Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vampiria Art  (Read 12095 times)

mgfcortez

Re: Vampiria Art
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 08:52:42 PM »
well being humble is what makes him so good i guess ;D
i've never seen nothing better than what he makes.
i still have all his old stuff saved to a cdr from his old website.
i'm always blown away by his stuff,and it being darker just makes it better ;D
Thaddeus is proof that iga has never came to these boards.
because if he ever did he would have a job like that!
keep up the great work man :o

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 11:02:18 PM »
Still, I'd love to see this finished. Vampiria is one of the most original fan games I have seen thus far.

-Keep it up ;)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 08:27:42 AM »
Now this is what i call a master piece!!! Keep up the good work!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 09:06:49 AM »
Hey Thaddeus, do you remember about me? :D Anyway, great work. All the sprites, tiles for the background and that artwork for Andros are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. Keep it up!

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
Hi, Gemini. Thanks for the compliments, all.

Update: A lot of progress has been made this week. An entirely new area has been designed and I must say I believe it looks better than my previous stage artwork. We've incorporated the help of another sprite artist, to help me with character/enemy animations. So far he has produced very positive results.

This saves me a lot of headache, since now I can devote most of my energy to tiling and stage development and not worry about spriting so much.

The hero has undergone some drastic changes. No more is he an obvious edit of official art, but uses entirely original animation frames. Standing, walking, attacking, and running, jumping, crouching, etc., etc.

The whip has been officially removed as the primary weapon. The hero uses an assortment of different weapons. While the game looks similar to Castlevania, we want to deviate as far away from Konami trademarks as much as possible, for obvious legal reasons.

I don't think I will post anymore screens publicly, as not to spoil anything, but for those of you who would like to see new art (spoilers), just send me a PM and request it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 03:40:23 PM »
Any chances we (or if you think that gives away too much, just me through PM) can get an animation of the main character walking or strutting or running?

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 04:06:14 PM »
Sure, check PM.

[edit] The walking sprites are a collaborative effort on the behalf of myself and our spriter. Jorge Fuentes also contributed some modifications to the frames, which, improved them even more IMO. The frames are not finished, though. They still need some refining.

[edit, again!] BTW Ringo sent me a rough but playable demo of the train stage in action. It all came together quite nicely. It's starting to feel like a real, original video game. Lots of scrolling layers. ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:17:25 PM by Thaddeus »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »
Wow it looks, nice, it could do with more frames... that though depnds on the amount of fps you're gonna have in your game. It does looks really nice though.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
Wow it looks, nice, it could do with more frames... that though depnds on the amount of fps you're gonna have in your game. It does looks really nice though.

Thanks and I agree; they've done a wonderful job on the sprite. It has 8 walking frames, which I believe is what Richter used in Rondo. I may add a few more here in a bit, just for the purpose of seeing how it would look.

I don't want to go overboard with detail or put too much pressure (work) on our spriter(s). I like to pace myself. It's easy to become overwhelmed with a project like this.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »
it could do with more frames
Really? As Thadd mentioned Richter used 8 as well, it's only the obscenely animated characters like Alucard that get 16. And the hero doesn't have a cape or anything so I don't think that many frames would be required.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »
In Reply To #25

Its probably just me, probably cuz I've seen so many high frame rate stuff for some time recently. But like I said, it really depends on how many frames per second your game will have.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »
Hehe, DoS' Julius frame walking looks like incomplete...anyways...so nice who a demo is..can you post screens Thaddeus?

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »
I'm almost done designing second playable character. The train stage is almost finished, too. Enemies are being designed and they are coming out better than expected.

If anyone wants a glimpse into all that plus a prototype of the first boss, send me a PM.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »
Woops, I almost forgot. The gameplay has changed a lot. The secondary hero will have a lot of neat abilities now (like being able to sneak up on a human enemy and fillet/run them through Solid Snake style!). It's unusual for a 2D sidescroller game, but it should make for some great death animations. Enemies' heads can be randomly cut off, their torsos cut in half. Ultra violence. Aside from swords we are also throwing in a Thompson sub-machinegun (to help against the human enemies, who also have guns, in the initial areas). Definitely a more mature theme.

Again, new screenshots may be available by private request, but they're kinda spoilers.

OH and we've almost got the story worked out.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:26:47 PM by Thaddeus »

Tags:

anything