Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The REAL Castlevania Movie  (Read 41872 times)

Offline SOTN85yea

• Awards
Re: The REAL Castlevania Movie
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »
I agrre with you, Lords of shadow disappoint me too, I prefer SOTN, Aria of sorrow, Dracula's Curse, Simon Quest, Circle of the moon, Lament of Innocent and Curse of darkness cause is like SOTN and as composer of course Michiru Yamane, then as game director style Toru or Iga is good, like movie director Stephen Sommers, like Van Helsing seems like Castlevania.  ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
I love how people say "IGA's games are NOT castlevania," when they have just as much if not more in common with the classic style than LoS.

Aahh, opinions.

Offline SOTN85yea

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
LOS??? ha ha ha, very funny, I hope too better IGA or Toru from Symphony of the night!!!

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
Yes, it is Castlevania. It have action, adventure, good against evil, hordes of monsters, a Belmont, a whip, Carmilla, Death and the best origin story for Dracula in the whole saga. Of course it is Castlevania.

That & arguably one of the worst Belmont origin stories in the saga :P
But regardless I agree & think it's a perfectly valid Castlevania game, it's certainly no less valid than any of Iga's deviations are despite LOS being so (painfully) different in places.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:53:47 PM by C Belmont »

Offline SOTN85yea

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
Excuse me, have you seened the difference between old version, 2D version and LOS?
Have you seened that LOS looklike GOD of war?
Have you seened that LOS looklike Prince of Persia when he climb and descent the wall?
Have you seened that LOS looklike Golden Axe when he ride the beast?
Have you seened that LOS looklike Shadow of the Colossus for Ps2 when he fight against Titans?
Have you seened that LOS looklike Van Helsing when he fight against little bat?
Have you seened that LOS location aren’t dark like version before?
Have you hear the music soundtrack isn’t like Castlevania style? And not pure like Michiru Yamane composer.
So if you like 2D version I think some of IGA production Ayami Kojima design and Michiru Yamane music, why do you like LOS? Is not a Castlevania, and every fans lknow that…
So how can be possible?
The movie sequence aren’t direct like Ps2 and they were great like film, also the graphic of Konami Japanese computer is most powerful than Mercurysteam.

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »
Have you seened that LOS looklike GOD of war?
Have you seen that Castlevania looks like Super Mario? That Super Castlevania IV looks like Strider Hiryu? That Symphony of the Night looks like Metroid?
It's a ridicolous argument. There aren't many ways a 3D game can look like, just as there aren't many ways a 2D game can look like, if you set you standards for telling them apart so low.

Have you seened that LOS looklike Prince of Persia when he climb and descent the wall?
Yes, climbing by using your hands is a trademark of Prince of Persia. I demand every other game involving climbing has the protagonist using... mmmh, feet! No wait, Dante does that in Devil May Cry. Ok, I got it: for the next LoS game, the character should climb using his mouth. Biting his way to the top. For the sake of originality.

Have you seened that LOS looklike Golden Axe when he ride the beast?
Indeed. Riding is such an unique mechanic and I wonder why Sega never copyrighted it. Imagine the money they would make over licensing it to Rockstar for Red Dead Redemption. Again, the next LoS game should be innovative and have the monsters ride Gabriel instead.

Have you seened that LOS looklike Shadow of the Colossus for Ps2 when he fight against Titans?
Now that... yeeees. We saw it. We all commented it. Yes, it's shameless - but basically no game gave us SotC-like battles in years, so it didn't bother me much. The eye candy was amazing.

Have you seened that LOS looklike Van Helsing when he fight against little bat?
I'm guessing you refer to gremlins? I didn't think of Van Helsing, but CV has often featured small or large flying humanoids throwing fireballs or similar attacks, so...
In fact, considering how Van Helsing shamelessly copied from CV, I think it's normal it would feel familiar.

Have you seened that LOS location aren’t dark like version before?

Herr... no?

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/101/1015533/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-20090819065254063_640w.jpg[/img]

Have you hear the music soundtrack isn’t like Castlevania style? And not pure like Michiru Yamane composer.
Yamane wasn't "CV style" when she took over the series and over time pushed out tracks that ended up being almost as iconic as the traditional ones. Maybe Aurajo will eventually. Maybe someone else will. Or we'll just get more remixes. Who knows!

So if you like 2D version I think some of IGA production Ayami Kojima design and Michiru Yamane music, why do you like LOS? Is not a Castlevania, and every fans lknow that…
So how can be possible?
I don't know.... tastes? Maybe the last 126 games from IGA haven't been exactly stellar in quality and something new can be appreciated? Maybe there's no moral obligation to like Kojima's artwork (for example I love her style but I think she completely exaggerated in applying it to the CV brand, and I'm glad we're moving away from that)? Are you saying that the artwork in LoS is lacking? Because, quite frankly, everyone out there is recognizing it as a contender for the spot of 3D game with most impressive artwork in this generation.
Yes, it's not the same old stuff. No, it's not a crime. Yes, it could be better. No, we don't betray the CV Gods if we still like it.

The movie sequence aren’t direct like Ps2 and they were great like film, also the graphic of Konami Japanese computer is most powerful than Mercurysteam.

notsureifserious.gif

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »
Thank you Valtiel. You express my thoughs better than myself  ;D
I never drink... wine...

Offline Vampirvania1096

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 05:36:24 AM »
no chance for your words, LOS is a bad game like Castlevania and about Symphony of the night is too original so forget Metroid and about Super Mario for Castlevania style you know the Platform? :)))
Toru Hajiara is one of the best director and of course better than director of LOS sure!!!

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
I really wish I could make sense of what these new users are trying to say.

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2010, 06:26:24 AM »
no chance for your words, LOS is a bad game like Castlevania and about Symphony of the night is too original so forget Metroid and about Super Mario for Castlevania style you know the Platform? Smiley))
Toru Hajiara is one of the best director and of course better than director of LOS sure!!!

Well, this is barely English.

BTW, you can like or dislike Lord of Shadows. You can think that it is original or unoriginal, faithful or unfaithful to the saga. That's a matter of taste. But, in my sincere opinion, it is pretty obvious that it is one of the best games of this year and, even more important, the best (by far) 3D Castlevania ever made.
I never drink... wine...

Belmonto

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2010, 09:35:38 AM »
Thank you!
Now let's go to the next question:

Music takes part in creation of the movie's atmosphere.
As far as I know, most Castlevania fans think that Symphony of the Night has the best music.
But there are a lot of epic Castlevania hits that were in other games.

What Castlevania hits are your favorite, and in your opinion are PERFECT for the movie?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:38:56 AM by Belmonto »

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:51 AM »
I am not a big fan of SOTN music. For me, the most interesting themes are on "Dracula battle perfect selection" and "Castlevania Judgament soundtrack", as I said on other topic. I love the heavy-metal remixes of the old tunes.

If I must choose only one Castlevania title for his music, I would choose Rondo of Blood. But, in the other hand, it have no "Simon's theme" that is my favorite videogame song of all time...

Oscar Araujo mades a great, cinematographical score for LoS, but, for a real movie I would prefer something closer to the old themes. For example, I would find PERFECT an orchestral version of "Bloody tears", "Dance of Illusions" during the final battle and, of course, some little hints of "Heart of fire" and "Vampire killer" in the whole score.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:06:15 AM by CristopherLee »
I never drink... wine...

Offline Vampirvania1096

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »
Enrique as your name I suggest to you speak spanish it's better for you cause your english is bad :)))) like LOS :))))

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »
Thank you!
Now let's go to the next question:

Music takes part in creation of the movie's atmosphere.
As far as I know, most Castlevania fans think that Symphony of the Night has the best music.
But there are a lot of epic Castlevania hits that were in other games.

What Castlevania hits are your favorite, and in your opinion are PERFECT for the movie?

I always thought the Lament of Innocence soundtrack would work well with a movie or something similar since it has a lot of variety. If they are reall going to do a Castlevania movie though they need to have some of the very well known songs most of which were redone quite nicely on the Judgement soundtrack.

Also LOL at monsters riding Gabriel that part of your post cracked me up Valtiel!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
A lot of the best Tracks were heard in Super Castlevania IV. This game had the atmosphere pinned down just right! I think that some of the most creepiest tunes in this game would undoubtedly complement a Castlevania movie very well.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything