Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: pruning accounts here?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline LightningLockey

• A:\ format C:
    • Awards
pruning accounts here?
« on: November 01, 2007, 03:19:18 PM »
Hello,

I normally don't post unless there is something I'm interested in.  Today I've discovered my account was deleted, is this place pruning old accounts?  If so, how often?

Normally I come here and just read stuff.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: pruning accounts here?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »
In Reply To #1

IGN set up a new forum for us, so some old stuff got wiped out. Feel free to try using your old name, if you're not right now.

Offline LightningLockey

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:42:28 PM »
In Reply To #2

Oh I loathe IGN, they screw the simplest of things up!   Thought I was rid of that scum.

I had to re-created my old account.  When asking for a password, I got an error saying the account didn't exist or e-mail didn't exist.

Well thanks for the info.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:12:59 PM »
Well, one of the IGN folks put a lot of work into the new Forums, and they work pretty well...even though outdated, SMF (the board software) seems nicer than the new IGN boards, most of us thought - with the exception of the ads that show up all the time.

Choices, choices...eh, more like tradeoffs :p

Offline LightningLockey

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »
Well, one of the IGN folks put a lot of work into the new Forums, and they work pretty well...even though outdated, SMF (the board software) seems nicer than the new IGN boards, most of us thought - with the exception of the ads that show up all the time.

Choices, choices...eh, more like tradeoffs :p

That is why there is firefox and adblock plus (though I've heard of adblock plugins for IE)!  Unless the ads are purely text based, I don't see them.  The net is much cleaner and I haven't had an adware problem since I got firefox and adblock plus over a year ago.

EDIT:

Btw, they must have cleared out a lot of stuff, your post count is majorly down and I don't see your old avatar 'cleaning up the forums'.  Can you please put that back?  Though it was funny.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:06:12 PM by LightningLockey »

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »
In Reply To #5
This is a whole new board. The old board was abandoned because of the shitty upgrade. Everyone had to start from scratch, none of the old data could be imported.

Tags:

anything