Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Project from BMC_War Machine  (Read 3462 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
Hey fellas, i know it sounds a little redundant to be announcing a new project, but i've recently hit some deal breakers for my CV3 chronicles progess - namely, upgrading a pc and dealing with some serious bugs.  In the meantime, i've been working on learning 3D animation and creation, and i've recently figured out how to make cutscenes as well.  So, i originally had this idea saved for a spoiler at the end of CVC-Drac's Curse, AFTER the credits, but due to these new changes, i figured now is as good a time as any to share it with you all.

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Remember, be gentle - this is my first attempt at a cutscene haha.  But hopefully the point gets across.  I'll create a new thread for discussion on the project itself after the vid get's checked out by a few of us on here - don't want to spoil it before you get to see the whole video  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:43:47 PM by BMC_War Machine »
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
Good attempt there BMC_WarMachine!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 05:58:27 PM »
Thanks!  If everything pans out, i'll be making a 2.5D version of SCV4  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:04:05 PM »
Thanks!  If everything pans out, i'll be making a 2.5D version of SCV4  8)

I actually had a dream about that very thing a few years ago. I was playing a 2.5D remake of SCV4 and it was very impressive! But what made it so impressive was that it wasn't altered one bit. It was still the same game but in 2.5D.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
Haha, thanks again fellas :)

@ X: That's the gameplan dude, 2.5D, but unaltered gameplay!  I can't say that there MAY or may not be some new mechanics to the controls i e backflips, slides, item crashes are all possibilities but for the most part the game will be unaltered (as of now :) ) it's still in it's infancy, but i've been having a ton of fun making this come to life, given that SCV4 is, and always has been my all time favorite CV title on any system.  I've got a majority of Simon's animations done, so that aspect is flying pretty smoothly, but if i can do this the way i plan it, it's gonna take quite a while, since a majority of what i'll be doing will be 100% custom made for 2.5D, so needless to say it's not gonna be a breeze by any means lol.

@aalluuccaarrdd - thanks lol. the actual graphics are 1080p, but given that i made that with my old laptop and couldn't make the vid the right size for mmf/ct2.5 i had to downscale it to make it fit where it was intended, but considering that isn't the case now, it looks MUCH smoother than what you see in the vid for sure!

Tags: