Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: You know who I wish would come back?  (Read 24053 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »
Oh wow. looking through the art, i found this one just great. They not only came up with the neat design for that one Gate, but even came up with mechanics for how it works.

That says something. That there was some (IMO) enjoyment there in making these concepts and creating Gabriel's world. That he didnt just leave it up to "videogame/fantasy logic" but actually devised mechanisms for this shit.

EDIT: Should I just make a "lets talk about LoS' art" thread? I dont want to clutter this thread up too much with LoS talk...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:57:03 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 11:01:28 PM »
They also would've done things like that for GoW. That game has a lot more mechanics then LoS. It's almost as if the game were built around the mechanics themselves.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »
Well, we could take it to the LoS thread.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
They also would've done things like that for GoW. That game has a lot more mechanics then LoS. It's almost as if the game were built around the mechanics themselves.
I never played GoW, so I wouldnt know.

Well, we could take it to the LoS thread.
We could do that I suppose...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 11:14:28 PM »
Then let's do that.

(NOTE: You're not missing out much by not playing GoW. The game is just a mindless button masher. You can seriously beat everyone and everything by a repeated tap of the same button. It requires no skill or thought at all. You're fully upgraded not even halfway through the game so it's even more a breeze.)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 11:25:35 PM »
It really just never appealed to me. I find it just as overrated as Halo. (Well, maybe a bit less. I dont think anything can be as overrated as Halo)

*prepares for any incoming fanboy rage*

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
In all fairness, Halo's actually a good game, though. I don't think its over-rated. Maybe it gets a little more praise than it should, but that's about all.

On an on-topic note, wouldn't it be badass to see some art from the person who the art for the Japanese version of Bloodlines?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:20 PM »
Dunno... there really isnt any Bloodlines artwork for me to go on anything but the cover really.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »
Dunno... there really isnt any Bloodlines artwork for me to go on anything but the cover really.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »
I still question why they made Eric look like a woman when he's clearly a man. Heck I'd prefer the PoR Eric artwork over this any day.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
It's called Bishonen. Learn about it.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
I still question why they made Eric look like a woman when he's clearly a man. Heck I'd prefer the PoR Eric artwork over this any day.

That was clearly the point of it back when the game was released. Eric was intended to be a feminine type character, but clearly the guys who localized the game didn't like that and manlied him up. He's still wearing a skirt and no pants, but we all know by now that that's DAMN MANLY in Castlevania.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
God of War was a fun series to play, and LoS shares very similar gameplay mechanics, damn near identical. That said, I don't see how anyone can hate GoW but love LoS.

Quote from: Claimh Solais
The game is just a mindless button masher. You can seriously beat everyone and everything by a repeated tap of the same button.

I guess LoS is a mindless button masher too

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
It's called Bishonen.

I'm familiar with the Bishonen artstyle as I have read several manga titles depicting it. Shoujo I find is also very similar in style too. The Sailor Moon manga that I've read utilizes the Shoujo style somewhat.

Learn about it.

Uncalled for. Smarten up.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »
God of War was a fun series to play, and LoS shares very similar gameplay mechanics, damn near identical. That said, I don't see how anyone can hate GoW but love LoS.

I guess LoS is a mindless button masher too

Well, first off, you can beat everything by simply tapping the same button in GoW. At least I can, dunno bout anyone else. I can't really do the same in LoS. I actually gotta switch it up and dodge a lot.

I'm familiar with the Bishonen artstyle as I have read several manga titles depicting it. Shoujo I find is also very similar in style too. The Sailor Moon manga that I've read utilizes the Shoujo style somewhat.

You might wanna be a little more specific when saying "shoujo", as shoujo refers to a style of manga created for girls that features more detailed drawings with thinner lines. That doesn't really make it connect with bishounen too much.

Uncalled for. Smarten up.
Do not feed the trolls.

Tags: