Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849007 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3420 on: July 31, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »
+4
Please, take control over your imagination. It's runing wild again.
I am not turning it into anything. I am merely stating fact, that main opposition for the LOS is mainly consist out of fans of "metroidvania / IGAvania" style. Or at least it looks like it, 'cause in debates about gameplay and atmosphere LOS is mostly compared to "metroidvania" games, rather than classics. Maybe because it's closer to the classic games and arguments of LOS-haters people who have a certain disliking of the LOS for various reasons, wouldn't hold much weight in that case...

Don't be ridiculous. Cox said himself that Lords is supposed to be set in a pre-Castlevania world so even the developers disagree with you. Also, please don't go around fueling your IGA feuds by posting inflammatory comments (with no factual basis at all) just because you got a stick up your ass about his games. I've seen plently of people compare Lords to the series as a whole (like they should) and still come up with the conclusion that it's something entirely new. Unfortunately for you, that makes it your word against mine.       

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3421 on: July 31, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »
+1
Please, take control over your imagination. It's runing wild again.
I am not turning it into anything. I am merely stating fact.

"Fact"... you keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

You say 'fact' when you mean 'observation'.  You follow your statement immediately by saying 'that main opposition for the LOS is mainly consist out of fans of "metroidvania / IGAvania" style. Or at least it looks like it, 'cause in debates about gameplay and atmosphere LOS is mostly compared to "metroidvania" games, rather than classics.

I don't mind a little debating in the forums, but you continue to come back to this one point, over and over, and you seem to be trying to derail all conversations to talk about it.  There is no point to what you're doing and by now it just seems like you're trolling the boards on purpose.  You're being an ass.

Your warning level is still up for this reason, so you're still on thin ice.  But it seems you do not care.
Choose your words carefully from now on.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3422 on: July 31, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
But here is my question yes Los is the best selling CV game, but is over a million sold even that much of an accomplishment now adays?
Nope, and that's why LOS is a big acomplishment for the series in the long run. It set a new bar for the series and the next games must be not worse (if different in the style).
As far as I remember, during pre-release days of LOS many people said that LOS didn't received pretty much any coverage anywhere.

Also, please don't go around fueling your IGA feuds by posting inflammatory comments (with no factual basis at all) just because you got a stick up your ass about his games
It seems you try to provoke me to rude response, that I will not do, since after all you are Lady and it goes against my core principles to be rude to the women and because I don't buy this kind of provocations.
Besides, I genuinly like AOS and OOE, and consider them one of the best Castlevanias in the series. I said that many times about, but most likely you don't care.

I don't mind a little debating in the forums, but you continue to come back to this one point, over and over, and you seem to be trying to derail all conversations to talk about it.  There is no point to what you're doing and by now it just seems like you're trolling the boards on purpose.  You're being an ass.
I stated my observation without rudeness and without any intention to provoke anyone to debates of any kind. Seems you getting too precocious with this kind of discussions, blowing on cold water.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3423 on: July 31, 2012, 12:27:44 PM »
+1
Sure would be nice to get something new soon, my interest is starting to dwindle the more impressions I hear about this game.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3424 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »
Gamescom is happening in a few weeks, so were bound to get some new media by then. They have to at least show Simon in action by then too, they can't just keep showing Trevor till the game comes out.

Alucard and Gabriel will most likely be the last shown, probably around TGS.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3425 on: July 31, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »
Yes, LoS got more things shown at GC after the E3, so MoF may have some new cool things to deliver.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3426 on: July 31, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
I stated my observation without rudeness and without any intention to provoke anyone to debates of any kind. Seems you getting too precocious with this kind of discussions, blowing on cold water.

Actually, I'm responding to genuine forum posters complaining about you via PM.  Again.  Considering that you've been on watch for months now, you should be behaving like a boy scout on these forums.

And I asked you to choose your words carefully and you chose... to respond with that.
I'll see you in a few weeks.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3427 on: July 31, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »
Alright, I'll take the hit for it but I just have to say it: Sumac, you're a pretentious asshole who literally can't comprehend the concept of proper debate or proper debate etiquette. Why you infringe your immature basis of argument on anyone here at the board when let's face it, it's obvious that barely anyone wants you here anymore (due to you again, acting like a complete asshole), is beyond reasoning and comprehension.

Jorge wasn't even being rude to your or trying to 'bait' you: he was literally telling you to stop derailing the topic and borderline trolling. It's not that hard to comprehend so stop trying to make it something it wasn't, more so in your pompous and borderline disrespectful tone.

