Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The relationship between Dracula's Castle and the 1999 eclipse  (Read 9181 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The relationship between Dracula's Castle and the 1999 eclipse
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 02:49:17 AM »
+1
There's gonna be a partial solar eclipse in northen europe for 2037.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_January_16,_2037

Edit: Yeah, this is the solar eclipse mentioned in the novel. The first page clearly said on a certain day in January 2037.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:41:59 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
A great opportunity to un-seal Castlevania :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 10:09:33 PM »
+1
Which was exactly what happened in the novel, though since the eclipse was partial, the castle is not complete.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 04:12:36 AM »
+1

Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 09:33:35 AM »
Nice comic! I also like they way Julius was done. Definitely worthy of the name Belmont.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 11:04:30 AM »
Am curious.. how would the "100 year rule" work had Soma succumbed to the dark side? Would he only resurrect everytime there was an eclipse? Any theories?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 07:56:32 AM »
In my opinion, perhaps he would only be resurrected when a total solar eclipse happens since drac's resurrection is tied up with the resurrection of the castle. And we all know that the castle was sealed inside a total solar eclipse.

The 100 year rule only applies to old drac.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »
Am curious.. how would the "100 year rule" work had Soma succumbed to the dark side? Would he only resurrect everytime there was an eclipse? Any theories?

Had Soma become Dracula once more I don't believe the solar eclipse could hold him back anymore. Both He and Castlevania itself would no-doubt return to their homeland of Romania and the cycle of Belmont's Vs Dracula would pick up where it left off. The eclipse acts as a prison for Castlevania so long as Dracula was gone. But once Dracula returns then the eclipse can no-longer contain it. Dracula would simply use his powers and return to earth with his castle in tow. This was never done in AoS so I don't know for sure.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »
^^THIS^^

I think more or less like that, Dracula could destroy this seal in my opinion. I think that he even could make a total eclipse happen if he wanted to.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything