Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont Tree  (Read 36862 times)

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Belmont Tree
« on: October 05, 2007, 12:04:59 AM »
http://www.geocities.com/action_fence/tree.PNG
Okay so I got bored and decided to do a Belmont Family Tree.
Take into account a few things before harsh criticism.
1) Yeah, I know it's ugly
2) I added the canon and the non-canon
3) With non-canon in play, and with no other sources to help, either Zoe, Dolores, or Desmond are parent to Simon, thus the short line above Simon.

Yay for no life and Ubergeekdom.

EDIT:  Only problems I had with the non-canon is:
1) There is only one Vampire Killer whip, so how did Schneider and Graves each have it?
2) (Not really a problem but...) The reason that Quincey Morris didn't kill Drac with a whip is cause Victor Belmont had it, and at some point gave it to John Morris.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:53:07 AM by actionfence »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 05:05:41 AM »
Isn't lisa's last name farenheights?
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Belmont Tree
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:04:21 AM »
In Reply To #2

I don't remember.  It's been forever and a day ago that I played Symphony, but everywhere that I looked up information from, just call her Lisa, with no last name.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:37:41 AM »
In Reply To #1
Graves and Shnieder both had it because neither are canon.  And Victor having the whip messes with the continuity of the Belmont's not being able to use it until 1999.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

VoDkA

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »
In Reply To #1
Graves and Shnieder both had it because neither are canon.  And Victor having the whip messes with the continuity of the Belmont's not being able to use it until 1999.

...except when they DID have it, they WERE in canon. 

Let's not forget that the whole 1999 thing didn't come about until AFTER IGA got control of the series...which means using a "chicken before the egg" argument doesn't work so well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
ooo its a nice one. Clear and all. Just wish it had pictures, maybe the ones taht Jorge made, if he would allow it.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »
You forgot to put Lydie Elranger with Juste.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »
You forgot to put Lydie Elranger with Juste.

Oooh, thank you... Haven't played Harmony, really yet.  Time to edit again.  And I found a place I need to fix anyway.

EDIT: Actually I just asked him to use his work, and he gave me permission, but, ya know, I think I'll just draw, to keep the inconsistancies(sp?) down.  Where I'll have a pic from him, then a pic from the comic, then a pic in the anime
style, then a pic... you get the picture.

EDIT 2:  Well, got the first 2 Belmonts done...

Didn't have the attention span to do a third tonight.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:40:45 PM by actionfence »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 05:39:16 AM »
In Reply To #1
Graves and Shnieder both had it because neither are canon. 

Actually, it's been stated that the whip Graves uses is not the true Vampire Killer whip. Don't ask me how, but I've read it in several places.

Schneider is Richter's grandson (I would guess by a Belmont daughter) if you go chronologically. If you're gonna use Sonia when she's not officially canon, then you might as well have him in there too.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 07:13:29 AM »
In Reply To #8

damn dude those drawings are sweet. Good job and nice idea of using your own for the timeline so it all matches in style.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »
The reason people say Graves didn't have the Vampire Killer is because everywhere in the game his whip is called "The Hunter Whip".

And Victor is the one who messes up the continuity not Jonathan... Victor's game got cancelled!  IT NEVER EXISTED IN THE CONTINUITY!  So no, IGA did not mess that up.

And no, I don't think CoTM was ever meant to fit into the canon of Cv.  It is pretty obvious that the team decided to just make a really fun game with the same setting and atmosphere of the other games, without consulting the timeline at all.  I LOVE CoTM... but anyone who thinks it ever really even tried to fit into the canon storyline is just fooling themselves.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:12:45 AM by Jerkofwonder »
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »
Indeed, the pics you drew are awesome! I didn't get what you meant by inconsistancy since Jorge drew like all the characters and such...... (or alot of them aleast.) So why would you need to get things from teh comic?

And yea.... Cotm had nice atmosphere and art.

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 11:30:36 AM »
Being this is all theory, and in the first post I stated that I was putting the non-canon hand-in-hand with the canon, and having new information brought to my attention...

Reinhardt Schneider is Richter's grandson. Richter had at least 2 children.  One being a daughter who married Michael Gelhart Schneider, they had a son Reinhardt Schneider before the other of Richter's kids had a kid, giving the Vampire Killer to Reinhardt.  Reinhardt going by chronological order would be Victor's uncle. (yes I know Victor's game was cancelled... But he was still created, and this is afterall a fanfic type thing.)  Reinhardt not having a kid, hands the Vampire Killer off to Victor, Victor being the coward he was (taking information about him, not the game) Victor just holds onto the Vampire Killer until hearing of Quincey Morris' problem with Dracula. When Victor finally makes it to Quincey Dracula is already dead, and Quincy is dying.  After the funeral Victor hands the whip off to John, telling him of the lineage of the Belmonts.  Then the Morris' have the whip until Julius has need for it(until Konami decides to change that).

The Morris' had to have split off a while back, being Quincey didn't have any idea what to do about Dracula.  Either split off way back or his family didn't want to talk of the Belmonts or Dracula.  Every family has a black sheep.

And in confusion to Post #11
Who said IGA messed up with Victor and Jonathan?
And I know the game got cancelled, but that doesn't change the fact that the character was made.
I said that there was non-canon in this.
And thanks for pointing out that Nathan had the "Hunter's Whip"

Responding to Post #12
From the comic I would need Illyana Riktor, I would need Serena from Haunted Castle, Zoe and Dolores from Order of Shadows, Lydie Erlange from Harmony of Dissonance, Lisa from Symphony of the Night, Camilla from Castlevania 64, Annette  from Rondo of Blood, Morris from Circle of the Moon, Victor from Castlevania Resurrection, (and if there is even a source picture of him) Michael Gelhart Schneider (Reinhardt's father)

EDIT: Depending on the responces I get... Should I show the Tree with Reinhardt a direct grandson of Richter, or have the Schneiders a split family off of the main tree?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:54:38 AM by actionfence »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »
The Morris' had to have split off a while back, being Quincey didn't have any idea what to do about Dracula.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 02:13:48 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »
Also, you forgot Charlotte Aulin, who is a descendant from the Belnades clan.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if she was or not.

And about the Bloodletting characters, I wasn't sure if Hanz was a Belmont or not, and arent the other 2 just Richter and Maria?

Tags:

anything