Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848847 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3450 on: August 02, 2012, 07:29:33 AM »
I got absent from the forums for some weeks and things get interrsting? That's bad karma men!
Also, poor Sumac :(
(click to show/hide)

Soo guys, in the new article from CVG there was this tiny image

The Gabriel drawning is painted in kinda Symilar style to the MOF cutscenes, could it be part of a flashback? Perhaps the "PLayable Gabriel" sections take place in his Pre-Dracula Years!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3451 on: August 02, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »

So how does Trevor turn into Alucard? maybe "Dracula cursed" him o.o;

After some examination over the past month, I don't think that's the case anymore.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3452 on: August 02, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »
Soo guys, in the new article from CVG there was this tiny image

The Gabriel drawning is painted in kinda Symilar style to the MOF cutscenes, could it be part of a flashback? Perhaps the "PLayable Gabriel" sections take place in his Pre-Dracula Years!
That's a pretty old pic, it was around before the DLC for LoS was out. I think that's just an animatic of the intro cutscene in Reverie.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:14:35 PM by OSM »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3453 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
That's a pretty old pic, it was around before the DLC for LoS was out. I think that's just an animatic of the intro cutscene in Reverie.
That's cruel, CVG.

Thanks OSM!

Everything comes full circle

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3454 on: August 02, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »
After some examination over the past month, I don't think that's the case anymore.

Remember in the old Lords of Shadow trailer, they showed footage of Dracul while the audio track was Satan laughing and saying "Die Belmont." My point is:

Perhaps it was Trevor talking about fate giving him a second chance and wasn't Alucard at all. Maybe they were trying to throw us off into thinking that Trevor becomes Alucard. Or maybe Richard Madden voices two different characters...I'm just not convinced that Cox would lead up to making such a predictable conclusion that Trevor becomes Alucard.

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3455 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:18 PM »
+1
I'm just not convinced that Cox would lead up to making such a predictable conclusion that Trevor becomes Alucard.

Given the narration in LoS as well as the teasers for the DLC, yes, yes he would. Before the game even came out, half of the people on this forum predicted that Zobek would betray Gabriel, the preamble of practically every other stage in LoS hinted at the darkness lurking within Gabriel, and the teaser for Reverie straight-up said that he would become a vampire. Subtlety in storytelling is not something that this development team does well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:36:25 PM by Tanatra »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3456 on: August 02, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »
Remember in the old Lords of Shadow trailer, they showed footage of Dracul while the audio track was Satan laughing and saying "Die Belmont." My point is:

Perhaps it was Trevor talking about fate giving him a second chance and wasn't Alucard at all. Maybe they were trying to throw us off into thinking that Trevor becomes Alucard. Or maybe Richard Madden voices two different characters...I'm just not convinced that Cox would lead up to making such a predictable conclusion that Trevor becomes Alucard.
I thought Gab becoming Dracula was a predictable conclusion but it still happened. I hope your right though and it doesn't happen.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3457 on: August 02, 2012, 11:43:32 PM »
Alright I didn't wanna do this, but I guess I gotta lay down my explanation on why the "Trevorcard" theory really doesn't add up once you think about it, here I go:

Now we all know that Gabriel is now a vampire right? With that comes all the disadvantages of being a vampire such as weakness to sunlight, weakness to holy weapons and not being able to cast a reflection. Now let's go to know about Trevor so far, we know he's %100 human, born before the events of Lords of Shadow and he's 26 years of age and he's been trained to fight Dracula when the time comes. So far what we know from Simon's story is that Trevor never comes back from Dracula's castle, possibly presumed dead. The trailers indicate that Trevor possibly became a servant of Dracula and became a vampire too, Simon most likely knocks some sense int him and brought him back to the good side as the half vampire prince Alucard.

But wait a minute, How can a full blooded human become a half human half vampire hybrid?

Now remember when I said that vampires can't cast reflections? Well that the only thing that kinda messes with the "Trevorcard" theory. If Trevor became a vampire like Gabriel, how is it possible for him to cast a reflection on the sword but Gabriel couldn't? And if Trevor did become a vampire, he would look like the vampire grunts from Lords 1 than a elegant looking dhampir. Also, now that we got a good look at both Alucard and Trevor thanks to Gameinformer, their facial builds don't match up either. Trevor appears to look like a grown man (obvioulsy he's 26 ) but Alucard appears to look like he's still a teenager with boyish looks. We know that vampirism either slows the aging process of flat out stop it, I don't think it reverses it.

To be continued, I gotta go to sleep.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:48:51 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3458 on: August 03, 2012, 01:33:32 AM »
Do we even know if Alucard is a dhampir in this universe? They affiliated Cornell with werewolves in LoS, which the original Cornell was not for example. Maybe Dracula turned Trevor into one of those "vampire servants" that sometimes turn up in stories.   

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3459 on: August 03, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »
Maybe we're all wrong and it is linked to the Mirror of Fate or to The Lost Soul or another thing.  ;D

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3460 on: August 03, 2012, 03:44:39 AM »
All interesting theories when it comes to Trevor, so I will explain mine. If you remember correctly, there had been an interview about what the actual "Mirror of Fate" was, this important plot device, according to the interview that was held, was in fact the "Blood Gate" in which Gabriel stepped in to after the fight with the dark lady and of course a speech from Pan. I assume that Gabriel will in fact step through the mirror again, obviously - because if you think about it in a screwed up sense, a mirror has two sides right?

Dracula?

Alucard?

So it is more than likely that Alucard is the mirror image of Gabriel's pure half... xD But we won't know for certain until MoF is released and of course LoS2. xD

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3461 on: August 03, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »
+2
All interesting theories when it comes to Trevor, so I will explain mine. If you remember correctly, there had been an interview about what the actual "Mirror of Fate" was, this important plot device, according to the interview that was held, was in fact the "Blood Gate" in which Gabriel stepped in to after the fight with the dark lady and of course a speech from Pan. I assume that Gabriel will in fact step through the mirror again, obviously - because if you think about it in a screwed up sense, a mirror has two sides right?

Dracula?

Alucard?

So it is more than likely that Alucard is the mirror image of Gabriel's pure half... xD But we won't know for certain until MoF is released and of course LoS2. xD

Interesting theory. I think perhaps the end of the battle with Satan and some stuff flashing out of Gabriel would be something akin to his "pure half". The Lords of Shadow are all halves of people, so couldn't Gabriel's good half simply ascend too?

Another question, and I do hope it's answered, is about the destiny of the mirror. Why would it be Gabriel's fate to progress to the land of the Necromancers, kill Satan, kill Laura, and eliminate the returning Forgotten One only to become the new ruling evil? I know fighting the Lord of the Dead was part of the plan he was trekking on, but could all of the events that followed thereafter be a part of his fate?

It's very interesting, but I do hope MercurySteam tries to deliver a compelling, convincing story. I thought the whole Satan stuff at the end of Lords was incredibly out of place for a Castlevania game, and regardless of if it were something that existed when the game was never greenlit as a Castlevania game, I hope they twist that into a mythos that seems very fitting for Castlevania in terms of aesthetics. I hope Mirror of Fate is the start of making sense of all of that out-of-series type of mythology and waving it into something that doesn't seem too alien to the franchise. I'd like a bigger explanation on why Gabriel has essentially become a catalyst, and why Satan is apparently a key player in this battle for evil. The Belmont's playing a part in it seems to be of lesser importance, as they've always been seen as the warriors for good, even in the older canon.

...It's very strange to be talking about plot elements and wanting answers about things for a fucking Castlevania game.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:19:49 AM by Foffy »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3462 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44:06 AM »
Im thinking mayhbe Zobek will have something to do with Trevorcard should it happen to occur. I mean, lord of the dead, right? trevor loses, Zobek brings him back kinda thing.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3463 on: August 03, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »

Dracula?

Alucard?

That seems unlikely due to the "father" line used by Alucard which seems to have alluded to Gabriel.

At this point its highly likely that Alucard is the son of Gabriel due to that very line which really does throw a wrench into him being the "good half" of Gabriel theory.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:38:32 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3464 on: August 03, 2012, 09:11:11 AM »
That seems unlikely due to the "father" line used by Alucard which seems to have alluded to Gabriel.

At this point its highly likely that Alucard is the son of Gabriel due to that very line which really does throw a wrench into him being the "good half" of Gabriel theory.

But the father line can easily just be something Trevor says. Trevor is the son of Gabriel after all, and flyingchai does have a point where they've put audio over footage of characters that were never voiced by that person to get people assuming things. Until the spoilers came out, we all thought Jason Isaacs was Dracula, because they used his Satan lines over what we saw of Dracula.

Tags: .....? 

anything