Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1048619 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2670 on: June 28, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
I've just listen to the tracks and i can say that they remind me a crossover between PoR and CoD. Not bad, but also not really what i was hoping for. I've been expected something more dynamic, glorious. Oh well, only time will tell.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2671 on: July 01, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »
did they say if whips are going to be as commonplace to get compared to swords (not counting swordwhips)?   weapon progression should be pretty balanced between whips and swords so people that want to specialize with one of the types isnt stuck having to use the other category of weapon just to be up to date with stats/dps.

there could be leather whips, chain whips, razor whips, flame whips, energy whips.   

the IGAvanias had a habit of favoring swords more than whips. maybe Bloodstained will be more generous.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2672 on: July 01, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »
I hope for eight way whipping and why is it that a demo for bloodstained is better than mighty no.9. Like how, why?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2673 on: July 02, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »
Fun Fact: Bloodstained updated the Metroid formula with us barely noticing.

If there be a new 2D home metroid game, I hope it's a twin stick shooter style similar to Miriam's bullet shard.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2674 on: July 03, 2016, 03:46:21 AM »
Now that I got my new computer, I finally got around to playing the demo. And I gotta say... I'm really enjoying the feel. It feels familiar enough to the previous Igavanias for the nostalgia factor, but different enough to not be considered a cheap Castlevania rip-off. In fact, I'd say it plays better than almost any of the Igavanias so far (almost). Not to mention the dynamic cutscenes are a joy.

I can't wait to see more of this game.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2675 on: July 03, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »
after the ship reaches the castle, not sure if there is a area before the castle entrance, I don't mind if a cutscene bridges the ship arrival with the entering of the castle.
though maybe there's, well it seems like from the castle art, right to the water's edge, there seems to be steps leading to the entrance, so it doesn't seem like an island where the castle is deep within a forest or something like that.  its like the island is exclusively holding up a castle and not much terrain outside of that, which is pretty cool, that means more areas dedicated to the castle interiors. 

maybe the castle start and progression won't be so linear. they can still have a plot that unfolds without needing to have a specific sequence to watch certain story related cutscenes/conversations before the castle becomes less linear.   Well it becomes more nonlinear as progression is made anyways, but it would be cool if they took some tips form the original Resident Evil 1, where you can explore the house in different ways and trigger story events in different sequences, with more unlocked doors and accessible rooms than the RE Remake which basically forced the playthrough to have to go through one path on the west wing before the east wing is explorable beyond 2 rooms.

and Bloodstained ROTN could have better beginnings having its first castle bosses beatable in any sequence.   that would give people greater first impressions of exploration and ways they can progress differently and stuff.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2676 on: July 03, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
Listened to all those tracks and they're not bad. Except for Cursed Orphan which still is one of the most horrible Castlevaniaesque tracks I've heard in my entire life. All the right ingredients are there, yet I wanna tear my ears off whenever it comes on. The violin (is it?) is pure torture.

The other songs may sound a bit too familiar if you've played IGAvanias for the past 15-20 years, but it's still good music  :)

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2677 on: July 03, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Listened to all those tracks and they're not bad. Except for Cursed Orphan which still is one of the most horrible Castlevaniaesque tracks I've heard in my entire life. All the right ingredients are there, yet I wanna tear my ears off whenever it comes on. The violin (is it?) is pure torture.

Cursed Orphan's the one composed by Ippo Yamada.  Kind of an outlier compared to the rest of the rips, and not because it wasn't composed by Yamane; definitely sounds more abrasive and cluttered in comparison to the rest of the tracks.

On more positive news, I'm kinda fond of the Unknown track.  Wonder what level it's going to end up in when the final game comes out?

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2678 on: July 03, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
Cursed Orphan doesn't really bother me...in fact I kinda like it.  I haven't actually listened to the tracks though so...I should go do that.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #2679 on: July 03, 2016, 12:58:16 PM »
I haven't kept up with Bloodstained's development as well as I should have, but did they ever state who the other playable characters were? I'm guessing Zangetsu would be one of them (I really hope he's one of them), but there were like... two other playable characters, right?

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2680 on: July 03, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »
Well, I finally played the demo.  It's pretty much what I expected; nothing more...nothing less.  My only real gripe is the controls feel a bit floaty and slow to respond.  Perhaps this will be tightened up as development furthers.  All in all, I look forward to the final product. :)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #2681 on: July 03, 2016, 05:57:35 PM »
My only real gripe is the controls feel a bit floaty and slow to respond.

I somewhat agree on this, but considering this is a 10% done demo, I'm sure it'll be polished up by the time the game is done.

Also, anyone else think the backdash sends you a bit TOO far back? I've experimented with it a lot but backdash-cancelling attacks just seems useless on smaller enemies since I can't hit them with the second attack.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #2682 on: July 04, 2016, 04:44:34 AM »
Cursed Orphan's the one composed by Ippo Yamada.  Kind of an outlier compared to the rest of the rips, and not because it wasn't composed by Yamane; definitely sounds more abrasive and cluttered in comparison to the rest of the tracks.

On more positive news, I'm kinda fond of the Unknown track.  Wonder what level it's going to end up in when the final game comes out?

In the unknown track, at approx 1:40-ish, you can hear bells. Makes me think this could be a clock tower type of level? Maybe. And yes, I'm kinda fond of that track too!

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2683 on: July 04, 2016, 05:59:13 AM »
I haven't kept up with Bloodstained's development as well as I should have, but did they ever state who the other playable characters were? I'm guessing Zangetsu would be one of them (I really hope he's one of them), but there were like... two other playable characters, right?

Why yes I am thank you ;)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Tags: