Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 215783 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »
Vamprotector: Jungle 1-2 Preview

Got another stage base almost done in engine.

I am not messing around.

I should have another one before next week.

My goal is to have most if not all of the regular stages in engine before the end of the month. Then starts the polishing process and the real fun begins!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #406 on: March 14, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »
Vamprotector: Jungle 1-1

Weather system and respawn flowers working.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:04:47 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2015, 02:51:23 PM »
Vamprotector: Demon Castle War Stage 1-2
Base is in engine. More to come, will add more effects in the polish phase..

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #408 on: March 19, 2015, 04:20:48 PM »
I can't wait to see the monsters making your life hell!
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »
Nice work man! This is by far my favorite map ive seen in the game! Now once I get my project out of the way ill have to work double time to catch up richters parts lol
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: April 04, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
Nice work man! This is by far my favorite map ive seen in the game! Now once I get my project out of the way ill have to work double time to catch up richters parts lol
Thanks man, I am a little side tracked doing 3d work at the moment, but the stages are coming along nicely!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #411 on: April 09, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »
To All:

I appreciate everyone who has followed my game through it's infancy and all who has watched this thread.

If you are still interested in following updates of Vamprotector I will be starting a developers blog on my website at: www.mrmauricejohnson.net

I may have some other works in mind, but I can't mention them now.

Currently, I have begun working on obtaining my Master's Degree in Video Game Design and Development.

I have another game project that I have started using Unreal 4 so that is pretty exciting for me as well.

If you would like to be part of the testing for Vamprotector please shoot me a PM through my website at www.mrmauricejohnson.net with your name and a e-mail I can send the private Beta to.

Please visit my Vamprotector Facebook and Youtube pages as well! Feel free to comment and suggest!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vamprotector-Multimedia-Fusion-2/266894016717222?fref=ts

Thanks for the members of the Castlevania Dungeon that have supported me throughout my projects and discussion threads!

Enjoy the fruits I have left upon the Castlevania Dungeon, I hope everyone that started a project, finishes it and it becomes successful!

Submerging for a while..
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:27:36 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2015, 12:18:11 AM »
Submerging for a while..

Okay but don't drown yourself. You still need to get this fan game done  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2015, 01:57:43 AM »
I wish you all the best darkmanx!  :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2015, 10:32:28 AM »
Just an update. I am into the 2nd month of my Master's Program aside from my own Networking events and personal projects it's getting pretty gnarly. I am shooting to have a new stage in engine in the next couple of weeks so look out for that. Its an interesting take on a well known level in the Castlevania series.

I have added a new section on my website where I have broken down my development process on making a Vamprotector or a game of this type in general. (Alot of people were requesting that I do something like that.) If you go under the Personal section of my website you will see a mini break down on the methodology of how I do things I do.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: May 24, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »

Just posting some progress I have been making.
Tweaking some more effects on my Game Over Screen plus working on another section of my Demon Castle War level. That's about half done. I added a lunar eclipse that occurs during the stage and I am debating if I am going to add fire or not...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:33:46 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #416 on: May 24, 2015, 05:50:29 PM »
Looks great dude!  8) i REALLY need to remix some of those tracks hahaha
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2015, 07:06:40 AM »
Updates:

Funny how people still think that Brazil is a giant jungle after all these years... LOL

This game is shaping to be great.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:11:11 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #418 on: July 03, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »

So here is my version of the Clocktower stage that I am currently working on. I will be adding the whip mode, some more enemy types, and additional traps and hazards but all in all it's coming together nicely if I do say so myself!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:40:17 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: August 10, 2015, 11:24:26 AM »
Just some updates. I currently made a new DEBUG room for the game and have begun the arduous journey of fixing the character issues and implementing special attacks, item upgrades etc. I have changed my character's code so that things work better and made it easier for the whips to be upgraded, fixed the sticky walls issue. etc. The game is coming along nicely, should have a new video up soon.

Phase 1: Environments - Designing all the stages and importing them in engine   80%
             2nd Pass - Polish stages, imputing all the effects, traps, etc. 10%
             3rd Pass - Choose Your Destiny, make sure map screen works correctly, implement stage selection 10%

Phase 2: Characters - Richter and Helsing. Fix all the animation issues. Implement all the regular stuff. 8 direction firing and whips. Specials and Item Crashes. Add item usage and weapon upgrades. 41%

Phase 3:  Lifebar - Overhaul of lifebar for Gun and Whip Modes. Implement weapon and Item fusion system. Make sure the lifebar corresponds correctly to all weapon/special/item usage. 20%

Phase 4: Enemies - Add enemy types to all the stages and make sure they spawn/work correctly. 0%
             2nd Pass - Bosses. Code all the Bosses. *Implement Boss Rush Mode which is separate from main game. 0%
             3rd Pass - 2 player simultaneous mode coding

Phase 5: Design all endings and final credits. *Thinking about making an internal clock that depending on how quickly you can beat the game determines the ending that you will receive. 0%

Phase 6: Hidden Stages. 0%

Phase 7: Hidden Bosses. 0%

THE END