Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dr Wily returns... Hell freezes over... Megaman 9...  (Read 39085 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Dr Wily returns... Hell freezes over... Megaman 9...
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2008, 02:11:57 AM »
In Reply To #48

Most of the Mega Man games on MMAC also were PSX titles at one time in Japan, the games were retitled Rockman Complete Works 1-6, apparently RMCW had more options in the option menu, but not all options carried over to the MMAC collection.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »
In Reply To #48

Most of the Mega Man games on MMAC also were PSX titles at one time in Japan, the games were retitled Rockman Complete Works 1-6, apparently RMCW had more options in the option menu, but not all options carried over to the MMAC collection.

yup and I hate how it never got a release outside of Japan with as big as rockman is in the rest of the world as well. Seeing the old games rereleased for the PS1 when it was at it's peak would have been tight. No reason to make us wait another 8 years.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »
FIRST FOOTAGE!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=48628

Feels very Megaman 2 for some reason...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »
In Reply To #63

wow it really is a brand new oldschool game thats fuckin awesome. Why dont more companies realize this shit still sells? *glares at konami*

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 01:58:14 PM »
In Reply To #63

wow it really is a brand new oldschool game thats fuckin awesome. Why dont more companies realize this shit still sells? *glares at konami*

Konami, may I remind you, made Contra 4 possible. And that game actually had good graphics.

TRON

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 03:57:01 PM »
Konami, may I remind you, made Contra 4 possible. And that game actually had good graphics.

And in good Contra tradition, it is extremely fking hard to beat. Playing Contra 4 in hard mode will make you a man.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »
In Reply To #66

True, though after a ton of playthroughs, I can now regularly beat the game on Hard without using continues.

Just the other day I managed to clear Hard mode with 17 lives in tow, and with only one death to speak of. (one of the projectiles from the fish boss miraculously managed to get through my upgraded Spread Shot...)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:24:51 PM by corneliab »

TRON

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »
Well, Rockman 9 IS coming, but not only to WiiWare, but PSN and XBox Live Arcade too.

Trailer:
http://www.high-scoreonline.com/archives/899

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:27 PM »
^

THAT is one KICKASS trailier!!!!!, and this game looks like it has everything that made the other ones so epic including it's own unique superbly konami level of quality soundtrack!!!! It reminds me of being six againa nd popping in megaman 2. And I'm so glad it's not just coming out for WII as I'd probably have to resort to an online purchase at  this point if I could even find one close to it's retail price. I've been thinking about getting a PS3 and this clenches it, I HAVE to have this game.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »
^

THAT is one KICKASS trailier!!!!!, and this game looks like it has everything that made the other ones so epic including it's own unique superbly konami level of quality soundtrack!!!! It reminds me of being six againa nd popping in megaman 2. And I'm so glad it's not just coming out for WII as I'd probably have to resort to an online purchase at  this point if I could even find one close to it's retail price. I've been thinking about getting a PS3 and this clenches it, I HAVE to have this game.

That's funny.  Buying a PS3 for an 8-bit game?  :P

I wonder...  If its going to be available through PSN --would that not also make Megaman 9 available for PSP?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2008, 03:19:39 AM »
In Reply To #71

ya know the newest model psp has video out plugs on it so you can just hook it up to a tv. I played SoTN from DracX Chronicles like that for about... 12 hours straight.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
In Reply To #71

ya know the newest model psp has video out plugs on it so you can just hook it up to a tv. I played SoTN from DracX Chronicles like that for about... 12 hours straight.

That's good news, thanks. I'll get rid of my old big one immediatly then as long as I can get a reasonable amount of cash for it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »
^

Yeah if this were made in the 80's the boxart would have probably totally looked like that.

Tags: