Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hard Corps UPRISING delivers a new legend within the Contra universe!!!  (Read 22989 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Hard Corps UPRISING delivers a new legend within the Contra universe!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 02:29:20 AM »
Sprite ripping is the easy part. Just play a game on an emulator. Then take a screen capture if the emulator supports it and if not, then download a screen capture program off the net. Zophar's Domain has such utilities available. Once you have the desired pic, simply use and art program (Corel photo paint or Adobe Photo shop) and simply cut out the sprite from the image. There will be times when the sprite you want to capture is mixed in with special effects making it difficult to segregate the sprite itself. I've been ripping and spriting for a few years now so I'm used to the labor it involves. But it's still fun to do. For me the hard part is learning how to code a program which will give your sprites life. I know next to zilch about programming so I can sympathize with you there.  :'(

-X 
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 03:39:36 AM »
Uprising is set 20 years before the first Contra, so it's set in 2316. Why he turns to the side using aliens for evil during Hard Corps is left unexplained. The same applies to Dr. Geo Mandrake, who's also in the game. Bahamut started the rebellion due to what was going on, and Geo Mandrake didn't know the extents of what his research was being used for until an outbreak started at the facility he was residing in.

I suppose they wanted to use the aliens to fight the government for some evil deed they were doing? Mind you, I've only played games in the main timeline up until Hard Corps, so I have no clue what goes on with Shattered Soldier or Neo Contra.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »
I love the classic Contras. I never played anything past Contra 3 and Contra: Hard Corps though (not including Contra Rebirth), so I don't know if the newer games were any good.

I want to get this now, cause it looks like fun. Technically I could since I have a PS3 and a 360, but the PS3 has such better controllers. I guess I must wait.   :(

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »
I love the classic Contras. I never played anything past Contra 3 and Contra: Hard Corps though (not including Contra Rebirth), so I don't know if the newer games were any good.

I want to get this now, cause it looks like fun. Technically I could since I have a PS3 and a 360, but the PS3 has such better controllers. I guess I must wait.   :(

Shattered Soldier, Neo Contra are some of the best Contra games ever (and the best presentation in the series)
CONTRA: SHATTERED SOLDIER

Neo contra

Neo Contra stages are all overhead style (similiar to the overhead stages that Super Contra introduced,, but more advanced) but it's really good too.   Personally I find both of them more enjoyable than Contra 3 (Contra Hard Corps being the best of them all.)  

I haven't played Contra 4 or Rebirth but they are said to be really great too.  

March is really close, so Uprising is sure to appear on PSN within the next few weeks.  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
I suppose they wanted to use the aliens to fight the government for some evil deed they were doing? Mind you, I've only played games in the main timeline up until Hard Corps, so I have no clue what goes on with Shattered Soldier or Neo Contra.

Look up a You Tube video for the Contra Shattered Soldier story. Lance Bean explains it all to Bill and Lucia. Neo Contra takes place hundreds of years after shattered soldier. In that light it's almost a stand-alone game as the story has almost nothing to do with the games that had come before it.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
I've decided I'm serious about the Contra fan-game I mentioned earlier in the topic.

I watched the play-thru of this Contra all the way through. There are several areas of high difficulty and the final boss WILL require expert hand-eye co-ordination. What those areas and boss are, I won't say, its spoilerish.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
I avoided spoilers,  the PSN version is coming sometime March.  not long now.

people are having fun with 2 players co-op.  

Hard Corps: Uprising - pt1

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
Great news!  People are saying that PSN gets this March 15 (next week!!!! Finally!!!)  Also I heard 360 recently got Leviathan as DLC (that increases the amount of characters to 5.  Leviathan is said to be a more challenging character to use.  He is said to only take 1 hit even in Rising mode and has 1 weapon slot (classic Contra style).   And something about grenades and other upgrades.   He is also said to be the fastest character.  Some players may find his style to their liking.   I don't think Leviathan will be available day 1 for PSN version release, but it's likely Harley and Sayuri will be there for those interested.  ;D

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

@Konami When is Uprising scheduled to hit PSN?

@zfrick #HardCorpsUprising is coming to #PSN on March 15th for $14.99

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »
Only $14 bucks? And to thing I bought 2 $50 doller giftcards  :-[

-X

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »
Sorry for another double-post here, but I downloaded this game last night and had a blast! It's an interesting concept to be able to upgrade your characters weapons, lives, life, etc. And to think I've almost mastered the first stage only after a couple of hours worth of gameplay (that's of course because I was ranking up my score in order to buy more stuff  ;D)

-X

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 10:34:06 PM »
Anima look-a-like? Thanks, but no thanks.
Absolutely frenetic is what I meant.

Tags:

anything