Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848535 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3165 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
Metroid is just as dead as Castlevania, if not even more. I mean, at least Konami released some albuns for Castlevania 25th anniversary, Nintendo didn't even said nothing about Metroid, lol.

This all comes from the fact that Metroid other M sold FAR below Nintendo's expectations.

It still till this day has yet to even sell close to 1 million which is pretty darn bad by Nintendo's standards.

So its obvious why a company as money motivated as Nintendo would just completely disregard its anniversary since its last title was a major flop.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3166 on: June 27, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »
This all comes from the fact that Metroid other M sold FAR below Nintendo's expectations.

It still till this day has yet to even sell close to 1 million which is pretty darn bad by Nintendo's standards.

So its obvious why a company as money motivated as Nintendo would just completely disregard its anniversary since its last title was a major flop.

While Lords of Shadow sold not only over a million, but was a best selling action game at that time. it sold more than other m, vanquished, enslaved, majin and the forsaken kingdom, and some other games at that time and it had little to no publicity to boot other m, vanquished, and even enslaved had comercials to help boost sales, Cv-los only had commercials in japan. So this time cv wins  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3167 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
While Lords of Shadow sold not only over a million, but was a best selling action game at that time. it sold more than other m, vanquished, enslaved, majin and the forsaken kingdom, and some other games at that time and it had little to no publicity to boot other m, vanquished, and even enslaved had comercials to help boost sales, Cv-los only had commercials in japan. So this time cv wins  :)

CV SHIPPED 1M, that's the last official number we have. Shipped != Sales to consumers (even though to Konami, they're the same thing). I really doubt it really SOLD above 1M, the only one we know that made this was COTM, which we had NPD numbers.

And please, don't quote VGChartz numbers here. They're made up and fake.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3168 on: June 28, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »
+4
This is what happens when you hand over gaming's strongest female character to a dumbass who makes his living on the objectification of women.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3169 on: June 28, 2012, 06:24:02 AM »
I enjoyed Other M, but it's definitely NO Super, or even Fusion, or even Prime.
Prime series rocks (even though I haaaaaate Echoes).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3170 on: June 28, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »
I enjoyed Other M, but it's definitely NO Super, or even Fusion, or even Prime.
Prime series rocks (even though I haaaaaate Echoes).

I agree. They just made some decisions that ruined the feel of the game. First and foremost not having health pickups felt too different, as did being forced to use first person mode to use missiles, and the sometimes too Ninja Gaiden -like jumps.

EDIT: Also, there was no fucking reason to redesign the Power Suit from what it was in Super Metroid if the whole idea behind the power up system was the deactivation of her existing equipment immediately proceeding the events of SM. For a story heavy game like this they should have at least mentioned a reason for the changed designs.

*Get equipped with [ON TOPIC]*

These are similar to the issues I had with LoS when compared to the rest of the series, only Other M kept the basic feel of Metroid better I think.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:29:48 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3171 on: June 28, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »
I definitely liked some of other M's ideas, and I had no problem with the Adam authorizations. I mean, she was on a Federation ship, with a Federation crew present, therefore, since she wasnt actually hired and instead went on her own due to the distress call, she was allowed to stay as long as she followed his rules.

the ONLY instance of badly thought out execution of that point though, was the Varia suit, and the Gravity suit.

But as a prequel to Fusion, it wasnt too bad, I loved the Cameos of Ridley, (the one who's corpse would later appear in Fusion) and Nightmare.

back to MoF though.

Uh, yeah. whips. And stuff.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3172 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »
CV SHIPPED 1M, that's the last official number we have. Shipped != Sales to consumers (even though to Konami, they're the same thing)
Cox said in the interview that LOS was the best selling Castlevania game. I believe he have more detailed information about the issue.
So, yes, as of now LOS - is the best selling (or the most profitable) Castlevania game ever. Sad for some people.  :rollseyes:

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3173 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
This is what happens when you hand over gaming's strongest female character to a dumbass who makes his living on the objectification of women.
I think Itagaki quit Tecmo before that. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if Yoshio Sakamoto lost a few screws in his head before he started writing for Other M.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3174 on: June 28, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
At least Samus was nice too look at(and the controls were very good except the first person stuff) :)  . I liked her beauty spot and her short hair grew on me  ;)  , but that kind of attitude she had seems more suited to a prequel rather then the sequel to one of the best games of all time even though I have never beat it  :-[

Also anyone remember the x-play review?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3175 on: June 28, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180244

Following the incredible success of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow which was developed by Mercury Steam, KONAMI will also be showing a playable version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate, which will be available in autumn exclusively for Nintendo 3DS™. Set 25 years after the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, it reveals the story of Simon and Trevor Belmont and their personal fight against Dracula. During the stunning action title, players take on roles of several different characters and can use a variety of strategic fight elements within the game’s unique setting, which features both high-resolution 3D Polygon graphics and sidewise scrollable game layers.

MoF will be at Gamescom, perhaps we'll see some new info and a new demo.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3176 on: June 28, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »
I liked her beauty spot and her short hair grew on me  ;)
the fact that sakamoto once remarked about being the only person who knew where samus's beauty mark was before other m's release was pretty creepy and probably a glaring red sign.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3177 on: June 28, 2012, 02:28:24 PM »
the fact that sakamoto once remarked about being the only person who knew where samus's beauty mark was before other m's release was pretty creepy and probably a glaring red sign.

Really only he knew huh? I never even knew she had one till other M  :o  A red sign to failure thernz?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3178 on: June 28, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
Man that is hella creepy.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
« Reply #3179 on: June 28, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
+1
ANYWHO... to get this thread back on track

Check out this 27 minute gameplay footage of the demo, you can actually hear the music very clearly in this one and it sounds like they just took the Lords of Shadow OST and stuck here. Disappointing:

Castlevania: Mirror of Fate - 27 Minutes Full Demo footage
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:27:42 PM by Johnny Alucard »

Tags: .....?