Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Let's talk Nintendo's Kirby  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
I considered getting the Kirby pin just to sell it, I like Kirby games but not enough to waste my Nintendo club points in it, especially since I don't know how well it would sell

Also, I still can't believe Kirby, of all Nintendo games, is getting a collection and Mario got that shitty all stars port and Metroid got nothing
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:59:31 PM by Profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 01:56:10 AM »
Also, I still can't believe Kirby, of all Nintendo games, is getting a collection and Mario got that shitty all stars port and Metroid got nothing

That's because Sakamoto destroyed the Metroid franchise. He's kind of a creeper. He's apparently claimed he was once the only person in the world who knows where Samus' birthmark is and also claims to own a special version of Super Metroid where Samus can be seen nude. And that's just outside his "magnum opus" Other M, which is rife with "Samus needs to be an obedient mother and housewife" imagery and subtext which isn't exactly subtle.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »
That's because Sakamoto destroyed the Metroid franchise. He's kind of a creeper. He's apparently claimed he was once the only person in the world who knows where Samus' birthmark is and also claims to own a special version of Super Metroid where Samus can be seen nude. And that's just outside his "magnum opus" Other M, which is rife with "Samus needs to be an obedient mother and housewife" imagery and subtext which isn't exactly subtle.

Okay, about that creeper part I cant say nothing (WTF Sakamoto? lol) but they didnt destroyed the franchise, I admit that some parts from Other M are absurd, but you should remember that Samus isnt a robot, since Fusion she shows emotions. The death of the "baby" that turned Samus in a super emotive person in Other M, but that Ridley scene with a Samus stunned and afraid of Ridley simply doesnt make sense.
Another thing that makes the game broken is that "invencible dodge" and the ability to recharge everything, anywhere. I've played the Hard Mode and even so its still easy and Im disappointed that they didnt made a proper battle with Mother Brain.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
I think Spoony summed up how bad Other M was going to be to Samus pretty well. I can't really get into his latest videos but his older stuff is good.

Maybe we should take this Metroid talk to another thread, since I don't want to derail this Kirby thread.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
So how are you all enjoying Kirby's Dream Collection so far?

I really feel that Nintendo poured their heart and soul into it (uncommon for compilations). I especially favor browsing Kirby's History and the small points of wisdom therein.

Did you know, that in 1994 a record-breaking 3,011-pound lolipop was made, and the first genetically engineered tomatoes went on sale?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »

Better than what we got for Castlevania.

I have the game and played it for a bit, but I've been busy with school.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »
OK. I acquired the Kirby collection for Wii because I heard it has some bonus content. Gonna try it out and see.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »
I will wait for your feedback nippah~
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
Love the collection so far, they probably could have easily gotten in more of the side games for GB/GBC and the GBA games, but the New Challenges mode makes up for it by basically being a new game. It plays just like the challenge stages from "Return to Dreamland", but is set up sorta like "Krby's Adventure". I beat the first world. It had 3 stages. Beating them unlocked the Boss Door which was a race against Magolor in the style of the "Gourmet Race" from "Kirby Superstar". The history mode is neat with it's random facts about what was going on during each point in the timeline. Each game has a preview video and if it's playable it looks like you can launch it from right there. Having Said that, It seems that Nintendo probably has code on this disc for GB emulation because it looks like it launches a separate app whenever you start a classic title. When I hit the home button it even had a manual available like any other wad normally does. So this game will probably be very interesting to the wii hacking community. As an anniversary game it's does pretty damn well. This is what all anniversary games should be like. I can imagine a CV anniversary game with all the pre-DS games available and a special Boss Rush mode that let's you choose any protagonist and all the bosses from all the games. That would be sweet... Oh, wait Serio pretty much already did that. Oh well.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
 They did it before with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but not with GB games. So its almost 100% sure that they did a "GB Virtual Console" only for this games, it will be usefuk because its possible to exchange the rom inside the *.wad and in the majority of times it will function perfectly.

Now for me its useless (the method that I explained, not the game), since you can simply download a GBA emulator for Wii and play all this games.

Now about the game, I plan to pick it in a near future since its a real new game, not a SNES game in a DVD (Yes Super Mario All-stars 25th, Im looking at you, they not even updated the copyright in the title screen)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »
Now about the game, I plan to pick it in a near future since its a real new game, not a SNES game in a DVD (Yes Super Mario All-stars 25th, Im looking at you, they not even updated the copyright in the title screen)

That is pathetic.

If there is indeed a VC for GB in Kirby then I don't doubt that someone will try to use it to create VC GB injects. It's true you can just use an emulator, but there is just something about having each game in a series all lined up in their own channels that SOME PEOPLE (me + Splatterhouse series) can't resist.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:04:50 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 05:50:14 AM »
How are the visuals on the GB games in the collection? I'm worried about blurred graphics.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 02:43:04 AM »
I didn't really notice. Looked as blurry as I would expect on the CRT tv I'm currently using.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything