Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ducktales Remastered announced (Capcom/Wayforward)  (Read 22635 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Ducktales Remastered announced (Capcom/Wayforward)
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:27 AM »
I've watched videos of a few levels, seems they kinda fixed the "everything looks plastic" look I saw in the early trailers. There's a lot of voice quips from Scrooge (I can honestly say it's gooood to hear Alan Young still spot on with the character as well as June Foray with Magica De Spell. They are both a nice part of my teenage years, June moreso my childhood from Bullwinkle reruns as Rocket J Squirrel. I learned later Alan Young was Wilbur from Mr. Ed.), Webby still gets on my nerves, and Scrooge kinda cracks jokes about Mrs. Beakley. Launchpad's VA is still as sharp as ever, but sadly the voice of Gyro Gearloose & Flintheart Glumgold has passed on, and Gyro's VA for some reason irritates me the little time I saw him on (you can't beat good old Hal Smith whether as Glumgold or as Otis the Town Drunk in Andy Griffith re-runs). I haven't heard Flintheart yet, I'd like to hear how he sounds, if they were able to find someone close to his voice at least.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2013, 07:09:40 AM »
It feels like game of the show of the game of the show.
This is a good thing.

I lost my lives at the Amazon in Normal Mode.  I need to sharpen my skills, as it's been a while.
LOVE the Minimap, love the voiceacting (even if it interrupts the game flow at times).

I've only heard the Amazon theme and I like it... but I probably would've liked it more if it maintained that jazzy swing the original had.
That probably means I will have to craft my own version. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
They've launched it today or what? I need to check this :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2013, 03:47:10 PM »
There's a map? What's the point? D: Does it point out all the secrets it something? Got all those memorized from when I was a kid. ;)

Beat the game on hard. Guess the thing to do now is replay and get enough money to buy every last extra. One more playthrough should do it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2013, 06:15:54 PM »
I can't beat the final climb.  Lava gets me. Man I'm out of touch.
Playing on normal.

But yeah, the rest of the game is quite nice. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
I've watched videos of a few levels, seems they kinda fixed the "everything looks plastic" look I saw in the early trailers.
They totally fixed the graphics. Even the 3D platforming models doesn't look so bad. The backgrounds really stand out as being awesomely good. I hear the guy that did the artwork for the cartoons worked on them.

So far, I haven't played it as much as I hoped to(other priorities), but I beat the African Mines. I've gotten to the boss of the Amazon but keep getting nerfed when it does the damaging pound. This game's challenging... in a good way. I can fully admit, just about ever mistake that has cause me to die was purely my fault. It's old school in that respect, you have to be patient when playing it and open your mind to enemy patterns and predict how to avoid oncoming obsticles. A lot of games don't do that anymore(it's all the "rush through the game as fast as you can, then quickly move on to the next thing/game"). I actually love the challenge. When you pass a stage(clear the boss), it feels so rewarding! ;D It's been a damn LONG while since I've felt like that with video games.

Hey WayForward... bring on Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers next!!!! ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2013, 07:58:52 PM »
Mickey Mousecapade, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck... you're up!
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
Magical's Quest trilogy!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
Slow down, y'all. Castle of Illusion comes out next month, let's see if that's any good.

I'm liking DT:R more now. Beat it twice, and it's taking longer than I thought to get cash. Just gonna have to spam the underground level I guess, lol. But honestly I'd rather just play the original.

Does 8-bit music get unlocked upon completing the game? I didn't see a notice for it, but I entered a code at the beginning and it gave me the feature, heh. Kind of neat, though why not include the original game?

Up, R1, Down, L1, Square, X at the Capcom logo
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2013, 06:43:19 AM »
Haha... I know that code.
That's the "Capcom Code" started in SNES's Street Fighter II games.

The original was Up R Down L Y B and it would let you pick the same characters on World Warrior. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
Played it, can't say that I like it too much, the story kinda forced its way in too much, it is a good way to tell a story..... but it needed less pauses.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2013/09/ducktales-remastered-coming-to-retail-in-november

Someone else thinks that its a big slap in the face of people that have spent more money to buy that DLC code-in-a-box edition?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
Little too late on the ACTUAL physical release, Capcom. I just know they'll use this as an excuse to never release the new Phoenix Wright physically. "SEE? Nobody WANTS retail copies!"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »
Thats a shame, since I like Phoenix Wright.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2013, 07:35:29 AM »
Why don't they just release the retail at the same time?
Now everyone already played it and it would be just a collection item.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: