Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848789 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2445 on: June 06, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Check the last few pages. He also showed an extended version of the debut trailer that featured a voice clip and artwork piece of Alucard. I can't find it on the web, but it is on the 3DS' eshop.

I liked his presentation, it was very well-spoken. Unlike another guy there...

It was well spoken at least Cox does not need a chain weapon at work right  ;) Bad joke no one laughed at that.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #2446 on: June 06, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
Would you say that Gabriel is no longer Gabriel anymore after giving up his humanity and becoming Dracula?

I think Gabe still has a soft spot for certain things, but the lifestyle he's lead and the tragedy he's faced has really gotten him bitter and spiteful right now, so what does he care for the lives of a few hundred men who mean nothing to him when he thrashes them? Now, what will be interesting is seeing his interaction with Trevor/Simon. Here he's got his son and grandson, who know nothing about him, fighting what they think is a monster vampire who killed Marie. What will really be the test of how much humanity Gabriel still has will be his interactions with these two men, who are basically the only family he has left. Will he be the total evil asshole and shrugged them both off, not knowing them and not caring? Or will he try to connect?

Let's be fair, all vampires aren't heartless. Laura proved that.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2447 on: June 06, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »
Im gonna dust off my Twitter account and ask him. 

Cool I would ask him my self but I don't have a twitter.(yet)

I think Gabe still has a soft spot for certain things, but the lifestyle he's lead and the tragedy he's faced has really gotten him bitter and spiteful right now, so what does he care for the lives of a few hundred men who mean nothing to him when he thrashes them? Now, what will be interesting is seeing his interaction with Trevor/Simon. Here he's got his son and grandson, who know nothing about him, fighting what they think is a monster vampire who killed Marie. What will really be the test of how much humanity Gabriel still has will be his interactions with these two men, who are basically the only family he has left. Will he be the total evil asshole and shrugged them both off, not knowing them and not caring? Or will he try to connect?

If I was Gabriel I would be like cool I am a grandad and have a family moment and stuff not try to kill them ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:27:24 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2448 on: June 06, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
Cool I would ask him my self but I don't have a twitter.(yet)

Just tweeted him, now we wait for the response.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2449 on: June 06, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »

of course, i mean look at Edward & BellaLouie from Interview with the Vampire

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2450 on: June 06, 2012, 08:27:03 PM »
I tweeted him yesterday complaining about the QTE's. >.>
Well, not complain, just small gripe.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2451 on: June 06, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
if Alucard really did not start out as Trevor, i'd rather find out that Alucard was a human who was turned by Dracula, rather than a son from another woman.  kind of like how Laura calls Carmilla "Mother".  of course, there's that whole reflection in the sword thing that'd have to be explained if that was the case.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2452 on: June 06, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
I tweeted him yesterday complaining about the QTE's. >.>
Well, not complain, just small gripe.

I remember that I was looking on his twitter for more information yesterday just kill the undead hordes right Jorge?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2453 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
+1
New avatar  ;D

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2454 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
I can't get into twitter. 500+ messages per second aren't really for me.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2456 on: June 06, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
i think i'm just gonna accept Alucard =/= Trevor for now and go on being happy.  then when i play the game, and find out Alucard really IS Trevor (or an alternate universe version of him or doppelganger etc), i'll slap myself on the forhead and groan, just like i did when i found out that Gabriel really does become Dracula.

not time to tune out though.  gotta wait until the game comes out before i start ignoring stuff for fear of spoilers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:38:25 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2457 on: June 06, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
(click to show/hide)

nice little pic
(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2458 on: June 06, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
+3
i wonder who the artist for this game is o.o;

i would've loved to see Masaki (OoE's artist) to return. such is the fate of mortals. I'm sure some dark force was behind Cox transformation, but that doesn't matter now.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2459 on: June 06, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »
5th Ending FTW!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....? 

anything