Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Titanic. 100 years.  (Read 2460 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »
It's Titanic week for those whom don't know yet. When come April 15th it'll be one hundred years since the greatest ocean liner met with disaster and sank, taking with her the lives of over 1500 people. The Ship hit an iceberg on the night of the 14th of April and on the morning of the 15th at around 2 AM she slipped beneath the waves. For me this ship, her legacy and more is all very personal to me. I have mentioned here before that I became aware of my having a past life regarding the ship and that I also died on that very night too. In many ways I'm glad I don't remember as I would no-doubt be traumatized in some way, however my cell memory is another story all together. Of course I'm not the only one who would think this ship personal. I'm sure there are some people here on this forum whom also share this as well. My first introduction to this famous ship started back in elementary school in grade 3 I believe. Upon hearing about it for the first time it then became somewhat of an obsession. I would draw this ship many times over, even though I just glanced at the pictures I would draw her vividly as if I were there. My mom even recalls about how I told her to get from the engineering deck to the bridge without access to the blue prints which quite surprised her. The only thing I dislike right now is James Cameron's take on the Titanic. The story I feel is a Blatant insult to the ship and her legacy. A story that's concentrated on three fictional characters that have no relevance to the actual history of the ship and a fictional jewel to boot. To make things even more insulting was the love triangle. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks love triangles are even remotely romantic needs to be institutionalized. Someone always gets hurt in that triangle business and it's really sad and pathetic (did I already mention I'm really personal when it comes to the Titanic?). But the Titanic is more then just a tragic story. It's about the loss of so many people that could have been prevented had man's ignorance not played its hand. It also helped ushered in the modern age that we now take for granted. But even in these modern times we are encroaching on a similar disaster. Class separation (third class also known as steerage) is now the third-world countries where people are starving in the millions. The first class as those at the top; the height of power and world fame who unfortunately dictate what goes on. If this political and social system isn't brought down and replaced with something far more stable and equal amongst the masses then it's only a matter of time before the whole of the earth (Titanic) hits another iceberg.

But for now I wish to remember those who are dead and the survivors that recently passed away. What is it about the Titanic that holds some sort of spell over you? Professional? Personal? It can be anything you believe to be relevant.

I was born Dec 28, 1979 and passed on in the night of April 15th, 1912. (I raise my glass to my former colleagues and shipmates) Here's to you lads. *Clink*
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:06:06 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:13:47 PM »
+3
Glad to hear you got better after dying on the Titanic.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:43:44 AM »
Hmm. That is interesting, X. I have never heard anything quite like it. What fascinates me about the titanic is how it was like? What were the conversations the people were having onboard? What kind of entertainment were they receiving? What did the passengers do for a living? A hundred years ago people's interpretation of the world was different altogether. Britain still ruled half of the world, America was only a rising power, while nobody could have imagined the emergence and rise to power of the Soviet Union, the terror of two world wars or the downfall of European monarchy. Interesting time indeed.   
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »
Glad to hear you got better after dying on the Titanic.

I was spared I guess you could say. Although the hypnotherapist I talked to said that one of her other clients suffered from reoccurring nightmares. He currently lives in Vancouver BC and I've never met him. Apparently When he went under hypnosis it was reveled that he was one of the two wireless operators on the Titanic.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
Interesting, interesting indeed.

I myself, while I dont consider myself to have had any sort of past life related to boats of any kind-

Always did find the story of the Titanic fascinating. I think MANY people really find it fascinating for some reason, and many probably couldnt tell you why. They just are. Its one of those things that just fascinate people due to it's scope, it's backstory, it's details. And the fact that it's wreckage still lies at the bottom of the sea, eerie and rotting.

I mean, it had this fame as "the greatest ocean liner of all time" and "designed to be unsinkable", and in just one night, on it's maiden voyage, Man's arrogance was rewarded with the doom of almost all aboard.

the sad thing is, it's "anti sinking" system, WAS a well thought out system which in any other normal situation, would have worked-

It had those lockable chambers which could be locked off in the event of a hull breach. Unfortunately however, the gash went all across the side, and was very long and rendered them practically useless and ineffective.

I always found the Titanic interesting. It's even more amazing seeing those minisub/subrobot documentaries on the Ship, which goes in and about the sunken vessel comparing areas to their original designs and such.

Another reason I think people find it so intriguing is probably the sheer scale of the ship, I mean, it was pretty huge, the biggest at the time, if Im right, until the Britannic upped it later.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:30:05 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 12:10:43 AM »
In the sequel to the Dracula novel (which is okay/good), there's a mention of the Titanic.

(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:41:37 AM »
It was a very interesting surprise to read about the Titanic's role in novel. Though brief we all get what's going to happen after she leave's port.

Well this is the day. At around 2:00 AM this morning the great White Star liner slips into the sea. This piece of music is the final one ever played by the band that was aboard when she sank.

Titanic - Nearer my God to Thee - Titanic Violin [HQ]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:42:08 PM by X »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
It's scary. You can see the titanic wreckage on Google Earth now. I myself would like to go down there and see it.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: