Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Patashnik

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Chronicles
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 01:18:10 PM »
just finished the game a few minutes ago. pretty cool little game really. I will have to admit though I only just worked out you could strike with the whip diagonally while jumping like, 5 levels into the game.... urggh I can be such a derpmaster sometimes.. could have looked at the manual too as its right there.. even though I assumed they stopped the "whole attacking on eight dimensions" thing since Rondo of Blood,  not even clueing into the fact that CC is a port of the X68000 version circa 1993... urggh need to think of these things sometimes..

Anyway fun game, though felt slightly guilty that I exploited a few... blindspots (if you can call them that?) on some of the bosses ( I.E. I beat the doupelganger  really easily by just ducking in one of the corners and whipping away, oh and dracula's second form didn't fare any harder either, ...."cookie..cookie" .... >.>..) so might have to replay the game sometime to give myself a fair challenge....

Offline cmdood

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:32 PM »
If you watched markyjoe's LP then you'll know that the Medusa battle is one of the very few instances where the Knife is very useful.
Oh? Thanks. Admittedly i haven't used the dagger a lot thus far.

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »
I prefer it over Castlevania IV, mainly for it's difficulty, and for the fact that sub weapons are useful compared to IV.

As for it's soundtrack, it's hit and miss for me. It has awesome tracks like both songs in stage 6, and it has rather crappy one like the stage 3 theme. Though, the Theme of Simon couldn't have been done better.

Offline Patashnik

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 05:54:38 AM »
I thought that the arranged versions of some of the tracks where pretty sweet

a good contender for what constitutes for good music on the game  ( imho at least ) is the arranged version of Thrashard in the cave.. the jungle/ liquid dnb undertones are simply ... eargasmic =D

Soundtrack - Castlevania Chronicles - Thrashard In The Cave

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
Great game and the arranged soundtrack is one of the best in the entire series.  Thashard in the Cave is fucking amazing!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 03:47:05 AM »
If you watched markyjoe's LP then you'll know that the Medusa battle is one of the very few instances where the Knife is very useful.

I dunno... in my book, anything the knife does, the cross can do better.

A holy water, at least a double shot, and some violent flailing works wonders on her, I found out when I panicked once.

I prefer it over Castlevania IV, mainly for it's difficulty, and for the fact that sub weapons are useful compared to IV.

As for it's soundtrack, it's hit and miss for me. It has awesome tracks like both songs in stage 6, and it has rather crappy one like the stage 3 theme. Though, the Theme of Simon couldn't have been done better.

The worst is fucking Stage 5 (Tower of Gears or some shit). It's like the soundtrack to waking up with heartburn.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:52:09 AM by Munchy »

Offline Patashnik

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
I dunno... in my book, anything the knife does, the cross can do better.

A holy water, at least a double shot, and some violent flailing works wonders on her, I found out when I panicked once.

The worst is fucking Stage 5 (Tower of Gears or some shit). It's like the soundtrack to waking up with heartburn.
I kind of liked it myself but yea I can see why some people would not.. as it does drone on abit....

I think the main reason for at least worthy mention from me, would be it just suits the intensity of the level, like a ongoing struggle that won't stop, apt as it suits the theme of the level well ( time being endless and cogwork constantly at work)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »

Crap, now I'm gonna think about that whenever I play that stage. That's pretty hilarious, though.  ;D
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
I thought the Tower of Gears theme fitted the stage rather well.   Also Moonfight is much better in this game than it was in DXC.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
I thought the Tower of Gears theme fitted the stage rather well.   Also Moonfight is much better in this game than it was in DXC.

I'll grant that it fits the tension of the stage well, but I can't hear the song and not think of unpleasant bodily malfunctions like a stomach flu or something.

Now I want someone with Fruity Loops to recreate this song with fart sounds. Jorge, do you take requests?

Offline Patashnik

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 05:24:40 AM »
sounds like something in the same vein of what AVGN did to the legend of zelda theme..
at least it would get your point across on how insufferable the tower of gears music is,... I could'nt help myself but associate the AVGN fart music to most of the dubstep repertoire and every single David Guetta track.. ( Opppp.... personal agenda alert >.>).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:16:14 AM by Patashnik »

Tags: