Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848669 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3435 on: July 31, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
You could always do what I do and say "exploration style". You know, how you would describe Castlevania 2. No difference between that and SotN.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3436 on: July 31, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »
+1
Alright, I'll take the hit for it but I just have to say it: Sumac, you're a pretentious asshole who literally can't comprehend the concept of proper debate or proper debate etiquette. Why you infringe your immature basis of argument on anyone here at the board when let's face it, it's obvious that barely anyone wants you here anymore (due to you again, acting like a complete asshole), is beyond reasoning and comprehension.

Jorge wasn't even being rude to your or trying to 'bait' you: he was literally telling you to stop derailing the topic and borderline trolling. It's not that hard to comprehend so stop trying to make it something it wasn't, more so in your pompous and borderline disrespectful tone.

And also, as a fan of LoS, please stop defending it. You're making us fans look like rapid, unreasonable morons, with your constant and asinine proclaims that any and every fan that dislikes or states something negative about the game are 'IGA fanboys' and it's gotten redundant, immature and outright stupid. 

If you can't actually argue and debate about the game like a logical person and in a less condescending manner that doesn't want to make people literally face punch you, then just do us all a favor and stop.

There, rant out. Sorry Jorge, I'll take whatever I have coming.

Alright people, time to take a breather, go play some Cv (whatever your fancy), possibly go get a beej, and then sleep it off.

And Surmac, you kinda went full-retard there, son. You never go full-retard. I've been there before and take it from me, it's a regretful place to be. Heed my advice. Take it like a man, and deal with the short term ban. And don't let pride get in the way. We all say dumb things from time to time. :)

Make something good of this time, and instead of fuming about the ban, do something I've been planning to do. Make a Lords of Shadow Scenic Views FAQ. A FAQ which describes in detail, both visually and audibly the beauty that is LoS. If you like the game so much, why not support it by describing to people what you see thats so darned amazing. Go stage by stage, and if something is worth mentioning, do so. If you have the proper set up, a series of videos posted on youtube would be best.

Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3437 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:51 AM »
On Alucard, I think it's likely he'll be getting around 3-4 weapons AT MOST, if any at all. Cox seems very insistent on his thoughts that MoF is NOT a Metroidvania title. I know we can expect a great deal of his powers. Looking forward to seeing mist again if it does make an appearance, just cuz I like the concept of it.

Who here wants MS to include alternate costumes for the playable cast? Like their appearances from the original universe? Simon's original CV1 outfit, Trevor's CoD outfit, and Alucard's SotN outfit? It's unlikely they will do that, but I think it'd be pretty awesome, and let's face it. The Snake "costume" in LoS was a poor excuse for an alternate costume.

Maybe sub weapons but not main ones, and as for alternate costumes yes I am all board for that, but I would see it as this Simon in his SCIV outfit, trevor in CV3 and Alucard in his cv3 outfit as well, and yes the snake out fit was crud speaking of MG anyone remember the metal gear song inside the castle right before you fight the butcher?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3438 on: August 01, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure Alucard will only have his sword, plus one or two sub-weapons/spells.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3439 on: August 01, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
+1
I just hope they fix framerate in the final version and give us actual swinging physics when we swing with the whip, just pressing B sounds lame.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3440 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »
I'm sure it's the frame-rate is an issue they know about so it'll get fixed if not at the very least, tweaked so it isn't as bad. If not...well then, me and Mr. Cox might have to have a talk with my whip.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3441 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
I just hope they fix framerate in the final version and give us actual swinging physics when we swing with the whip, just pressing B sounds lame.

I agree, but I seriously doubt they're gonna give us actual swing physics. Not if they're as intent as keeping everything as close to LoS as they seem to be.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3442 on: August 01, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »
+2
*Ed Mcmahon voice* Herrrrrrrreeeee's Simon!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3443 on: August 01, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
Horse.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3444 on: August 01, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »
+2

xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3445 on: August 01, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

Nice to see the vampire killer whip wielded in the typical circular fashion. ;D

Now we wait for the Alucard pics.......

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3446 on: August 01, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »
Dat whip.

Still liking his new design a lot.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #3447 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:42 PM »

Cheers to Simon Belmont  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3448 on: August 02, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »
Yay, Simon!! :) Love him!

Ans Giant Axe Armor on the right???

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3449 on: August 02, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
Looks more like CG monster artwork that's separate from the image but slightly pasted over the screenshot.

So how does Trevor turn into Alucard? maybe "Dracula cursed" him o.o;

Tags: .....?