Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 02:19:07 PM »
It has some problems, but the worst is the controls delay.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
The game's alright. I think Duck Tales Remastered's controls felt more tighter. There's something off about Castle of Illusions's controls. Other than that, the graphics are beautiful. The only other, non-gameplay gripe I have is that it doesn't feature arranged versions of EVERY song of the original, some of which were songs I liked a lot. Grant Kirkhope's arrangement was great though. The Enchanted Forest's main theme never sounded more Disney-esque and whimsical(even though he chose not to include that part in the song that sorta sounds like the Coneria Castle theme in Final Fantasy).

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 11:08:40 PM »
I'm digging this game a lot if just for the atmosphere, graphics, and music. It's also really fun to play and can sometimes be tricky to get all the gems.

No qualms with the controls myself, but unlike with DuckTales: Remastered, I'm not familiar enough with the original to bitch about them. Though what little I have played, the Genesis game is a little unforgiving with its controls, and the floaty nature of the remake kinda works nicely.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »
I prefer the original but that feeling was really bigger with Duck Tales.
This remake is a little more OK with me.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: