Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Armikrog – new game by EWJ dudes  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: June 11, 2013, 01:43:30 AM »
+1
Some of the game designers and animators on Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood have got a Kickstarter campaign going for a new stop-motion/claymation point-and-click adventure game they're working on and it looks GREEEAAAAT. So throw in twenty bucks or so, wouldja?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:10:52 AM »
Just one more day on this, with less than $100,000 to go (plus an additional $50,000 stretch goal to get Wii U development).

So if anyone was thinking of jumping in, please do so now and spread the word, ya heard?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
Last post I'll make pushin' this, heh.

The goal has been met. Woo!

However, the $50k Wii U stretch goal hasn't. I really would like to have this game on the Wii U because they intend to use the touchscreen gamepad for FUN THINGS.

Come on, folks. Throw in. Y'know y'wanna. A professional, cartoony, creator-driven adventure game like this doesn't come along often.

ARMIKROG - Debut Trailer

Armikrog — Seize the Clay!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:47:46 PM »
I'd love to back this, but I'm dirt poor at the moment. Currently on the job hunt.
I hope it succeeds though. It looks really cool, and I love point and click adventures.It's also been a while since I've seen any new media done with claymation. A WiiU version would be awesome!
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 03:11:37 AM »
For the love of Mike Nelson, throw in a buck!

Armikrog -- Kickstarter Q&A with Michael J. Nelson
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 07:25:12 AM »
Haha! I threw in $3.  ;D

They're really close to the stretch goal. Less than $100 left.

Edit: They made it!
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 08:06:33 AM »
omigod.

I LOVED The Neverhood.

And it's been like 15 years.

I can't believe some one would ever make a similar game today.

This is amazing.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
What's more, because of the success of this campaign, Doug TenNapel made a call to the rightsholders of EWJ and Neverhood to try and get the properties back in the hands of the creators. I've never played Neverhood so it would be nice to see a GOG release.

WAY excited for Armikrog; glad it met the Wii U stretch, woo! I like having more reasons to justify eventually getting the system, ha ha.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 01:40:55 AM »
Neverhood was a fantastic game. The animation and soundtrack were smooth, original and really ahead of their time in 1996. 

The only downpoint of the game was that some of the puzzles were hard as hell to figure out, and the game doesn't bother to give you any hints. I hope they'll fix it in the new game.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything