Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Shadows of the Damned  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:00 AM »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:34:13 AM »
Looks pretty cool.  The character is pretty shiny looking and appears to ham up some lines but that's classic horror movie stuff (sort of like the Army of Darkness lines).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »
reminds me of nightmare creatures

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »
Looks like a cross between Resident Evil 4 & Devil May Cry with some heavy Castlevania ambiance.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »
It's like a dream collaboration come true. The director of killer7 and No More Heroes with the director of the first and fourth Resident Evil games, with music by the masterful composer for the Silent Hill series. I don't even care that Yamaoka's not at Konami anymore; this is way more exciting.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 11:05:51 AM »
Ha! I thought I tasted some no more heroes in there!
That's a pretty hefty group of big names attached to this.
I love Yamaoka's music. I might have to give this a try.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
Game uv da mufuggin' year, Gs.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »
I've had my eye on it since I first heard about it a few months ago in Game Informer.  It hasn't gotten much press so far, but hopefully it'll get more support as the release date approaches.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
It's out today, dawg. And it's tizzight.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 05:16:56 AM »
Seriously, greatest game ever. This is how fun Resident Evil 5 should have been. Well, gameplay-wise; you can't expect this kind of humor and weirdness in a Resident Evil game, ha ha. Woooo, it's good.

And I like its visuals. Most games look so drab these days. Nice to see something so rich with purpley goodness.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Shadows of the Damned
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »
Suda 51 never disappoints me. This game is no different, I tried it at a bud's house today and I had a blast! Like what Abnormal Freak said above, its everything a good Resident Evil should be gameplay wise but I love all the game's ways to make it stand out from those games(love the darkness system). My favorite part of the game though has to be the design, I love Suda 51's outlandish view on hell and it all looks very stylin'.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
On my second playthrough. Dayumn, this game is good.

Sadly, the PS3 version suffers from some pretty bad audio compression. The 360 version apparently sounds a whole lot better. I'm gonna borrow my friend's copy to confirm this, but videos I've watched on YouTube of the 360 sound a lot better than what I'm hearing in the game on the PS3, which is telling. PS3 version's got some slightly better graphics (except it's got screen tearing; 360 version don't), but that doesn't make up for the shit audio. The kind of compression present on the PS3 game isn't even necessary... Surely they have a lot of room left over on that Blu-ray Disc. Perhaps it's not dual-layered, but still.

I hope this game sells dickloads so that there's a sequel.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 06:49:17 AM »
I doubt it... the critics have pretty much torn it a new asshole everywhere Ive read. Havent played it for mself and dont really want to but I did look into it after this post

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »
Sadly, the PS3 version suffers from some pretty bad audio compression. The 360 version apparently sounds a whole lot better. I'm gonna borrow my friend's copy to confirm this
Let me know what you find out with that.  I haven't tried the game yet, but I'm going to.  I planned to pick up the 360 version, but I could go either way.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
Re: Shadows of the Damned
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
Something about this trailer reminded me of the first Shadowman game.  Dunno why...

Tags: