Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975338 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #585 on: May 10, 2015, 09:40:37 PM »
Why does it have to be 2am when the live stream starts in my country....
I might catch the latter third, maybe that's the point where they'll do the announcement for a KS.
I hope they put time stamps on the recorded version so that I can just pick and choose what to watch. I am particularly interested in the IGA interviews.

Gebel.
I found it to be a weird name.... Did a google search and came up with this:
https://www.houseofnames.com/gebel-family-crest
So it's a surname.

Fun fact: googling Gabel Family Crest shows a crest with a moon on it...

Perhaps for a vampire? ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #586 on: May 10, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »
Humm, got a question. After 41 pages of this thread has no-one thought about how this is not a Castlevania game, yet it's being discussed in the General CV section rather then in Gaming 101? Just thought I'd throw this in there  :-\
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DonBorrelli

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #587 on: May 10, 2015, 10:25:48 PM »
Humm, got a question. After 41 pages of this thread has no-one thought about how this is not a Castlevania game, yet it's being discussed in the General CV section rather then in Gaming 101? Just thought I'd throw this in there  :-\

Well, I guess it's because the original post by Igavania was posted here

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: May 10, 2015, 11:24:32 PM »
Well, it might not be officially named Castlevania, but it will be Castlevania in our hearts.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #589 on: May 10, 2015, 11:30:02 PM »
What worries me with all those similarities is that Konami decides to take action against IGA's game.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #590 on: May 10, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »
What worries me with all those similarities is that Konami decides to take action against IGA's game.
There have been dozens of Castlevania clones though, and Konami will probably continue to invest their focus in Lords of Shadow anyway.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: May 10, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
There have been dozens of Castlevania clones though, and Konami will probably continue to invest their focus in Lords of Shadow anyway.

This is assuming they want to keep making games, and it seems to be a resounding "no" sans Metal Gear.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #592 on: May 10, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »
+1
This is assuming they want to keep making games, and it seems to be a resounding "no" sans Metal Gear.
They want to completely drop out of the console market, and IGA said Konami's continuing focus on casual software is what led him to quit the company.

Also, inside man appeared on /v/ again, dropped some new tidbits of info:
"There may be plans for "social" elements and "freemium" content. Hopefully tomorrow shows otherwise."

"- 2.5D
- Story takes place during Industrial Revolution, church worried that demons will invade if science prevails
- NotShanoa, NotJonathan and NotAlucard are the characters I saw."

"Yamane is in. So is the main programmer from the GBA/DS games. I believe he directed Harmony of Despair."

"Miriam's hair is dark brown. Shoulder length. Don't recognize the artist, but reminded me of OoE. Miriam is the protagonist."

"From what I've seen, it looks like OoE in 2.5D."

"From what I was told, drops are used for crafting skills and items. Seemed like Aria/Dawn with a middleman step."

"Okay, I'm done for the night. Last bit of info is that Fangamer is doing the merch."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:17:11 AM by OSM »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #593 on: May 11, 2015, 12:01:32 AM »
anyone find it ironically foreshadowing that Gabriel in LoS became Dracula, as so did IGA once donning a Julius-like appearance now dracula-like?
coincidence? I think not... aliens

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Sir Nicko

• Formerly Soma Cruz
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #594 on: May 11, 2015, 12:32:55 AM »
Goodnight my brothers! Can't wait to discuss with you all hopefully tomorrow! Really home this turns out cool.

IGAsan, your army has arrived ;-)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #595 on: May 11, 2015, 01:06:51 AM »
"There may be plans for "social" elements and "freemium" content."

No pls noooo ;-;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: May 11, 2015, 02:20:07 AM »
Industrial Revolution...
= hehehe nice timeline. also the timeline of the new AC game

NotShanoa, NotJonathan and NotAlucard
= hmmm... IGA's going for his dream game ala Drac's Curse. Maybe there's a NotGrant?

Yamane
= Oh yeah!!!!

"There may be plans for "social" elements and "freemium" content."
= Oh god.... please no. What's with all those freemium content nowadays? Back in the day, games were shipped out whole and complete.

And... I'm expecting this forum to explode in about 8 hours.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:25:03 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #597 on: May 11, 2015, 03:01:34 AM »
I just hopped out the bed super early like the game was revealed and I come to find out it wont be revealed in another 8 hours.

Great, now what am I gonna do for 8 hours? ???

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: May 11, 2015, 03:10:49 AM »
I just hopped out the bed super early like the game was revealed and I come to find out it wont be revealed in another 8 hours.

Great, now what am I gonna do for 8 hours? ???

Either you sleep again or play some Castlevania games.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #599 on: May 11, 2015, 03:18:17 AM »
Lol, I got up early too, don't feel bad.  I'm drawing, waiting in my daughter to wake up so we can start our morning routine.  :P

As for the new tidbit info and thank you OSM by the way for it:

I will reserve judgement on it being 2.5D until I see it.  I normally don't mind it and DxC looked good, considering it was a PSP game.  I just hope it looks better than MN9 does (unless that took a turn for the better).  Obviously not expecting NSMB levels but still.

Everything else sounded find until we got to Freemium.  Depends on the level.  Like I can stand MKX levels, where the goal/items can be achieved with (arguably a little unfair extra levels of) grinding.  Or it's extra content that isn't necessary.   I just don't like It when it's 'pure freemium' I guess: free 'game' with like one stage and character and the rest of the game has to be nicked and dimed out.  I really hope it isn't the latter.  :-\

Tags:

anything