And also, as a fan of LoS, please stop defending it. You're making us fans look like rapid, unreasonable morons, with your constant and asinine proclaims that any and every fan that dislikes or states something negative about the game are 'IGA fanboys' and it's gotten redundant, immature and outright stupid. 

If you can't actually argue and debate about the game like a logical person and in a less condescending manner that doesn't want to make people literally face punch you, then just do us all a favor and stop.

There, rant out. Sorry Jorge, I'll take whatever I have coming.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3428 on: July 31, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
+1
While your outburst is understandable, please direct your insults to people using PM, or report the posts to the moderators.
Outright insulting the posters is against forum policy, regardless of whether the insult is warranted or not.  You're getting the standard 30% "Watch" warning.  Rules are rules.

Besides, as you can see from my response, he will not be posting for some time.
Sumac will be back in a few weeks.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3429 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »
Yes, LoS got more things shown at GC after the E3, so MoF may have some new cool things to deliver.

This is certainly what I'm hoping for. It's pretty close to when it's coming out right? (In October?) So hopefully we'll see more on it real soon.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3430 on: July 31, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »
Mirror of Fate looks more and more promising every time I go through the screens and trailers and whatnot and view the minor details. There isn't a single CV title I've played that I didn't enjoy, and I'm pretty sure that from what I see, MoF is gonna range up there at the top 5.

Hope some Simon and Alucard gameplay comes out soon, since Trevor looks like a major LoS!Gabe copy, and let's be serious here. It's not like we haven't seen a lot of him.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3431 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »

Hope some Simon and Alucard gameplay comes out soon, since Trevor looks like a major LoS!Gabe copy, and let's be serious here. It's not like we haven't seen a lot of him.

Yea it seems like they are trying to "save the best for last" with not showing Simon or Alucard in action after all this time.

If I had to guess, Simon will be the next to be shown since his gameplay will not be "to" different from Trevor's I bet since they both still use whips (although Simon's will be different) and they both are Belmonts.

Now Alucard is one I am sure a majority of the fans are waiting to see because of the fact that he will be using a SWORD as opposed to the whip that has been used by Gabriel and now Trevor and Simon.

His gameplay will be very different based on that if you ask me, and being able to use vampire powers like transforming into mist will also make it very interesting to play as him.

And lets not forget his CVSOTN fame that will surely bring a lot of people in. ;)

Most fans are pretty pleased with this look for Alucard since he doesn't appear to be that different from his previous appearance from the original series which is a great thing.

Needless to say, after the whole Cornell,Olrox, and Brauner deal in LOS, I was pretty worried that if Alucard was in a future LOS game they where going to make him look completely different, glad my worries regarding that subject where put to rest.

Now my only question regarding Alucard and his gameplay is,

1.Will he be able to get different weapons?
2.Will he be able to turn into a wolf or Bat?
3.Will he be playable in LOS2?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3432 on: July 31, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
On Alucard, I think it's likely he'll be getting around 3-4 weapons AT MOST, if any at all. Cox seems very insistent on his thoughts that MoF is NOT a Metroidvania title. I know we can expect a great deal of his powers. Looking forward to seeing mist again if it does make an appearance, just cuz I like the concept of it.

Who here wants MS to include alternate costumes for the playable cast? Like their appearances from the original universe? Simon's original CV1 outfit, Trevor's CoD outfit, and Alucard's SotN outfit? It's unlikely they will do that, but I think it'd be pretty awesome, and let's face it. The Snake "costume" in LoS was a poor excuse for an alternate costume.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:21:17 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3433 on: July 31, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
Cox seems very insistent on his thoughts that MoF is NOT a Metroidvania title.

That actually has  little to do with the "metroidvania".

I could understand the comparison if I suggested a level up feature for the character or weapons or if I suggested he be able to break open walls and find those weapons, but I only suggested him getting more weapons which could be given to him after he beats a boss or found by him once he reaches a new area of the castle.

Him having more than 1 weapon doesn't scream "metroidvania" to me since titles like Devil May Cry aren't "metroidvanias" and yet you are still awarded weapons after beating a boss.

I doubt many would call "metroidvania" on the notion you get a weapon after beating a boss or getting to a new area in the castle.

Now if those weapons are in breakable walls or sprawled out in random places across the castle THEN you can call "metroidvania" shenanigans lol.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:41:06 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3434 on: July 31, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
it's funny how people still use the term metroidvania in 2012 all the time despite the fact there hasn't been a REAL Metroid-"Metroidvania" (2D Samus running around) in quite some time
the map layout/gain new abilities style doesn't belong to metroid anymore... still better-sounding term than "castleroid"

that said, it'd be awesome if Trevorcard had nunchaku weapon

Tags: .....?