Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: EXOSQUAD  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: February 26, 2012, 02:20:20 AM »
mofoz. I've been watching the sheeznit out of this show. I remember seeing it as a kid and thinking it was really cool, but for whatever reason I only ever caught a few episodes. I think it might have played during the same timeslot as some show I preferred, like Batman. BUT THANKS TO THE MIRACLES OF DVD AND THE WORLD WIDE WEB, I've been able to see this show for how brilliant it really is. Super smart writing for a kid's cartoon, and it's amazing how many people die in like every episode; they don't try to sugarcoat the horrors of war, and they get away with so many off- and sometimes on-screen deaths that shows like Batman and X-Men were never allowed to do (although Batman Beyond had numerous implied deaths).

I just love it. So cool. Animation could be better at times, but when it's good, it's real good, and you can sense a bit of an anime influence at times (same with Batman, especially the episodes directed by Kevin Altieri). Go watch that shit if you haven't. Free on Hulu (even if the streaming quality for the show licks nuts; a season two DVD set better be on the way).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
If you want killing on-screen, watch Gargoyles. Season 1 was full of it (medieval battle), and Season 2 had the episode where Demona turned everyone to stone and walked through the smashing human statues to rubble. And Dr. Sevarius's death, albeit a staged one, was effin' graphic! I was like, "Holy shit they did not just show this on a Disney made-for-TV cartoon!" i know Disney movies had on-screen deaths and still pulled off a G rating (Beauty & The Beast and The Lion King are the two that readily come to mind), but their TV shows never had death in them.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
I haven't seen Gargoyles in forever but I remember it being pretty rad and also having smart writing and deaths 'n' stuffs.

I actually bought the first season of that several years ago but have yet to actually watch it, lol.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:30 PM »
I dont remember the show but I remember the toys quite well

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:16:55 PM »
Fuck yeah Exo-Squad! Loved that show. The historical tidbits it had, like in the first season comparing human collaborators to the Vichy regime in WWII, were *great.* Amazing stuff for a kids show.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: