Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ARCANA HEART 3 finally coming PS3/PSN in North America (Aksys)  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: ARCANA HEART 3 finally coming PS3/PSN in North America (Aksys)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »
If Arcana Heart was not competitively viable, then people would not play it but as a matter of fact they DO (Even more evident by the fact that Arcana Heart already had showing at EVO 2008 = EVO World 2008 Arcana Heart match casuals Mei-Fang (Lightning) vs. Master Chibi (Fiona) (Wind) )Anyone who is actually somewhat competent and knowledgeable about fighting games would know that the game's true depth lies in the actual details of the core gameplay mechanics, framedata, etc and not on the basis of the games appearance.
Well... Remember we are in a Castlevania forum and not at SRK.com or Eventhubs.com, so people maybe has different likes for games, different from people of the fighting games comunity... It not enough reason to judge a game just for how it looks, but you can not expect people who plays fighting games casually knows about stuff like Hit Boxes or Frame Data... Some people like some games while others doesn't...

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
Well... Remember we are in a Castlevania forum and not at SRK.com or Eventhubs.com, so people maybe has different likes for games, different from people of the fighting games comunity... It not enough reason to judge a game just for how it looks, but you can not expect people who plays fighting games casually knows about stuff like Hit Boxes or Frame Data... Some people like some games while others doesn't...

It has nothing to do about liking the game. It's about trying to judge a game without playing it.

Unless your trying to tell me a person who watches a video of a game will have a better understanding of it then the person who has the actual controller in their hands?

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
It has nothing to do about liking the game. It's about trying to judge a game without playing it.

Unless your trying to tell me a person who watches a video of a game will have a better understanding of it then the person who has the actual controller in their hands?
No, no, no... What i mean is: Not all people like tha same kind of games... Maybe he don't really like fighting games in general no matter how good or bad looks or how good or bad the gameplay is... And i'm not trying to defend anyone, i'm just trying to make my point... Like me, I just HATE FPSs no matter if is a game like Black Oop with millions of sellings awesome reviews a how much other people play it, w/o play it i know i dont like it and i don't think it's a bad game... But i just like Action/Adventure, Fighting and JRPG games... So we can't not expect to all the people likes the same kind of games, specialy on a forum dedicated for a totaly different game

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »
I apologize if I insulted anyone by insulting this game, but it's just how I feel about it. A fighting game with fucking animé-clichés up the ass & squeeling KAWAII girls jumping around that pander specifically to otakus isn't going to get me excited, no matter how "deep" the gameplay may be. Clayfighter for the SNES might have the deepest fighting mechanics of any fighter. I wouldn't know, because the overall design & presentation just turns me off. Chances are i'm not gonna try a game if it doesn't appeal to my tastes (with few exceptions).

Quote from: OmegaDL50

Everybody judges games without playing them, all the time. I'm sure you've done it yourself to some degree.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:50:22 PM by Crisis »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 02:22:54 PM »
here's a great video showing many great ranked match moments someone put up on youtube!  ^-^

Arcana Heart 3 Funny and cool moments in ranked

It really is soooo amazing!!! and having Arcana Heart 1, I am more hyped with how Arcana Heart 3 evolves and improves the fun, unique and winning formula! The story will be better than before, and the online will be superb too!  ;D

Tags:

anything