Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CellPhoneVania  (Read 32055 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007, 04:51:15 PM »
I finished the game the other night, and I like it better than some of the existing games! It's pretty good for a cellphone game!
How is this possible!

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Re: CellPhoneVania
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2007, 11:07:12 AM »
In Reply To #77

Perhaps because he judged it for what it was: a cell phone game, and didn't bash on it for not being with amazing DS graphics, sixty-plus hours of game play (okay, overstated, but whatever), and everything else that people have been pissed about.

DoctaMario, good for you. :) Glad to see someone can enjoy it!

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »
In Reply To #78

Thank you sir! ;) That's precisely it. You can't expect a cell phone game to have the depth of a console or even a hand held game. It's just not gonna happen! But for what it is, OoS is a great game! IT's fun, it's got good graphics, good music, and even some semblance of a story!

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »
In Reply To #79

I could easily see this as being a great game if it was on handheld or console, with a more fleshed out story.

I think the story was cool, the main hero was an awesome homage to Kid Dracula (the hair), and there was hellova lot of depth to the items and things that could be aquired. And I really liked the music too. :)

Steve

« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »
I judge games as games.  No game should be dealt lenience just because of its platform.  And by that meter, Order of Shadows is a crappy, loathsome excuse for a game.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
In Reply To #81

O_o... you logic leaves me with much puzzling contemplation, sir.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »
In Reply To #81

It's a cell phone game. It's not MEANT to compete with anything on the DS or whatever. It's meant to pass a few minutes while waiting around for a friend or something.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »
In Reply To #81
I agree. Let's look at an example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1_0FeidLDOw&mode=related&search=

That's God of War: Betrayal for cellphones. That game literally shits on Order of Shadows, AND it's in 2D.

Why can't CV games be like this?

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2007, 03:34:10 AM »
In Reply To #84

Why can't they be like that? Because CV games are CV games, and you should know what to expect by now.

I don't understand why some "fans" are even here if all they tend to do is bitch about every game, sans the very few they enjoyed.

And yes, I bash out PoR and CotM, but at least I gladly play them all. They just...suck compared to the rest of them.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2007, 04:39:43 AM »
I was just comparing the amount of quality put into this game & other games, while CV remains stagnant (at the moment).

But whatever, people still enjoy it so it doesn't matter.

mgfcortez

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2007, 06:52:06 AM »
well it's only $5 so you know what they say you get what you pay for :P
but i know it'd be cool and gladly pay $5 for it.
but don't have a cellphone.lol
i need to find someone who'd rip cellphone game and send them to me and i could give him the money to buy it :P
that way i could play them on my pc i'd love to get god of war and castlevania :'(
but no pc buy and download :-\
oh well sucks but hopeful they'll end up on a torrent one day ;D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2007, 07:47:50 AM »
In Reply To #87

I like the way that you are thinking!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: