Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: PoR Hard Mode Lv. 1 Tips  (Read 6951 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
PoR Hard Mode Lv. 1 Tips
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:20:17 AM »
Here are some tips for hard mode lv. 1 in Portrait of Ruin.

Main game:
-Equip good items. High defense works well, along with the Magus Ring.

Richter mode:
-Use Maria for most bosses. Her attacks are spamable and since you die after a hit or two, it helps to kill things quick.
-Use Richter's Grand Cross as a shield. Works well when the Vampire sisters are using the giant ice crystal.
-Use Richter's whip as a shield. Spin it to block projectiles. Works well against the ice blizzard attack.
-Spam super jump with Richter in the right corner of the boss room with The Creature. Maria will beat the crap out of him from behind and he won't be able to hit you. He will ignore her.

Sisters mode:
- Try not to stay off the ground too long. You don't want to be stuck without magic.
-Use Lorreta mainly, she attacks really quick.

Old Axe Armor:
- Hold up and he will raise his axe. Anything touching it takes constant damage.
- Avoid anything you can. He isn't strong and has no partner.

Maria only mode (glitch):
-....spam, and get as far as possible.

All Modes:
-save often
-if attacking doesn't work, switch characters or use sub-weapons.
-learn the special combos. They are pretty usefull. Example: Jump and press down + L to make Richter do a backflip.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:56:48 AM by Ed Oscuro »
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Hard Mode Lv. 1 Tips
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:04:57 PM »
You forgot the most important thing.

For all games: May God have mercy on your soul....you may be tempted to kill yourself buy trying the lvl.1 cap.

Sure it's all fun and games until Richter laughs at your feeble damage and ends you in 2 hits. Or better yet when all you see on Brawner is 9 dmg when you hit hit him with the alucard spear. I dont want to even imagine fighting drac and death.

But yeah, thumbs will bleed and joints will burn. Also, dont underestimate Charlotte's spells, they work wonders.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Hard Mode Lv. 1 Tips
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »
Im stuck on Brauner in Richter mode. I think I have to hit him 600 times.

Drac and death shouldn't be too hard in the first part at least. Then all hell breaks loose.

The fights are all really fun though.
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:48:44 PM »
Well there's always the ancient armor. It gives you enough defense to withstand up to 12 hits, even on level 1 cap.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: PoR Hard Mode Lv. 1 Tips
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 03:57:17 AM »
Remember to put the game name in the title...there's a bunch of CV games with a hard mode + leveling system, after all

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:17 AM »
If you have finish the hard mode Lv.1 with Jonathan and you want to do the same with the other characters for getting the bonus stats also for them, you don't have to play the hard mode Lv1 with them to obtain the extra stats.

All you have to do is to select a new game plus with Jonathan and at the difficulty selection screen, press B button to go back and choose a new game with the character that you want. When you'll start the game with that character, the bonus stats from jonathan and map coverage, they would have been transfer to that character.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »
In Reply To #6

Im pretty sure that is just a glitch. I don't think you get the bonus for beating any of the other character's hard modes. The only way to get the bonus stats is the way you described. Kinda like the Maria only glitch.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »
In Reply To #7

I wasn't able to finish the hard mode Lv1 with any other character except Jonathan. So if they are able to gain the bonus stats the other character or not by beating the hard mode Lv1, i don't know it. But this is a way to make them even more powerful, so glitch or not i like it.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 08:02:01 AM »
When you guys play the Level 1 cap mode with Jonathan, are you starting from scratch or keeping your old equipment?  I made the mistake of starting from scratch and it just gets infuriating right from the start.  I've made it about two save rooms past the Leviathan, and that's where I gave up.  The Leviathan alone took forever because you can't take a single hit from him at that point in the game.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:04:11 AM »
In Reply To #9

Im not playing Jonathan till I beat it with Richter. Im pretty sure they all die with one hit by most stuff. You have to learn the attack patterns of everything. I don't even want to think about the nest of evil...

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 04:40:46 PM »
When you guys play the Level 1 cap mode with Jonathan, are you starting from scratch or keeping your old equipment?

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 12:54:53 AM »
Also, i never used any spell or sub weapon until i obtained it.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »
Wait...how COULD you use something you hadn't obtained?

Well i meant to say "till i obtain it again" since you carry the sub weapons and spells over from the last game. For the the spells in the store, since you cant buy them again, i just unrestricted 2 after each panting or so. (i can't remember if the other spells that you find return in hard mode so i may have done the same thing.)

Another tip: Ice needle is a very good defensive spell. Works wonders on large, slow targets...i think i used it on death and it was farley affective...though i might be confusing this with that fire demon boss from DoS. doesn't hurt to try.   

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:58:23 AM »
So has anyone actually started from scratch in hard mode level 1 cap?

Tags: