Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mavi Marmara- A celebration of hypocrisy  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
It's been more than a year since the so called Gaza flotilla raid or the way most Israelis remember it, the Mavi Marmara incident.
I wouldn't have mentioned it, if I didn't view it as a turning point (to the worse) in my country's history, and such a perfect example to the hypocrisy, lies and hatred spread around the world about my country.

So, the details first.

On May 2010, the IHH, a Turkish Islamic humanitarian aid organization, has organized six ships carrying aid to the people of Gaza, who were under a blockade imposed by the IDF.

Hop! Wait a minute! Flashback.
Let me tell you how this blockade started. On 2007, following a violent conflict in Gaza between the movements of Fatah and Hamas, the Islamic movement Hamas has seized control of Gaza strip; Fearing a massacre, most Fatah supporters, Christians and foreigners fled from Gaza into the West Bank. Hamas has illegally seized control over Gaza and controls it until today. Hamas is a not a political movement; it's a radical Islamic terroristic movement who gained political control in Gaza. Its government is illegal and is not supported by any state in the free world. It actively spreads racist, anti-Israeli and anti-American propaganda, and supports violence and murder of (mainly Israeli) civilians.
Such a dangerous outcome could not be accepted by any state, so the government of Israel has declared a blockade of goods into Gaza strip, in order to prevent Hamas from gaining weaponry and weaken the illegal government as well. Any products delivered to Gaza were to pass an Israeli inspection.

Getting back to the story. The Turkish ships planned on breaking the blockade, which they viewed as illegal and immoral. The organizers of the flotilla planned to avoid the IDF border guards and port in Gaza.
The ships' passengers, claiming to be peace activists, declared they won't show active resistance in case they're intercepted by IDF.
On May 31, 2010, the ships, led by MV Mavi Marmara were met by Israel's naval corps. Israel proposed inspecting the cargo at the Port of Ashdod and then delivering non-blockaded goods through land crossings, but this proposal was turned down.
Israeli forces then raided and seized the Gaza-bound ships in international waters of the Mediterranean.

5 of the ships only presented passive resistance, but it seems like the passengers of Mavi Marmara had a different plan.
A small group of commandos dropped to the ship from helicopters. As they didn't expect active resistance, they were armed with paintball guns and only concealed handguns for self-defense. They were immediately surrounded and outnumbered, attacked by passengers with metal poles. 

The surprised soldiers were severely wounded, two of them were thrown off deck, and one of them was stabbed and abducted. One of the soldiers' handgun was taken away from him.

The situation was getting out of control very quickly. The naval commandos had to take an action before it was too late. They have called for reinforcements, and the commandos were given permission to use live rounds for self-defense (some say, a bit too late). Nine Turkish activists have been killed in the battle that occurred on board the ship, before IDF finally took control of it. 

The incident led to great outrage and protests against Israel.
Turkish prime minister Erdoğan condemned Israel's actions, calling them criminal, and called back the ambassador of Turkey from Israel, consequently destroying the relations between Israel and Turkey.
He declared that his country will not restore diplomatic relations with Israel until the government apologizes for the incident and pays compensation to the families of activists killed on the ship.

Apologize, mister Erdoğan? Apologize for what?
*For the legal, internationally supported blockade on Gaza?
*For intercepting the ship which intended to break the law?
*For fighting off thugs disguised as peace activists?
*For defending the lives of our soldiers and stability of our law?

You, mister Erdoğan, are a hypocrite.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Mavi Marmara- A celebration of hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16:41 PM »
Nice. More political unrest in the middle east when what they should be doing is pulling themselves together and work towards a brighter future. But of course hypocrites, despots, dictators and religious extremists all stand in the way. When will these hypocrites become extinct? Hopefully before I die as I would like the honor of burying them personally. Just like Samuel Donbay did with those that tried to kill him.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Re: Mavi Marmara- A celebration of hypocrisy
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »
I think both sides need to back off for a bit.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:19:19 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Tags:

anything