Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848608 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4515 on: February 06, 2013, 10:04:11 PM »

Alec Newman rumor?

A alleged playtester of the game dropped a few leaks a month ago regarding Mirror of Fate and LOS2. One of them was that Alec Newman, the VA for Simon Belmont, is set to return in LOS2 and do voice work for another "unknown" Belmont that's slowly leaning to be Julius.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:12:20 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4516 on: February 07, 2013, 01:06:40 AM »
A alleged playtester of the game dropped a few leaks a month ago regarding Mirror of Fate and LOS2. One of them was that Alec Newman, the VA for Simon Belmont, is set to return in LOS2 and do voice work for another "unknown" Belmont that's slowly leaning to be Julius.

Oooohhh... so they're gonna do the battle of '99 eh? I just hope the story would be awesome.

Back to MoF, Trevorcard, just give me a good plot to back it up, then I'm ok with it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4517 on: February 07, 2013, 03:30:06 AM »
Grant is going to have a small cameo in the game apperently. Probably just mentioned in a scroll or something.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4518 on: February 07, 2013, 07:18:23 AM »
That's pretty pathetic. At least Sypha got to be a half-asses attempted at masking light magic as something different.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4519 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:24 AM »
Grant is going to have a small cameo in the game apperently. Probably just mentioned in a scroll or something.

Poor Grant, there is no love for him........not at Pachislot Akumajo Dracula III and not at LoS.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline MelancholySpork12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #4520 on: February 07, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »
Alucardo-Wolf is definitely a bit daft, but the footage itself still looks nice. The boss fights look entertaining enough.

I've been on the fence about the art style for awhile now but I think I've decided that I like it. Alucard looks boss, especially with those wings.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:21:37 AM by MelancholySpork12 »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4521 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
That boss fight wasn't even that great next to... pratically any boss fight in Order of Ecclesia.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4522 on: February 07, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »
Werewolf form reminds me of the Berserker Armor from BERSERK.

Offline MelancholySpork12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #4523 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
That boss fight wasn't even that great next to... pratically any boss fight in Order of Ecclesia.

If you're talking difficulty, I think it's pretty likely that there will be a tougher difficulty setting that most of the people here will want to use.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #4524 on: February 07, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »
If you're talking difficulty, I think it's pretty likely that there will be a tougher difficulty setting that most of the people here will want to use.
Not difficult... but patterns. It must be an early fight, but the boss patterns were really easy to figure (except when the boss uses that energy release that gets most of the screen, totally unexpected).

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4525 on: February 07, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »
I was quite wrong...I watched all the Alucard and Trevor vids, and their 'grunts' are definitely by the same voice actor.

On the same subject of voice actor: Castlevania Mirror of Fate - Gameplay Simon Belmont 5 Full HD
The Night Watchman says "Who dares invade my domain"...and doesn't it sound like Jason Isaacs, or is it just me?
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4526 on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:51 PM »
I have a question......with so many videos showing so much game play, if one is to see them all, then what's the point playing the game? You can see it whole on the internet. :rollseyes:
Ruler of Chaos

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4527 on: February 07, 2013, 12:29:32 PM »
Firstly, they've only showed gameplay elements, nothing that spoils the story.
Secondly, the gameplay they've shown probably isn't even a significant portion of the game.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4528 on: February 07, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »
I have a question......with so many videos showing so much game play, if one is to see them all, then what's the point playing the game? You can see it whole on the internet. :rollseyes:

The same could be said of any game. 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4529 on: February 07, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »
I've got a better question. Are you going to wait for the HD version? I think we all know Cox by now and when he says "we want the most people eperience this game" and "the hd version exists" it sounds to me like a tease. We all know he's tight lipped when he wants to.

Everything comes full circle

Tags: .....?