Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Seeking someone to rip 8-bit tile sets  (Read 2375 times)

Offline buijon

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Seeking someone to rip 8-bit tile sets
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »
A brief intro since I have been on hiatus for a few years.

My brother and I have been working on a homebrew on and off for several years now. I am trying to breathe life back into the project. At current, about 75% of the engine is done, 90% of the lesser enemies are 100%, bosses are all ripped and most are at least 20% programmed.

We are looking for help ripping the tile sets of the stages for Castlevania 1-3 so we can build our own stages from scrap. Tile ripping programs are not how we are doing it. I have full game screen capture maps that need to be dissected into tiles of complete objects, so either using Photoshop or the image program of your choice, it will take a sharp eye and and much cut and pasting. We have a full tutorial with examples set up for anyone who would like to contribute. It would be a HUGE help to the project and to get things moving again. As the project/creative director I will be working on stage designs and finishing up the lesser enemies while the tiles get ripped, then when they are done the stages can be fully built out. Expect to see 15-20 original stages, new gameplay features, and a whole lot  of craziness if I can push this forward. Oh yea, and a few musical and graphical surprises by TGMagus(Jorge Fuentes) !

If you are interested in helping out please don`t hesitate to contact me!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Seeking someone to rip 8-bit tile sets
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »
I can help. Check your PM.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything