dreadful & counter intuitive in game design.
"Stuff and things."

Offline nsideus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
It's not ideal but it's all you can do for games that require a d-pad on a touch screen device, like 2d side scrollers.  But hey, who said the next mobile Castlevania has to be a 2d side scroller.

They've branched out with their other franchises, with games like Metal Gear Acid...

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2010, 02:22:25 AM »
Hmm...maybe it'll be a game where you use the stylus to make whip motions on the screen. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »
Wow! That's awesome!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2010, 11:09:40 AM »
Wow! That's awesome!

Yeah, except... if THAT can be done on a normal DSi, I dunno what the 3DS is all about... Maybe the same thing but with prettier graphics?

Tags:

anything